• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cash at the parks

hoffse

Earning My Ears
Hi all - this is probably a stupid question, but is it possible to use cash in the parks for souvenirs? We are taking my 5-year-old there for the first time in a few weeks, and he has been saving his birthday and tooth fairy money all summer for it. Husband and I will use magic bands for everything we pay for, but he's not really old enough to understand electronic payment methods just yet lol.

TIA!

I think the only time I saw cash not preferred was in the immediate re-opening? Also some of the kiosks don't always have a magic band reader or they go down and are finicky.

It's all I will use when I travel anywhere in the country. If they don't take cash, they don't care enough to want my business and I'll go elsewhere. So short answer, yes Disney takes cash... happily.

Yes, as others have said, cash is definitely accepted. In fact, if planning on visiting the EPCOT Food & Wine festival, I'd recommend having some on-hand ... when lightning is in the area, they sometimes have to shut down the systems at the outdoor booths and only accept cash for a brief period. It's fairly rare but does happen -- or sometimes technology just isn't cooperating. Hope your son has a great time picking out a special souvenir!

while there are some AP discounts that pop up from time to time that are “cashless payment only” cash is still accepted

As long as you’re just visiting Disney parks, cash is accepted.

Sea World went cashless.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter