CC Marathon and the disabled

Scrufsmom

Mouseketeer
I'm trying to find out if the marathon on Castaway Cay is doable for those with mobility impairments? My DH uses a scooter and cant walk, wants to join me if I walk the course. Can anyone offer any information for those who have done this or seen others? Is it a paved path or sandy beach areas and hilly terrain? He is young and wants to be a part of this event if possible. Thanks to all who can offer insight.

I think he could do it because it's all paved and flat, like Shmoo said, the biggest issue would be the heat if you are sensitive to that sort of thing... I would just double check with port adventures ahead of time that it's OK (can't imagine it wouldn't? But not sure what their disabled policy is?)... they can probably get you both a ticket to attend the 5K at PA

I just did the 5K on our August 5 cruise. There was a young boy who did it on his scooter/ECV. He was so cute! The path is wide enough and paved the whole way so don't worry!

The course is flat and paved but it's not a marathon (26.2 miles)...it's only a 5k (3.1 miles).

Thank you!

I do remember some incline going around the bike loop - so if you're used to Florida, it's got some hills; if you're from Colorado, it would seem flat. :)

And technically, on the fun run course for cruises (NOT the Challenge course that is on special cruises following some race weekends), I've never known anyone to actually get 3.1 miles - it's maybe 3. :) Definitely NOT a marathon!

With the route it takes, it would is very easy to turn around on the runway, or continue on the Serenity Bay, leave off the tower loop if it is too hot. There are easy ways to make it very doable for him.

And technically, on the fun run course for cruises (NOT the Challenge course that is on special cruises following some race weekends), I've never known anyone to actually get 3.1 miles - it's maybe 3. :) Definitely NOT a marathon!

True. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter