• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cancell room only reservation - what happens to FPs?

mdurette

DIS Veteran
We will be heading to WDW in a couple of weeks, we have a room only reservation. Bands are linked to separated non expiration tickets we had from a couple years ago. A friend just offered us her timeshare close by and it will save us a lot of money. I'm thinking about cancelling the room only, if I do....what happens to our FPs that I made at the 60 day mark? Do they get cancelled with the room reservation? I would hate to loose them.

From what I understand from reading the Fast Pass terms - you are within the 30 day window, so they would remain intact. To be sure though, when you call to cancel - just ask. From what I have seen in the past, if you made your FPs at the 60 day mark and cancel at the 45 day mark, then the passes would be cancelled because it falls outside of the 30 day window that everyone can make FPs. But if you cancelled at the 29 day mark, your FPs would remain (which is your situation).

Since you are within 30 days, the FP should stay.

Just FYI, MagicBands are never linked to specific tickets. They are just a way to access the information in your MDE account, including tickets. That is why any active bands can be used interchangeably.

My understanding is FPs stil remain from the 60 to 30 day window, but cannot be changed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter