Caribe Royal package

TommyJoe

Earning My Ears
I found what I feel is a pretty good off-site package deal at the Caribe Royal resort for my family's upcoming visit this month. It's called the "Family fun package." Check it out and let me know what you think. Here's what you get for $2218 includes all taxes/resort fees/gratuities:

7 nts accomodations in 1br. suite
free breakfast buffet everyday
4 day PH's for all four of us
2 day Universa/IOA "escape" tickets for all four
free welcome drinks
$10 video arcade vouchers for each kid
welcome basket
scheduled transportation to all resorts including Universal
1 family meal night w/pizza and pop

So what do you all think? Is this value worth the cost, or do you think we could find something comparable onsite?

Thanks for taking a look.(BTW i'm not in any way affiliated with this resort, just trying to get the most for my money and hopefully share info about a good deal).:D

What was the price per night for the room? Mary, at mousesavers.com, has a $99 a night offer, a one bedroom suite at Caribe Royale which is a great price. You make the reservations through Caribe Royale but all you have to do is mention you want the "mousesavers rate" to get the $99 one bedroom suite. Not sure if it is better than what you have seen, but if you price out the park tickets, room and tax's then compare. I have not stayed at this Resort, but I have been to it and it is beautiful!! The pool is fabulous! Look into mousesavers.com, there is a nice write up (review) on this resort also.

RobinLyn ;)

TommyJoe,

The Caribe Royale is a very nice hotel and I definetly would stay there again...however, I think you can do better by purchasing all components seperatly. If you got the mousesavers rate at the hotel it would come to $776.16 4day PHP from connections for 4 adults $784.00 (a litlle cheaper if there are kids tickets involved) and a 5 day Bonus Pass to US/IOA $360.00 (again a little less if kids) so your package would be around $1900.00..So you could save $300 but you wouldn't get the Pizza hehe But than you could have a great dinner somewhere and still save $$.

Yes I think that it will be more economical to buy everything separately. I priced it out myself using the $99 Mousesaver's rate and I figured I would be spending almost $500 more going with the package deal. Package deals sure are convenient but they definitely don't add up to $500 worth of convenience. I'm glad to hear such good reviews about the Caribe, in fact I haven't heard one negative remark about it.

Thanks for the responses. We're really looking forward to this trip(my kids have no idea we are even going, they think we're going camping in Idaho), so i'm sure we'll have a great time regardless of where we decide to stay(we're also looking at Embassy suites for about same per night rate using my government employee discount).

One last question for MOMTOMOOTOO: What is the "5 day bonus pass" at US/IOA, and where can I get one?

Again, many thanks for the input and look for our trip report sometime this late June. :)

using my government employee discount

Did you know that the Swan/Dolphin hotels will give you a great discounted rate for being a government employee??
These hotels are onsiteat WDW, same road as Epcot and MGM!! They are run by Starwood. Sign up for a Star wood card if you stay here.
You can read about this also at MouseSavers.com here isthe link to that page,scroll down to see info
http://www.mousesavers.com/swandolphin.html

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter