CBR Review Feb. 5 - 10th

Tybug

DIS Veteran
This review is a little later than Seasprays since we cruised after Disney until the 14th.

SeaSpray hit all the major points so I won't bore you with those. Instead I will tell you some of our personal experiences with CBR , the cheerleaders and the CMs.

Check in on the 5th. We arrived at about 10:30 am. After a short wait had no problems checking in and purchasing tickets and having them added to our KTTW cards. Our rooms(2) were not ready yet and we were issued a card with a number to call later to receive our room numbers. Questions we asked at the desk during check in were:
1. May we have a room in Jamacia? No, sorry, they are reserved for the cheerleaders arriving on Friday.
2. Please tell me the requests noted on our reservation. Yes, we have you wanting non smoking, connecting rooms, 1st floor for medical reasons. Okay, thank you.

Later, we come back our rooms are in Martinique building 24, 2nd floor. Not acceptable since my MIL has Lupus and cannot handle steps. Furthermore, I made these ressies nearly a year in advance and just felt slighted. A phone call and about 15 mins later, they picked us up and moved us to Trinidad North building 32, 1st floor, connecting rooms. Not a big deal, didn't alter our first day Disney magic.

Tues, Weds and Thursday were wonderful! I think SeaSpray and I were in the same place at the same time a lot. We also did the Magic Kingdom on Thursday in the rain. Everyone left and we walked on rides all day. Also did the Hoop Dee Doo this night and recommend this to everyone!! Great show!

Friday, 8:30 ressies at Cindy's for breakfast... out by 9:10 and had the park to ourselves until we left about 11 am. That's the time hubby was done with the RP Driving School. Left MK and went to MGM for the remainder of the day. What a nightmare!! Cheerleaders EVERYWHERE! They were having their competition in the Indiana Jones Pavillion. Here is where my review and SeaSprays differ.....

They were rude, obnoxious, loud and just downright unruly. We finally left when we were sick and tired of being bumped into(they actually knocked my 9 yr old DS down!) and never once said excuse me or sorry. They cut in lines, they were throwing ice at each other and had no supervision!

So we left. Hubby, DD 14, DD Friend 13, DS 9 and MIL all went back to the room, I headed to Downtown Disney. I left there at about 8:30. Hopped a bus that still had to let pp off at Pleasure Island. There, about 10 chaperones got off the bus. They asked the driver all the fun things to do there and we inquired if they were with the cheerleaders. They responded "yes" and he asked when their curfew was(10:00 pm) and if the chaperones were in PI, who was watching the kids. They just laughed and said no one. After that stop, there were a total of 5 of us on this bus(standing room only) that were not cheerleaders. They sang, the clapped, they stomped, they yelled, they squeeled, they gave the 5 of us headaches. I was never so happy to be off a bus in all my life!

Back in the room, hubby was not happy either. While waiting for their bus the cheerleaders ran to the stop as the bus was pulling up and skipped the line altogether. My family who had waited patiently for nearly 10 mins for a bus had to STAND. Not the first one of them offered a seat to my older MIL. Not one!

Back in the pools, it looked like a scene from Titanic. They were everywhere. We came back late from Epcot on Sat. night and DS wanted to swim again since it was the last night. We sat by the pool until midnight waiting for them to clear out to no avail. They were diving and pushing each other off the side. I never felt safe letting my son into the water. Needless to say, we didn't swim that night.

And just for clarification, my 14 yr old daughter also travels ofter for club ball teams and I chaperone. A little bit of fun is okay, but downright rude is not acceptable. Acting in this manner on any of our teams would be grounds for dismissal. They are representing their school and their actions should be watched closely.

I do not blame Disney or any CM's for their actions and the only thing it did was change my opinion of teens traveling without their parents. I know mine NEVER will!

Congratulations if you made it to the end of this post!!:D :D I say 'ditto' to everything SeaSpray had to say about CBR! The cast members were great, mousekeeping was wonderful with towel animals everyday, the food was good(except the pizza, yuck!), the theming is wonderful, it is kept clean and a great view of Illuminations from poolside! I WILL stay here again! But will also inquire if the cheerleaders will be there the same time. :p :p

It's so sad that a few bad teenagers give them all a bed rap!!

I would never allow my DD to act like that!!

I agree with you, a little fun & rowdiness is to be expected, but rudeness should not be allowed!

If you think cheerleaders are bad this is a warning. Our Graduating class is traveling to Disney World April 9th for 4 nights. They will be at the AllStar Sport. The chaperones are the teachers so I think it will be a tighter ship but for those who aren't thrilled with the thoughts of spending vacation time with the I am free to be me crowd you have been warned.

Welcome back, thanks for posting and glad you had a great time inspite of the rudeness.

:eek:
OMG......your experience with the cheerleaders sounds exactly like our trip two years ago!!!!
It was AWEFUL! The only saving grace was that MOST of them were at the All Stars while we were at CBR. But there were still a few groups at CBR.
And no matter what park we went to ......we could not get away from the screaming, clapping, stomping their feet and total lack of respect for any one!!!!:mad:
One day waiting for our bus, I actually had to pull my DD out of the way because there was a group just running and pushing like a stampede, and screaming the whole time!!! Scared the **** out of my DD, she was almost in tears.
What a nightmare that was!!

I feel for you!! But glad the rest of your trip went well.:D
We are headed for CBR on June 6th YEA!!! :D

Anybody know if any cheerleaders are going to be there is July. Thats when we're going and let me tell you, NO WAY are a bunch of kids or anyone else for that matter is going to spoil one second of our vacation. I can understand fun and games and lots of laughs, but rudeness I will not tolerate. Not after we work hard all year, scrimp and save for a great disney vacation, no one is going to ruin it for us. I have a big mouth when I am pushed, so those who think there going to take over a resort WATCH OUT. We all go away to get away. We all want a nice time, we want to feel safe and happy. THats what a vacation is a nice time. I must sound mean and rude myself, but beleive me, I'm not.

dg39.....I think you can call WDW guest services to find out what groups are scheduled at the time you will be there ;)
I agree with you !!! That was how we felt.....

I wouldn't worry too much about July though. I don't think that is a typical time for teenage groups to visit.

Have fun!! :D

Tybug:

Welcome back! I wish I had known you were there when we were, I'd have loved to say Hello! :)

I am SO sorry you encountered rude cheerleaders. The ones we saw were fine. I didnt hear cheering or yelling at all, not even once. I guess timing is everything :/
I'm glad you enjoyed CBR, though! I have to be honest and say that if I had dealt with the same cheerleaders you did, I would be extremely unhappy and would've complained to CBR Front Desk. It is NOT a convention resort, and to encounter a rude, large group of people of ANY age, especially when unexpected like that, just isn't right. I realize that Disney has no control over it's guests' behaviour, but when you find loud, rude people, the resort does have some obligation to try and control it. (For example, maybe a call to the cheerleader chaperones to tell them to give the girls a good talk might've helped...I don't know...)

Anyway....welcome back and I'm glad you liked the resort :)
Also, I can't believe they put you in a second floor room when your MIL has lupus. Did you tell them at check in that you can NOT have a second floor room? I'm glad they moved you right away though!

P.S. I have only heard of cheerleaders being at Disney during the winter months. We were there early May last year and didn't see a single one!

This is why I will always stick with my Aug/Sep trip to WDW, no cheerleaders and most kids are back in school....

carib01a.gif

I believe that the cheerleaders are only there in mass in February. My wife and I were there in February one time and it was the same cheering and all.

Thanks all!

SeaSpray - sorry we missed you. I forgot my ribbon and didn't notice any while we were there. I would have really liked to have met you. Yes, I inquired as to our request noted on the reservations and explained the medical situation again at that time. I was a little surprised as well. They did fix the problem rather quickly and we didn't let it spoil our fun!

Cindyfan - I should have known they were going to be there. My parents visited the same week a couple of years ago and had the same experience we did. Of course we didn't remember until we got back that it was the same week. I now have it marked on my calendar in red..... never that week again!:p

dg - that's exactly how I feel! I understand it's their vacation(to some extent) also, but geez. :(

Thanks for for all the welcome backs! We had a great time and I miss it already. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter