Caribe Royale

Does anybody know if they have high-speed internet in the two bedroom villas? If so, is it wired or wi-fi? How fast was it? Thanks!

thanks for the feedback. i see this place advertised online alot and we even drove past while visiting WDW in June. it looks so nice.

the info you provided gives me a better mental picture to consider.

thanks again.

I agree...driving by it looks like a really nice place to stay.

We are staying there in late June. The reservation person told me that the shuttles are scheduled about every 2 hours beginning at 8:00 TO the parks and every 3 hours back FROM the parks.

Caribe Royale suites were quite nice when we were there a few years ago. Pool was lovely. They had free continental breakfast, up to a certain time of the morning.

When people say the Ponderosa is across the street, keep in mind that street is like a 4 lane highway. If you are renting a car then the other restaurants are close. If you are walking, then not so close.

As for the shuttles to the parks - they were running 3 in the morning. When you check in get that schedule because its not 3 shuttles to AK, 3 to MK, 3 to MGM, etc. It was 3 shuttles in the morning and you picked which one you wanted. The MK/Epcot one took you to the TTC. Same for returning shuttles. The shuttles dropped you off in the middle of a big parking lot (further away from the gates than the Disney buses).

Perhaps the schedules for the shuttles have changed and I don't want to mislead you, so get the schedules right away.

Anyone have experience taking a cab to the parks from Caribe Royale? It sounds like its not too far, so maybe a cab is reasonable?

I posted this question on another thread but I just booked the Caribe Royale for one night. I was told that the shuttle to DTD started running at 6pm up to 11pm. She told me if I wanted to get there earlier, to just take one of their shuttles to a Disney park and take the DTD bus from there. She also said that parking at DTD was free. I didn't know this and would like a confirmation if someone knows. Also, my confirmation came through e-mail along with their brochure. The guest rooms/beds, tvs, etc. do not match what I'm seeing now on their site. I'm hoping it was an old brochure. Thanks

I posted this question on another thread but I just booked the Caribe Royale for one night. I was told that the shuttle to DTD started running at 6pm up to 11pm. She told me if I wanted to get there earlier, to just take one of their shuttles to a Disney park and take the DTD bus from there. She also said that parking at DTD was free. I didn't know this and would like a confirmation if someone knows. Also, my confirmation came through e-mail along with their brochure. The guest rooms/beds, tvs, etc. do not match what I'm seeing now on their site. I'm hoping it was an old brochure. Thanks

yes, parking at DTD is free.

Disney doesn't have a bus that runs from any of the parks to Downtown Disney. You would have to go to a Disney resort and take a bus from there.

We just booked 3 nights here before we check in for free dining on 8/16 at the Pop....Mousesavers recommends this resort on their website and we got a great deal using the mousesavers promo! Now I'm really excited after reading all the positive comments and reviews! The transition to the small room at Pop Century on the 16th might be hard since this place is so nice!!!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

We stayed at the Caribe Royale from April 4th through the 11th. It was fantastic, I would definitely book a room there again on our next trip. Our room must have been one of the newer remodeled ones, it was beautiful! Nice sized fridge and microwave. When you first walk in the room, there is a pull-out couch and desk area with a huge dresser. The fridge is in that dresser/center, also the microwave, coffee pot, etc. A large flat screen t.v. sits on top. Very nice. Then you walk through the doorway, which has a door to shut for privacy between the rooms. You walk through a short hallway with the bathroom- shower and toilet in a small room. Then across from those was the granite countertop, sink, shelves underneath to put some of your things. A nice pull out mirror on the wall. Hair dryer. The big room had a huge dresser, and two queen beds. Also a large flat screen t.v. We had an amazing view of the whole pool area! Beds were super comfy, great pillows. Things were nice and clean.

It's a beautiful hotel, we had great service, the pool is very, very nice. Family movies each night out by the pool. We were very happy there. Also, the shuttle service to the parks was very good- no problems there at all. Hope this helps someone. One thing that we wished we would have done was mailed food to our room, or made a grocery stop once we were picked up from the airport. The fridge was a bit bigger than I expected and we could have brought breakfast items. We did ship water ahead though- it worked out perfectly. My hubby did make two trips to CVS across the street to pick up some cereal, milk, donuts, etc. but the selection there was minimal. Also, crossing that street was pretty dangerous!! But he made it.:banana:

Just got back from a stay at the Caribe Royal. Overall its a great place! WE had a one bedroom suite (2 queens) with 3 adults and 2 kids. The room was really nice. Beds were decent. Linens were nice. TVs were nice flatscreens, although the cable left a lot to be desired (but so does Disney's, IMO!).

Vanity was nice.

We had a parking lot view (and of some power transformers). But, it was ok, we wernt in the room a lot!

The fridge was useable, and decent sized. Didnt use the microwave, but it did look small.

My only dislike on the layout of the suite was the living room had a door to the bedroom and bathroom, but their was no door from the bedroom to bathroom, thus if the person sleeping in the living room area wanted to use the bathroom in the middle of the night, it woke everyone in the bedroom up.

The pool was decent. Liked how the kiddie pool had a playground right there. Waterslide was fun. Water was not heated (we had just left the Nick hotel where the water was a LOT warmer!). Lots of pool seating, and the pool wasnt crazy busy.

Didnt eat the the restaurants, but did get some light breakfast stuff at the marketplace to eat in the car on the way to Disney. Cost was reasonable!

There was a Ponderosa, a Japanese Place and a 7-11 across the street (yes, its a 4 lane highway, you wouldnt want to walk across it!).

Location was great. Short drive to Downtown Disney, and Disney itself.

Would I stay again... YES! But, if it was 3 adults again, Id go for a 2 bedroom villa. (my Mom tagged along on this trip).

Overall its a nice place! I would recommened it to friends!

...My only dislike on the layout of the suite was the living room had a door to the bedroom and bathroom, but their was no door from the bedroom to bathroom, thus if the person sleeping in the living room area wanted to use the bathroom in the middle of the night, it woke everyone in the bedroom up.

Oh gosh, that doesn't sound good!
You mean there's no privacy in the bathroom?

Sorry no!!!!!!!

Layout of the 1 bedroom suite:

Enter in living room, pass through door to vanity area, door to right with tub/shower/toilet, proceed straight ahead to bedroom (ours with 2 queens).

Only the vanity area is open to the bedroom, not the shower/toilet!

Still, for the person sleeping in living room, they must go into the bedroom area, to get to the bathroom. I hope that makes better sense!!!!!!

Sorry no!!!!!!!

Layout of the 1 bedroom suite:

Enter in living room, pass through door to vanity area, door to right with tub/shower/toilet, proceed straight ahead to bedroom (ours with 2 queens).

Only the vanity area is open to the bedroom, not the shower/toilet!

Still, for the person sleeping in living room, they must go into the bedroom area, to get to the bathroom. I hope that makes better sense!!!!!!

Yes! Thanks for clarifying.;)

Just got back last week.
Loved the place, was pretty much as vickilynn42 described it.
Opened the door and the smell of brand new carpet hit you.
I think I was the first one to stay in this room since it was redone.
The micro wasn't even plugged in, I had to plug it in and the safe still had the battery saver small piece of plastic in it, so I KNOW I was the first one to lock the safe.
Had a pool view, loved it.
Kids liked the slide and I took both of mine (4 and 7) under the waterfall.

Great location, went to the CVS next to 7-11 a few times for supplies/water/milk/cereal.

Only think I didn't like was people smoking poolside.
Smoke bothers my son and wife, so I heard about that.

Otherwises, great place to stay.

I was hoping to book a nurse rate at the Swan or Dolphin, but so far the cheapest room for the date I need is WAY out of my price range. This place sounds WONDERFUL! We just need one day prior to our ressie at the Poly kicking in. I've debated between adding that day on to our ressie at the Poly too, but now I think this is the place for our family to try for our first night!

Thanks to all who have taken time to review it and answer questions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter