Caribbean Beach FAQ part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant to say in my reply to you above that I hope Mamma can join you guys as I know how she loves CBR!

I will let you know how it goes. We will be starting the process with David's in a couple weeks. We are planning 9 nights and paying for the Dining Plan. If my numbers are correct, we'll be able to stay 9 nights Deluxe for about $400 more than our 7 night trip last year at CBR with free dining. It's easier for us because we are only 3 so we can get away with a studio. Once you start getting 1 and 2 bedrooms, even with renting points it gets pricey.

Right now, Mama's still going. We're headed to Tennessee next week and she's going with us so we'll see how she gets around and whether or not she thinks she can make it in Disney. That was one of our other reasons for switching back to the CBR. She likes it there, knows her way around and doesn't mind staying at the resort during the hottest times of the day instead of going to the parks.

As you know, we threw POR into the mix when we were thinking about changing resorts. In the end, we thought that POR would feel too much like home since we are from Louisiana.

I think that we are going to request Martinique the next time simply because it's been a while since we've stayed in that section of the resort.

I agree with you about the feel of the resort. Living in Mississippi I have that same doubt and expect I might consider changing back to CBR. The resort is just so beautiful and that aroma when you pull up to Customs House is so dreamy. The main reason I want to try POR is the Royal Room. My 26yo daughter is my travelling companion and we are two big kids at Disney. We love the whole princess experience.

I really liked the Martinique Building. We were usually the first stop off depending on the route but I would say 90% of the time we were first stop. The only request I had was ground floor, corner room which we got both. I really like this location. It was close to the bus stop and just around the corner from the laundry/quiet pool.

Looks like we'll be headed back to the CBR again in May, 2013. :cool1:This will be our 9th stay there.

We were going to try a new moderate (CSR) but found out that there will be a convention there for two of our nights. That might not sound like a big deal but the convention ends on a Thursday and my thinking is that a lot of those folks will extend their visit on through the weekend. Before I changed back over to the CBR, I did some internet research and that same convention had over 1,300 attendees at their 2012 convention and it wasn't at Disney so you know good and well more are going to attend because of it's location. From what I've read, they are expecting 1,700 + in 2013.

I'm actually a bit relieved to know that we are going back to the CBR. Although we were excited about trying something new, we were also nervous that we would miss the Caribbean Beach.

Let the countdown to our 9th stay at the CBR and our 18th trip to Walt Disney World begin! :woohoo:

Yay!!!! :cool1: However, sad for you at the same time since I know you were looking forward to trying some place new!! There is always the next time! ;)

I'm all excited. I just got through booking our first ever onsite stay. :cool1: This will be our 6th trip, but the first time we've ever stayed in a WDW resort (got a 30% off pin in email), and we picked CBR . We are going to be there from Feb 17th-23rd , and we sprung for the pirate themed room. Can't wait! :woohoo:

jekajekalynn said:
I'm all excited. I just got through booking our first ever onsite stay. :cool1: This will be our 6th trip, but the first time we've ever stayed in a WDW resort (got a 30% off pin in email), and we picked CBR . We are going to be there from Feb 17th-23rd , and we sprung for the pirate themed room. Can't wait! :woohoo:

We stayed in a pirate themed room & we loved it! The theming is so fun ad it knocked the socks off of my then 9 year old! We lived the pools and the food court there as well! Enjoy your stay!

lovingeire said:
We stayed in a pirate themed room & we loved it! The theming is so fun ad it knocked the socks off of my then 9 year old! We lived the pools and the food court there as well! Enjoy your stay!

Agreed! We stayed 4th of July in the Pirate rooms. I was afraid of distance from main pool/food court and buses especially in that heat and over a crowded holiday...but it was a lovely vacation.

smiths02 said:
Agreed! We stayed 4th of July in the Pirate rooms. I was afraid of distance from main pool/food court and buses especially in that heat and over a crowded holiday...but it was a lovely vacation.

Are the pirate themed rooms in just one building or are they spread out through the different ones? We are staying one in May for our anniversary.

All of Trinidad South are pirate themed rooms. The other rooms at CBR are the Nemo themed rooms.

BTW, we were just there and the conversion to RFID locks on the doors was well underway. Hated the old locks as they didn't always lock properly when you left the room. In our experience, anyway.:)

As you know, we threw POR into the mix when we were thinking about changing resorts. In the end, we thought that POR would feel too much like home since we are from Louisiana.

I think that we are going to request Martinique the next time simply because it's been a while since we've stayed in that section of the resort.

you will love Martinique!!! we were there during our trip in 2010. it is so close to the food court, and main pool! we have requested that area for our upcoming trip!! glad to hear you are going back to cbr. i look forward to reading another one of your trip reports.

I have a few questions since I last posted:

1. What is the parking situation like? IE: Are the spots near Trinidad south by where we are staying, or do we have to park in a centralized location for all buildings?

2. Is there some sort of a bellhop service at the resort to assist with luggage?

3. I requested an accessible room since my dh has some mobility probs now. She (the cm I talked to on the phone) assured she would note our request. I didn't that on my printout confirmation , so I was wondering if checking for an accessible room is something we have to do in advanced? If so how far in advanced?

TIA! :thumbsup2

I know this has been asked before, but I can't find it. I know there are two routes the park buses take around the resort, depending on where they are coming from/going. Which villages are the first stops?

Thanks, and sorry for the repeat question.

I have a few questions since I last posted:

1. What is the parking situation like? IE: Are the spots near Trinidad south by where we are staying, or do we have to park in a centralized location for all buildings?

2. Is there some sort of a bellhop service at the resort to assist with luggage?

3. I requested an accessible room since my dh has some mobility probs now. She (the cm I talked to on the phone) assured she would note our request. I didn't that on my printout confirmation , so I was wondering if checking for an accessible room is something we have to do in advanced? If so how far in advanced?

TIA! :thumbsup2

) There are parking areas outside each building so you won't have to walk far to and from your vehicle.

2) I know that Bell Services will help the guests who have flown in but I'm not sure if I've ever seen or heard of them helping guests who drive. Maybe someone else knows the answer to this question.

3) Since an accessible room is important, I'd suggest that you make a call to Disney Travel just to make sure that it's notated.

I know this has been asked before, but I can't find it. I know there are two routes the park buses take around the resort, depending on where they are coming from/going. Which villages are the first stops?

Thanks, and sorry for the repeat question.

If the buses take the side entrance, then the first stop will be Jamaica, followed by Aruba, Barbados, Martinique, Old Port Royale, Trinidad North and the last stop would be Trinidad South. If they use the front entrance, the first stop will be Martinique, followed by Old Port Royale, Trinidad North, Trinidad South, Jamaica, Aruba and then Barbados.

the bell hop services will indeed help you if you have driven. even though there are no elevators, they will put all your stuff on a luggage cart and pull it up the stairs if you are on the 2nd floor. (please remember to tip these guys!)
call the night before you leave to have them come help you make the sad trip to your car on departure day:(

We were at CBR Nov 9-13 for a mini-trip with Mom, Dad, DD22, and DD20. This is a mini trip report for our mini trip.

Our flight landed at 11:00 AM and we headed down to the DME desk. We usually arrive later in the afternoon and there usually few people waiting for the buses. On the 9th, however there was a huge crowd and we waited about an hour to get onto our bus to CBR. It was quickly full and we were off to WDW. The first stop was AoA, then POP, then finally the CBR!

Our rooms weren't ready yet so we had lunch at OPR and chilled for awhile. Our daughters' room was ready first, so we headed over there and within an hour our room was ready too.

We had dinner at Tony's and had tickets to MVMCP so we cruised the MK enjoying everything until 12:00 or so and headed back to the resort for a good night's sleep. We were on an overnight flight and didn't sleep well the previous night.

The next morning had us at DHS for opening and we got fast passes for TSM and then rode it standby. After going again with our FPs we wandered off to do Rockin Rollercoaster, Star Tours, and the rest of the park.

We had dinner at Tutto Italia so it was off to Epcot, for dinner and to check out Food and Wine. The crowds were huge but we enjoyed a few snacks and beverages before a wonderful Italian dinner. After dinner we cruised World Showcase before going over to MK for EMH...until 3:00 AM! And we indeed did stay until park closing. Everything was pretty much a walk on since most families with kids left after the fireworks. We rode BTMR repeatedly without getting off.

Next day we were off to AK for our homage to Everest and the rest of our favourites there including Kali. Then it was back to Epcot for dinner at Chefs de France. We had an excellent meal there and had great service, no doubt to the fact that 3 out of our 4 spoke passable French. We did Mission Space for the first time (in the past my wife and I heeded all the "cautions" and "warnings") and I found it to be realistic but underwhelming. I was expecting far more g-force and sense of spinning. Maybe being an ex pilot had something to do with it?

On our last day we just checked out the Festival of the Masters at Downtown Disney and eventually went back to AK before going over to AKL to have dinner at Boma. We loved the meal and wandered around the resort afterwards. The family was very impressed with AKL and had me thinking about a DVC membership in our future?

At the end of it we all had sore feet, full tummies, and another great time staying at CBR!:)

We're leaving this Thursday for CBR :cool1:. My mom is taking a few big bills with her and was wondering if there is an area at the resort where she can get them broken down into smaller bills. Or would she be better off going to the bank before we leave and have them do it. She's trying to avoid having to take a lot of small bills with her on the plane.

Thanks!

Has CBR been updated with queen beds yet? We leave on the 12th an wondering if I should bring an air mattress.

Has CBR been updated with queen beds yet? We leave on the 12th an wondering if I should bring an air mattress.

We're leaving Thursday. As far as I know, it's still full size beds. I've "read" on these Boards about CBR upgrading soon, but don't know when or if they are in fact going to do it.

Thanks for the info. Was told when I booked that they'd be upgraded by June. Guess not, lol

We can still hope that this is true. We were just there and the only work we saw evidence of was general maintenance/painting and upgrading the room locks to the RFID (sometimes called "Prox" cards) type. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter