CBR vs CSR??

Emma Rose

Earning My Ears
Going in April with a friend of mine, we've always loved CBR but are considering trying out CSR... opinions on which one is better?? :)

You will get just as many who like CBR as like CSR.

CSR = our favorite, CBR = our least favorite, of the moderates.

Hey, why not try something new? Only true way to know.

Love CSR, don't care for CBR. CSR is viewed as many as Deluxe Lite. It is the only moderate resort with a fitness center. The pool area is beautifully themed, has a nice slide and a huge hot tub. The bus service is usually top notch, and less crowded than other resorts as some of the guests are convention goers, and don't use the park buses. I also think the food court is massively better than the one at CBR.

I've stayed at both and like both. If I stay in the Jamaica village at CSR, then I love it (I love the theming, the grounds, all of it).... even more than CSR. And with the newly refurbished rooms, it really has become one of my favorite moderates. But both are great resorts, and if you haven't stayed at CSR, then go for it and do something different!

Just stayed at the CBR. Rooms were serviceable and the main pool was great, but the resort felt far away from the "Disney bubble" and all of the parks. Even feels far away from Epcot, even though it's relatively close as the crow flies. Seems to lack significant Disney branding, if that's something that's important to you.

If that doesn't matter, then it's a decent locale.

I've stayed at both and enjoyed both, but prefer CSR. The rooms are quiet, the beds are comfortable, the landscaping in each section is unique, the busing is above average, and the dining options are plentiful. The Dig Site area is well conceived with a very nice pool, the longest mod slide, the biggest hot tub, and a QS + drink refills. I love walking CSR at night and watching the fireworks over the lake.

Cs6noqtWcAAYxfq.jpg

Cs6norLVMAAjmQO.jpg

Cs6norLUEAAqIZm.jpg

Cs6norLUkAA7p9M.jpg

This question comes up a lot. CSR usually seems to win in the court of public opinion. Personally, we love it.

I'll be the voice of dissent. We have stayed at both several times, and we love both, but prefer CBR. To me, the pool and theming are better.

Just got back from our first and last stay at CSR and CBR is better. CSR has a better food court, but that's not enough for us to ever go back.

Just got back from our first and last stay at CSR and CBR is better. CSR has a better food court, but that's not enough for us to ever go back.

Would you mind defining what you mean by "enough"? I'm really curious. Because factually CSR has significantly more amenities then CBR does. So what is it about CBR that you thought was missing at CSR?

I'll be the voice of dissent. We have stayed at both several times, and we love both, but prefer CBR. To me, the pool and theming are better.

Theme is always up to each person but I can't even begin to say any moderate pool (even some deluxe) are better than CSR. I will say CBR has zero entry but nothing else that could up CSR.

Theme is always up to each person but I can't even begin to say any moderate pool (even some deluxe) are better than CSR. I will say CBR has zero entry but nothing else that could up CSR.

Just my personal opinion. I, personally, prefer the pool at CBR. My kiddos like the slide at CSR, but also prefer CBR pool. It does seem that most people prefer the CSR pool; I'm just not one of them.

I don't think a pool has to "up" another pool. It's all still personal preference. I know that CSR has a fast slide and a huge hot tub, but I still prefer the pool at POFQ. For me, I like to be at the main pool and near the main building at the same time. Maybe that's the appeal for some who like the pool at CBR.

Last edited:
Of the two, I've only stayed at CBR, but I loved it! We went in Feb. of 2015, the year there was sooooo much snow up here, so the tropical feel was exactly what we needed, and probably contributed to my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter