Car rental in Hawaii- any advice?

kkmcan

Official Mouse Fan
We just booked Aulani yesterday for March 12-18th. So now I'm on the prowl for a good car rental deal. I've checked several sites this morning and they were all in the $400-$500+ range for a mid size car! Crazy!

Discounthawaiicarrentals.com had a midsize for $199 total which seemed pretty good but I want the absolute best deal I can get. Should I book this or wait? Are there any really good coupon deals you guys can share?

So far I checked Thrifty, Alamo, Kayak, and Discounthawaiicarrentals.com.

Thanks!

I'd be booking the $199 rate. That's prime spring break and Hawaii car rentals are always expensive, it's not like Florida.

Thanks! I pretty much decided the same thing and went ahead and booked it. There is no deposit or even credit card to reserve and its cancellable so I went ahead and did it. I didn't want to regret not jumping on this.

Booked through Costco for October 2013 trip and paid $80 for a one week rental... Crazy good price, I know. Rates started at $200 and I checked daily until price dropped. Costco was by far the best price I could find anywhere for Hawaii.

ETA - You don't need to be a costco member to check prices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter