• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Carousel I&S ??? UPDATE: Review

PattiPB

<font color=green>I'll be happy to learn the secre
Hello all!

Trying the Carousel Inn and Suites this weekend for the first time.

Recent visitors, please tell me about the cont. breakfast. I normally bring cereal for the kids, because they are big breakfast eaters, and just a danish won't cut it. Please let me know what to expect.

Looks like it'll be pool weather. Do they have a nice pool??

Thanks everybody!

I cannot believe you are going this weekend brat!! Have fun, I haven't stayed there but I have wanted to for a while so promise to let me know how it is!!

Andrea

Carousel has danish, muffins, toast, instant oatmeal, fruit, juice, and coffee. In my opinion theirs is slightly better than others in the area. But we still do get our own cereal and milk sometimes. Or I'll get some yogurt cups to have with the oatmeal. I've seen people bring in a jar of peanut butter too, and use the toast and jam from the hotel.

Thanks, Monica.

Weird related question: Do they have a milk dispenser, or the little packets of creamer? We usually use the milk from the big dispenser to add to the kids cereal. If I need to bring actual milk, I'd like to know.

Thanks, Monica.

Weird related question: Do they have a milk dispenser, or the little packets of creamer? We usually use the milk from the big dispenser to add to the kids cereal. If I need to bring actual milk, I'd like to know.

Patti, We usually stay here and I don't believe they have milk. Ds is a HUGE milk drinker so this stuck out in our minds. They had juice and coffee.

We usually grab apples and the kids munch on cereal back in the room. They have decent mini muffins too. I could eat 20 of those! Whoops did I say that???

I bring a gallon of milk in a cooler because ds likes it so much and wants it at strange hours of the morning usually before the breakfast place is open anyway.

The pool is on the roof and I haven't ever swam in it but it looked OK. Nothing too special. We just ran up there for a quick look at the fireworks but realized that we enjoyed watching them from the breakfast area better.

Have a great trip. I tried to talk dh into going this weekend too but he reminded me I have traffic school on Sunday from my LAST trip to DL. :rolleyes1

I too will be staying there for the first time in June:woohoo: Please let me know how it is, hope we made a good choice.:thumbsup2

Have a great time Patti!! If you don't mind, let us know what your thoughts are on the hotel when you get back. We are considering staying here in Dec. Maybe we'll see ya in the parks!!:dance3:

What a NICE hotel!!!!!

We got a dirt cheap AAA rate ($74 per night) and were VERY pleased with this hotel.

Rooms: We had 2 rooms, nowhere near each other. Only negative for the weekend, but it was really my fault, I didn't call and request. Room 206 was smaller than 242---ask for the smaller, 2-story building. Bigger room, and I think it was newer. :confused3 In both rooms: Nice beds and duvets. Extra pillows---4 per bed total. Wood floors and plantation shutters on the windows were a nice touch, and made the room seemer...cleaner...somehow.

Location: The "other direction" from the light, but close and easy.

Parking: They ran out of parking, and gave DSis a windshield note and she was told to park for the weekend at McDonald's. A little weird, but went find.

Breakfast: Limited, but nice from the "view room". No milk dispenser, so we bought some milk. Danishes and croissants were fine, and kids had toast. We like milk on our oatmeal, so didn't eat that. Decent coffee.

Customer service: Outstanding. Girl was wandering around breakfast answering questions, and giving the kids little packs of jelly beans "for later". Apples in reception 24/7 are a nice touch.

HIGHLY recommend this location. The nicest, most recently renovated we've stayed at on Harbor.

Did you call them directly to get that AAA rate or book on the web site or what? We are trying to book lodging for our upcoming trip and that is cheaper than most we have seen.

We were there for quick trip, only 2 nights, 1 full day at DL! The rooms were nice and clean. Breakfast was ok, we had some, but headed to the park for the real thing!

Here's a photo taken from the DL side of the crosswalk!

DSCF0192.jpg

Have a great trip.

PattiPB, glad you had fun! It's always nice to find another hotel you like just so you have more options!! I may have to try it now, although the cheapest I ever seem to find is about $86 a night, which is still not bad!!

Did you notice if they have elevators in the smaller two story building? Thanks

Andrea

I'm not Patti, but I can tell you that there are not any elevators in the smaller builder.

If you have AAA or Entertainment, call them and they can usually give you a good rate.

Thanks Got2Travel!! I have to have an elevator, maybe they would guarantee me a ground floor because I would like to have the bigger room.

Where is the smaller building, in back? Is it a longer walk than the main building? I pas sby all the time and have never really looked!

Thanks

Andrea

Thanks Got2Travel!! I have to have an elevator, maybe they would guarantee me a ground floor because I would like to have the bigger room.

Where is the smaller building, in back? Is it a longer walk than the main building? I pas sby all the time and have never really looked!

Thanks

Andrea

Hi Andrea!

No ground floor rooms---they have the parking as the bottom level.

Smaller building is across the parking area from the larger building. Not any further back.

Size diff of the rooms: Could not fit a twin Aerobed in the main building. Fit easily in the room in the smaller building. Noticeable difference.

Thanks, good to know!! But since there are no ground floor rooms, I will be forever (well for about 5 more years) confined to the main bldg due to I am not lugging a stroller up stairs!!!

Andrea

I had no idea the elevator-less building had larger rooms. Good to know!

Thanks, good to know!! But since there are no ground floor rooms, I will be forever (well for about 5 more years) confined to the main bldg due to I am not lugging a stroller up stairs!!!

Andrea

Last time we went, I felt it was too cramped in the room to keep our double stroller in there too. Since we had a good parking spot up front, we'd keep it in the van when not using it. Didn't work out all that bad actually.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter