Caribbean Beach FAQ part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to drop in with some new info. Have not seen in this thread where rooms at CB have been offered for families if 5 yet , but its official (or a glitch, lol) .
Only the preferred rooms (so far) are bookable for families of 5 !
Was just checking for our upcoming stay in December , and CB popped up for a choice ! (it has never come up before for a family of 5) .

So ............it would seem obvious to assume that , at least the preferred rooms are getting some kind of murphy type of fold out bed (like POR) besides the queen upgrades.

Wow, queen beds and (probably) a fold out of some sort for CB ! Maybe we CAN finally stay at CB !!! We have been longing to stay at CB for a long time now, but the double beds have been a deal breaker for us. After visiting CB on a past trip, we fell in love with it, and cant wait to stay. We have stayed at most of the deluxe resorts on site, but really like the "vibe" of CB (and the price) ! CB would be great way to extend our DVC stays a few extra days without breaking the bank !

We will be at WDW next week , but sadly NOT at CB. :sad1:

Can anyone else confirm the extra sleeping space (murphy, fold out etc) or have any pictures of a new fold out bed to back up the fact that Disney will let you book 5 at CB yet ?

Exciting news !

.................Syndrome

Syndrome said:
Just wanted to drop in with some new info. Have not seen in this thread where rooms at CB have been offered for families if 5 yet , but its official (or a glitch, lol) .
Was just checking for our upcoming stay in December , and CB popped up for a choice ! (it has never come up before for a family of 5) .

http://s67.photobucket.com/user/reefherbie/media/CB_zpsb04018a4.png.html

So ............it would seem obvious to assume that , at least the preferred rooms are getting some kind of murphy type of fold out bed (like POR) besides the queen upgrades.

Wow, queen beds and (probably) a fold out of some sort for CB ! Maybe we CAN finally stay at CB !!! We have been longing to stay at CB for a long time now, but the double beds have been a deal breaker for us. After visiting CB on a past trip, we fell in love with it, and cant wait to stay. We have stayed at most of the deluxe resorts on site, but really like the "vibe" of CB (and the price) ! CB would be great way to extend our DVC stays a few extra days without breaking the bank !

Can anyone else confirm the extra sleeping space (murphy, fold out etc) or have any pictures of a new fold out bed to back up the fact that Disney will let you book 5 at CB yet ?

Exciting news !

Nobody can confirm the Murphy bed but lots of little signs are pointing that way.

I wonder if Martinique will be done by next March?

And I hope they don't only hold the 5-occupancy rooms for only that number, we need to be close to the food court!

Remind me where the RAC is and the ME pickup for our return to the airport. I can't remember if they are at the Custom House or OPR.

The ME booklet says boarding passes will be printed and put under our door on our last morning, but we'll still need to go to RAC to check our luggage. If I recall, that was at Custom House? If the bus picks us up there, we'll just stay there and eat breakfast at the airport, but if the ME bus picks up at OPR, we may try to get up early enough to eat at OPR.

Leaving on Tuesday!!!

bjscheel said:
Remind me where the RAC is and the ME pickup for our return to the airport. I can't remember if they are at the Custom House or OPR.

The ME booklet says boarding passes will be printed and put under our door on our last morning, but we'll still need to go to RAC to check our luggage. If I recall, that was at Custom House? If the bus picks us up there, we'll just stay there and eat breakfast at the airport, but if the ME bus picks up at OPR, we may try to get up early enough to eat at OPR.

Leaving on Tuesday!!!

Have a great trip!!!

ME pickup and RAC are at the Custom House.

that is the one thing about CBR I don't like.

because of this, we took the internal shuttel over to the custom house earlier than we needed to. to check our luggage, get our boarding passes, and have bell services keep our carry ons.

we kept the boarding bag with some things we might need. went over to old port royale for breakfast. then intended to go back to the room for a bit before it was time to go to catch the ME>

the maid wouldn't let us in! it was only 10 am. I don't care if I checked in my bags, I wasn't done with my room yet. not till 11. lol

I guess the privacy sign fell off. yes I did get my room charges as long as we were there. and yes, I do love it when I'm checking in if people leave early, so I get my room early. and when we used to drive down we always left about 6 am.

but she kept arguing with me.. sorry about the misunderstanding, but, do I have my room until 11 and I do need to use it. she actulally called to report me, and I just put the vacuum and her stuff out of the room and said "come back at 11" there was a language barrier.

anyway, the point is you can check your stuff earlier than you need to go eat and come back.. just make sure if you are not done with your room, you leave the privacy sign on the knob and you tell them at custome house you will be returning to your room!

now our last stay we were at POFQ and we did have an hour to kill between the 11 am checkout and ME pickup, so we hung at the tables by thepool bar with the newspaper and a last vacation cocktail.

http://s67.photobucket.com/user/reefherbie/media/CB_zpsb04018a4.png.html

Exciting news !

Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this! I haven't been able to check lately so this is such exciting news! I was really starting to worry that they'd have only suites and not the Murphy beds for us families of 5. And so happy to know that when the 2015 rates come out, I can play around with those numbers too. I live POR, but am SO excited to be able to try something new!

Preferred room for 5 is also showing for my October dates at rack rate!!!! Really wish they would be offered in the FD promotion:). Love Jamaica section and if they are working there now does that mean they will become preferred rooms?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Preferred room for 5 is also showing for my October dates at rack rate!!!! Really wish they would be offered in the FD promotion:). Love Jamaica section and if they are working there now does that mean they will become preferred rooms?

That's an interesting question. When I booked this past February, the CM on the phone told me that Jamaica was preferred (when I requested it). As I knew this wasn't true, I just called back and spoke with someone else and they noted the request on my reservation. Maybe it was foreshadowing....:confused3

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for those 5-person rooms :)

It sounds to me like Jamaica will offer suites and rooms that sleep up to 5 and become a Preferred location.

Any idea how many buildings may have queen beds by late September? Hope there are at least some available!

I like that Jamaica has standard and preferred rooms. I really hope they do not change the entire section to only preferred (as suites). We just love the Jamaica section the most. We had a standard room last time and we were in room 4622-it had a great view of their lawn and was very quiet and peaceful. I booked us a water view for our Sept trip. I'll be sad if Jamaica is only suites by then. :(

Just booked a pirate room for 9/20 - 9/27! I actually would have preferred non-pirate but that was all that was available. I enjoy reading everyone's posts and look forward to many months of planning!

Just booked a pirate room for 9/20 - 9/27! I actually would have preferred non-pirate but that was all that was available. I enjoy reading everyone's posts and look forward to many months of planning!

I'm there the 19th to the 27th! Happy travels!!!!

Yay!! This is exciting ;). For the pirate room, I would say keep checking online, they might get cancellation on non-pirate room..... Good luck and happy planning!

So if I'm booked in a standard room for the end of October now - could standard change to preferred between now and then based on this whole Jamaica theory? Jamaica is standard now correct?

mparadis718 said:
So if I'm booked in a standard room for the end of October now - could standard change to preferred between now and then based on this whole Jamaica theory? Jamaica is standard now correct?

Yes Jamaica is currently standard and I don't see that changing. But you never know.

Jamaica has standard rooms now and we will have to wait and see what Disney does with the room categories. You will have standard rooms in other parts of the resort as an option.

nothing to do with jamaica, but we were able to add a day to our free dining reservation for late sept... we added a day to the beginning. I'm sure the reason it was available was because it was a king room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!