Can't Go in May Only Spring Break Please Help

Poohbear03

Mouseketeer
I was originally booked in May but due to family issues my husband doesn't have that much leave and we have 3 days off the week leading up to Easter so he would only need to take 16 hours of leave. I do have a pin code and that helps with resort cost some but still is almost 300 more. (peak prices) Is it a good sign that all Moderate and POP have availability even with the pin code? The only other choice is to wait until spring of 2018. I do not want to go in the fall. What can I expect and is it doable or should I wait a year?

Oh, and next Spring will be the big 50 for me!

Last edited:
Since you use the word "leave", instead of "vacation time", it sounds like you may be a military family. If so, have you checked for military discounts?

From experience, I would say that the week before Easter is less crowded than the week after. However, it is getting to the point where there is really no "slow" time at WDW.

Between the Moderates and Pop, I'd 100% go with Coronado Springs. It's beautiful and so quiet. Peaceful. Never been the week before Easter, but the week of Easter is nuts. With it still be available, I would go for it if you can afford it. There's no wrong way to do Disney! Would give my first born for a pin code. Haha.

This is probably a better than average year to try Easter since it is later than normal (combining with fewer spring breaks). But I would still expect very busy.

The good thing about very busy, is Disney knows it's very busy and has more CM's, longer park hours and runs arise at peak capacity.

Since you use the word "leave", instead of "vacation time", it sounds like you may be a military family. If so, have you checked for military discounts?

From experience, I would say that the week before Easter is less crowded than the week after. However, it is getting to the point where there is really no "slow" time at WDW.
Not Military, we receive annual leave.

Between the Moderates and Pop, I'd 100% go with Coronado Springs. It's beautiful and so quiet. Peaceful. Never been the week before Easter, but the week of Easter is nuts. With it still be available, I would go for it if you can afford it. There's no wrong way to do Disney! Would give my first born for a pin code. Haha.

Would give my first born for a pin code. Haha :rotfl2:

The week before Easter will be very very busy. If you have your heart set on going, go! Otherwise save more and book in May next year. :)

We will be there the week before Easter and we did it that way before, too. It is crazy, but we did rope drop up to 1pm (with fast passes at 11, noon, and 1) and then relaxed at the hotel after, either in lounges, room, or pool. We would either go out to dinner or just get table service.

Good luck!

The week before Easter will be very very busy. If you have your heart set on going, go! Otherwise save more and book in May next year. :)

We will be there the week before Easter and we did it that way before, too. It is crazy, but we did rope drop up to 1pm (with fast passes at 11, noon, and 1) and then relaxed at the hotel after, either in lounges, room, or pool. We would either go out to dinner or just get table service.

Good luck!
I a, considering waiting until next year. We are not taking any children on this trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter