Carsland expansion vs Marvel land

Flickor

Earning My Ears
I was just thinking with Cars 3 coming out June 2017 and the plot to be taking place on route 66 and route 99 that a Carsland expansion would make sense. (if the Marvel stuff wasn't happening) I for one would rather see more kid friendly options in DCA and I think Cars 3 will be much better than Cars 2. If you had your pick what would it be?

I don't see CarsLand at DCA expanding. Now some reteaming of the current area to add the Cars 3 theme and new characters I think is a no-brainer.

But the "Corporate" current suits want to push Marvel, no matter what. They spent a lot on the franchise, and can't even use it in the Orlando Theme Parks due to a prior agreement with Universal Studios.

So we are getting Marvel Land no matter what.... And WDI/TDA sees where the money will come from. the Marvel and Stars Wars franchises, try to do something else, and it will be a very hard sell.....

I thought I remember reading a few years ago how they had kept some land for future expansion. One of the ideas was for a "drive in". Something similar to the sci-fi diner in disneyworld. I would love it if they could move the autopia ride. It would thematically fit perfectly, all the cars could be changed to "cars" cars with updated electric engines. The space where autopia is now could then be used as part of a tomorrowland overhaul.
I really enjoy the marvel movies, but for some reason I just am not excited about its presence in the parks. I can't put my finger on why, but I do understand why they are pushing it into the parks.

I'm all for a Cars Land expansion. That seems like it would have the typical great theming from Disney.

With a Marvel Land, all I can imagine is SixFlags. You know, where you build a rollercoaster, slap a giant A on it, and call it Captain America: Nazi Beatdown.

Cars Land in the first place was well thought out and well situated. The same applies to Star Wars Land (even though it replaced Big Thunder Ranch of blessed memory.) Marvel whatever it's going to be is shoe-horning an IP into DCA simply for the sake of following an amusement industry trend. The moment you eat your own young by trashing classic themes on classic attractions, you lose. There's no way that there wasn't a better way forward. For my partner and me, this was the nail in the coffin of us being longtime DLR AP holders. (We hopped coasts to be WDW APs over the summer, instead.) Rather than a Cars Land expansion, I'd prefer a much better considered Marvel expansion that respects what's already working and loved at DCA.

I wish everything Star Wars and Marvel would just go away, IMHO it doesn't fit with Disney, so sad to see my favorite classics being replaced. I think my love affair with Disneyland is coming to a quick end.

I'll agree with the Marvel part. To rip out TOT, and probably to rip out Monsters and Muppets for the new Marvel park, I really don't like that. Not sure how Marvel fit's in with a "California Adventure". They're just cashing in on that one.

As for Star Wars, the only thing that went away is an animal petting zoo and Big Thunder Ranch BBQ. And while that WAS my favorite place to eat at DL, it's just a restaurant. Nothing else will be removed for SWL, which I'm glad of. It's basically all bonus with this new section. I just wonder how DL will feel with basically two Tomorrowlands.

I'll agree with the Marvel part. To rip out TOT, and probably to rip out Monsters and Muppets for the new Marvel park, I really don't like that. Not sure how Marvel fit's in with a "California Adventure". They're just cashing in on that one.

As for Star Wars, the only thing that went away is an animal petting zoo and Big Thunder Ranch BBQ. And while that WAS my favorite place to eat at DL, it's just a restaurant. Nothing else will be removed for SWL, which I'm glad of. It's basically all bonus with this new section. I just wonder how DL will feel with basically two Tomorrowlands.
My biggest gripe is that it seems like they are trying to gear the park towards an older crowd rather than the little kids. I have so many memories of my daughter enjoying the petting zoo when she was a toddler and seeing the Reindeer at Christmas time, the quiet walk was also our resting spot for many years. I feel like it is turning into Universal. Star Wars and Marvel are for older kids/adults instead of the little ones.

Star Wars happened "a long time ago in a galaxy far far away" so that's not Tomorrowland at all (our galaxy just happens to be technological imbeciles apparently), more of an expansion of Fantasyland as all of those stories also supposedly happened a long time ago.

Cars, Monsters, Bug's Life and the Muppets are all acquired properties that Disney had no hand in creating. They just bought Pixar and stuck them in DCA even though Cars is the only one that has anything to do with California. The Twilight Zone has absolutely nothing to do with Disney and is a very old adult theme, those were already on reruns when I was growing up and I'm 45. If you have problems with Marvel and Star Wars going into the parks, you should have problems with all of those as well.

I think it's just the change people have a problem with...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter