Caribean Beach or Coronado Springs??

Massu2

Earning My Ears
I'm currently booked at the CBR with a RO discount Jan 31 to Feb 7 for myself, DW, DS(13) and DD(8). I will be rebooking with the SDP discount. I am considering changing to CSR when I do. For those who have stayed at both let me know which you liked better and why?

Thanks in advance!

I have stayed at both and they are very comparable. They are both very big resorts. They both have amazingly themed main pools(CSR is a little better IMHO) and great theming through out the resorts. The only difference is that CSR is a conference center as well, so at times it can be very busy. CBR never feels crowded to me.

We have stayed at both resorts and I prefer CBR over CS. I love the food court and the new refurbished rooms and the theming at CBR. I liked CS too but I prefer CBR

I have some videos of CSR in my signature if you want to
get an idea of what the resort is like. I personally love Coronado Springs. I enjoy amenities, the location, less crowded buses and fantastic pool.

I am stressing about this decision - I have two kids - here's the big question WHICH pool is better??!?

I am stressing about this decision - I have two kids - here's the big question WHICH pool is better??!?

Debating on CSR too - we stayed CBR in the fall, loved the pool, didn't like bus service or being 'upgraded' to the far away pirate rooms.

My whole family loved CSR. Loved the pool, the landscaping, and the bus service. It is much closer the parks. It didn't feel big to us. CBR was okay.

We love CSR!! With us being a couple with no kids, it seemed like the best resort for us and we were right! There were still kids there, but not nearly as many as we have seen at other resorts. We love the main Pool and all the quiet pools as well. This resort is absolutely beautiful, especially at night! We also loved the bus service and most of them consisted of us and a handful of people...never crowded!

We were at CBR the 1st week in November. It was are first stay on property. We liked the food court, new rooms, and my daughter loved the pool. Cons: Staff was very hit or miss. On two occasions housekeeping knocked on our door at 8:00ish. We were almost on our way out on both occasions. I asked politely if they could come back in a couple minutes we were on our way out. the first time she just got an attitude and didn't say a word, the second time she shoved towels in my hands. Not to mention the room was so dusty I had to clean my daughters trundle. There was a fabulous lady she saw me walking to another village for quarters for laundry (are machine was broken) and got a golf cart and took me there and back. Also the Buses weren't so bad, but I felt for being such a big resort at night they could do better. We are considering returning for Christmas and are options. I have looked at CS as well. Can't decide. I would love to stay at a deluxe but need to save $$$. Also they tried to do the "Pirate Upgrade"to me I said no. I had requested Jamica. I didn't get a building close to the bridge but it was refurbished and I enjoyed that. By the way, for the price I would do it again. It is not close to parks as deluxes are but with the app and hopping we really enjoyed it. Some days we spent the whole morning afternoon at the resort or downtown, then hit the parks at night. Sorry for the long post. ")

I have stayed at CS and POR and am trying out CBR in 4 months. Our kids were little when we stayed at CS and I must admit the pool there is nice. I just didn't feel the "magic" at CS as it was more of a convention resort. It could be just me, though.

They both have great pool areas. The slide at CSR is one of the longest ones at a Disney resort. Otherwise, look at pictures with your kids and have them tell you which looks like more fun to them.

In general, I much prefer CSR over CBR. I've stayed at both, and imho CBR doesn't hold a candle to CSR. CSR has much quicker bus service, not only because it is a convention resort (which means fewer guests that are using the buses) but because CSR has 4 stops compared to the 7 at CBR.

It depends on what is important to you. We just stayed at CSR in September and it's beautiful. But if you plan on eating in the food court a lot like we do, it was a deal breaker for us. The selection is extremely limited. If you've stayed at other value/ moderates, there is no beverage coolers like other resorts. We are always on he dining plan, so we like to grab a bottle of water/juice/powerade with our meal, then use our mugs and take the bottles into the parks with us. We couldn't do that there. Also the dessert selection is about half of the others. Also the advertise a create your own pasta station, which I can tell you was NOT available the 11 days we were there. But it was quiet, the buses were extremely efficient, pool never crowded and other than the women who check you out in the food court, the CMs were super friendly and helpful. We got our room requests and had a room in the cabanas, and overlooked the lake. It was gorgeous. The pool looks like more fun at CBR and the food court much more appealing so we booked it for this year.

I have stayed at CS and POR and am trying out CBR in 4 months. Our kids were little when we stayed at CS and I must admit the pool there is nice. I just didn't feel the "magic" at CS as it was more of a convention resort. It could be just me, though.
We felt the same. Even my kids kept saying that hey didn't feel like they were at Disney. POR and POFQ aren't overly themed either, but it still felt like Disney. But for some reason we just weren't feeling it there. I have to admit I'm a little nervous with 8 bus stops at CBR, but super excited to try it.

It depends on what is important to you. We just stayed at CSR in September and it's beautiful. But if you plan on eating in the food court a lot like we do, it was a deal breaker for us. The selection is extremely limited. If you've stayed at other value/ moderates, there is no beverage coolers like other resorts. We are always on he dining plan, so we like to grab a bottle of water/juice/powerade with our meal, then use our mugs and take the bottles into the parks with us. We couldn't do that there. Also the dessert selection is about half of the others. Also the advertise a create your own pasta station, which I can tell you was NOT available the 11 days we were there. But it was quiet, the buses were extremely efficient, pool never crowded and other than the women who check you out in the food court, the CMs were super friendly and helpful. We got our room requests and had a room in the cabanas, and overlooked the lake. It was gorgeous. The pool looks like more fun at CBR and the food court much more appealing so we booked it for this year.

At CSR the drinks are in a cooler in Cafe Rix. At least they were 3 weeks ago. Maybe it is a recent change?:confused3

I hope you are not setting yourself up for disappointment at CBR. I really disliked their food court. To me, there is not much to pick from there. But my stay there was 3 years ago, so maybe they have changed things a bit too.

At CSR the drinks are in a cooler in Cafe Rix. At least they were 3 weeks ago. Maybe it is a recent change?:confused3

I hope you are not setting yourself up for disappointment at CBR. I really disliked their food court. To me, there is not much to pick from there. But my stay there was 3 years ago, so maybe they have changed things a bit too.
Yes, they had SOME at cafe rix, but if you wanted to get it as your drink with you CS meal, you had to get your meal there, which all they had were cold sandwiches. We looked online at CBR menu and we found a huge selection. We shall see in November......

I'm currently booked at the CBR with a RO discount Jan 31 to Feb 7 for myself, DW, DS(13) and DD(8). I will be rebooking with the SDP discount. I am considering changing to CSR when I do. For those who have stayed at both let me know which you liked better and why?

Thanks in advance!
I will also note that CSR is starting a huge refurb of all the rooms starting in July. Not sure when it is scheduled to be finished. So it could mean you will see construction if that matters at all. But it could also mean that you could possible get a nice new room .

I have to admit I'm a little nervous with 8 bus stops at CBR, but super excited to try it.

Actually it's 7. Because every village has its own stop you are always very close to one. So we have found we much prefer to be sitting on an air conditioned bus riding around the resort than walking in the Fla. heat to a bus stop.

Actually it's 7. Because every village has its own stop you are always very close to one. So we have found we much prefer to be sitting on an air conditioned bus riding around the resort than walking in the Fla. heat to a bus stop.
Ok I was counting custom house when I counted them. I was just worried it would take forever to go to all those stops. Plus from staying at CSR and POR I know that it's kind of crazy when the buses are packed at every stop having people shuffling around to get out when people are standing in the aisles. But I'm sure it's nice being close to your room when you do get off

Ok I was counting custom house when I counted them. I was just worried it would take forever to go to all those stops. Plus from staying at CSR and POR I know that it's kind of crazy when the buses are packed at every stop having people shuffling around to get out when people are standing in the aisles. But I'm sure it's nice being close to your room when you do get off

Gotcha, the park buses don't stop at the Custom House. We usually stay in the Village of Jamaica. When Jamaica has been the first stop picked up we averaged 6 minutes from stepping on the bus to leaving CBR property.

Gotcha, the park buses don't stop at the Custom House. We usually stay in the Village of Jamaica. When Jamaica has been the first stop picked up we averaged 6 minutes from stepping on the bus to leaving CBR property.
That sounds good. We requested Jamaica....we will see if we get it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter