Car Seat Travel Bag

DeeCeeSW

DIS Veteran
Hi all,
Does anyone know of a good, sturdy, travel bag for me to carry our carseat in when we travel? We plan on checking it in as our 2-1/2 y.o. DH will not sit in it on the plane for any extended period of time.

All responses are greatly appreciated!

I have one from Prince Lionheart that I got at BRUS 6 yrs. ago for ~$20. It has about 200,000 air miles on it at this point. It did get chomped by some bag-sorting machinery in England 2 yrs ago, and the airline gave me a generous check to replace it. However, the only part that was torn was the thick vinyl on the bottom, so I got a vinyl repair kit from an auto-parts store for ~$4; it only took about 15 minutes to repair it, and you can't even see where the damage was.

I saw some Eddie Bauer branded carseat satchels at my local Target the other night; it was the first time I had seen them there, but they were on the baby-stuff clearance shelves; I suppose there wasn't enough demand for them in my neighborhood.

Satchels are wonderful; the backpack straps save you when you need to take them to the gate, and they serve as a great "extra" packing space if you are checking the seat. However, if you put loose items in with the seat as checked luggage, put them in a plastic bag, so that they won't give you grief when you need to remove the seat at your destination.

Thanks, NotUrsula (if you're not Ursula, then who are you, LOL?). I am actually going to head out to my local Target today to see if they have any of those Eddie Bauer bags. Their website is selling them for $14.99. The Prince Lionheart bag is actually quite expensive now; the $20 you paid was a good deal.

You're welcome. The nickname comes from something my DS said a few years ago. He thinks that the villains' songs are fun, and he especially loves "Poor Unfortunate Souls" from Little Mermaid. One day, after singing it gleefully for in the car, he turned to me and said, "Mom, that song is funny, but I'm glad you're not Ursula."

I used to post as Skeezixspud, but I got locked out of that account when the servers changed over a while back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter