Canadian Residents 25% off tickets on WDW site **Offer extended until May 20, 2017.

I thought I would tell you all about my experience with the 25% off tickets. I was logged into my Disney experience when I purchased them and I was able to link them to each person. I made fast pass + arrangements at 60 days, no problem. Our first day at Disney we visited Disney springs. Guest services was extremely busy and had a 90 minute wait however they let me put my name on the list and we went off the eat and shop and enjoy ourselves. When I came back they said there were 8 people ahead of me but I can wait inside. In just a few minutes a CM called my name. I explained that I was here to pick up my tickets. I gave her my family's and my passports and my email address and she was able to find my daughter and my tickets. My sister has her own my Disney experience account and once I gave her my sisters email address she could find her ticket too. The CM gave me the plastic RFID tickets you usually get. My family was still sitting in the restaurant and the CM never asked to see anyone else in my party. I never got a voucher that I am aware of. There was a confirmation email that may have had a bar code but I never printed it or brought it with me. I had my cellphone with me and could've logged into MDE if asked to show her the tickets but she never needed me to.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing your experience. It's good to know it was easy and straight forward. I take it your plastic (actual) tickets were automatically linked with your MDE when you went in to redeem your email vouchers (ie the ticket # was now associated with each person).

Thanks for sharing your experience. It's good to know it was easy and straight forward. I take it your plastic (actual) tickets were automatically linked with your MDE when you went in to redeem your email vouchers (ie the ticket # was now associated with each person).
Yes that's correct. I bought brand new magic bands this trip and linked them to MDE. I brought the tickets along just in case but our first park day we easily gained entry with just our magic bands.

Just back. My tickets were linked to my MDE. I had the plastic cards as well. Used the tickets the first time at an Epcot entry, scanning through with our magic bands. Entry was denied (I simply forgot about the tickets/passports!) and we were asked/told to show our passports at the ticket window at the front (note not Guest Relations). It was quick and went right back through the entry area.

I also inquired about bridging to an AP (DVC discounted one). I was given a price of over $300 --- $330? can't remember the exact price (had 10 day hoppers). I didn't upgrade.

OT, but have been many times during Christmas/NYE and thought numbers were way down. And the weather was insanely perfect as well. So it did make me wonder.

There was one night at an Epcot EMHs that it was like a personal park experience.

Last edited:

My questions pertain to Disneyland.

1) If you purchased tickets to Disneyland, how was your experience receiving the voucher via e-mail? Did it only take a few hours to arrive, or did it actually take a full day or more?

2) Here's the harder question... I am a Canadian citizen. Do I have to purchase these while I'm in Canada, or can I purchase these while I'm in Los Angeles, before we travel to Anaheim? We fly out on Jan 28th but will not be going to Anaheim until the 31st or Feb 1st. There's a possibility I may receive a phone call to come home early (instead of Feb 4th as planned), so I'd like to purchase the tickets closer to our actual visit..

At the moment I would have to print the vouchers out, which I'm sure wouldn't be a problem at the hotel. My smartphone (iPhone 4) is too old and the app refuses to install. I'm looking into a new one but might not have one within the next 2 weeks.

Can you tell us how it worked out? :)

Scroll back - I posted on Jan. 2. :) And Ottawamom, I was the only one with a Canadian Resident Ticket, the others had the AM tickets redeemed before the special AM offer for Canadian Residents. So not sure how it would work out for everyone in the group. Honestly, I'd just take all IDs. As we've all learned throughout the years, it always depends on who you get at the ticket booth how things work out. :)

My questions pertain to Disneyland.

1) If you purchased tickets to Disneyland, how was your experience receiving the voucher via e-mail? Did it only take a few hours to arrive, or did it actually take a full day or more?

2) Here's the harder question... I am a Canadian citizen. Do I have to purchase these while I'm in Canada, or can I purchase these while I'm in Los Angeles, before we travel to Anaheim? We fly out on Jan 28th but will not be going to Anaheim until the 31st or Feb 1st. There's a possibility I may receive a phone call to come home early (instead of Feb 4th as planned), so I'd like to purchase the tickets closer to our actual visit..

At the moment I would have to print the vouchers out, which I'm sure wouldn't be a problem at the hotel. My smartphone (iPhone 4) is too old and the app refuses to install. I'm looking into a new one but might not have one within the next 2 weeks.

The voucher via e-mail came through within minutes (just like all other Disney confirmations). I used it with Disney World but I can't imagine Disneyland being any different.

The beauty of an email confirmation is that no one knows where you are in the world when you receive it. I can't imagine that there would be any issue with purchasing your tickets closer to the actual date. You just need to be a Canadian Resident to take advantage of the offer.

Just thought of one issue. You may have difficulty getting access to the Canadiian offer. When I was in Florida and logged on it sent me to the American website not the Canadian one. You should be able to force it to go to the Canadian site by logging in to the Canadian site directly. Just make note of the address before you leave or save the web page on your phone.

The voucher via e-mail came through within minutes (just like all other Disney confirmations). I used it with Disney World but I can't imagine Disneyland being any different.

The beauty of an email confirmation is that no one knows where you are in the world when you receive it. I can't imagine that there would be any issue with purchasing your tickets closer to the actual date. You just need to be a Canadian Resident to take advantage of the offer.

Just thought of one issue. You may have difficulty getting access to the Canadiian offer. When I was in Florida and logged on it sent me to the American website not the Canadian one. You should be able to force it to go to the Canadian site by logging in to the Canadian site directly. Just make note of the address before you leave or save the web page on your phone.

Thanks for your reply! The Disney site says it can take 24 hours for the e-mail to arrive, which is why I am wondering about people's actual experiences. I'm glad to hear you received yours quickly.

How would I know if I'm on the Canadian versus American website? Is the offer is only listed on the CAN website? The reason I wondered if I could still purchase these while I'm in LA is because some websites detect the IP address you are using and direct/force you to a particular page. Like Target. Target these days will NOT let me access target.com. It forces me to visit intl.target.com. Which frankly ticks me off big time. I can't browse their website before a cross-border trip unless I use a VPN and make it look like I'm already in the States.

Thanks for your reply! The Disney site says it can take 24 hours for the e-mail to arrive, which is why I am wondering about people's actual experiences. I'm glad to hear you received yours quickly.

How would I know if I'm on the Canadian versus American website? Is the offer is only listed on the CAN website? The reason I wondered if I could still purchase these while I'm in LA is because some websites detect the IP address you are using and direct/force you to a particular page. Like Target. Target these days will NOT let me access target.com. It forces me to visit intl.target.com. Which frankly ticks me off big time. I can't browse their website before a cross-border trip unless I use a VPN and make it look like I'm already in the States.

Try asking someone (who's currently in the US) on one of the Theme Parks And Strategies Board if they can see the Canadian Ticket offer if they were to purchase tickets.

Try asking someone (who's currently in the US) on one of the Theme Parks And Strategies Board if they can see the Canadian Ticket offer if they were to purchase tickets.

I was already chatting with a close friend and asking her to do just that @ottawamom and nope this is what she sees
upload_2017-1-12_11-45-17.png DO you have anyone who will still be home that you would trust to go on-line to your MDE account, buy the tickets and then forward the e-mail to you? This might be the only work-around to get the Canadian pricing.

As an aside to this conversation: The last time we were in Disney my Kindle did a forced update (NOT impressed) and when we got home nothing worked --- I ended up needing to change my settings so that it will forever be an American device. Whenever i access the Disney site and look at pricing I get a warning pop up that the rates are for Canadians only but i still can't make it give me US pricing for packages so the site obviously recognizes I'm in Canada.

Hey all! Just back a month ago from my last wdw trio, and already trying to go back hahaha. So my plan is to wait until all these new lands are open. Star Wars, Toystory, avatar, and rol is in full swing!!! I am seriously considering getting 8day with park hoppers. Also considering renting dvc points. Can anybody think of things I need to consider for this to work, or not work. Probably going to be a late 2018 trip or 2019 trip

Thanks

Hey all! Just back a month ago from my last wdw trio, and already trying to go back hahaha. So my plan is to wait until all these new lands are open. Star Wars, Toystory, avatar, and rol is in full swing!!! I am seriously considering getting 8day with park hoppers. Also considering renting dvc points. Can anybody think of things I need to consider for this to work, or not work. Probably going to be a late 2018 trip or 2019 trip

Thanks
I can't think of a reason why it won't work. We're just back (6 days ago) and while I don't have the next trip planned yet it's inevitable that we will be back. I plan to buy more Disney tickets at 25% off before the sale is over and we will save them until next time.

Thanks
Shouldn't be an issue as long as you can use all eight days in a 14 day period.

I just started a new post about this. Just got the email today. Sorry. I didn't see this thread.

Has anyone been able to book a package with the 25% off tickets looking at doing a dining package with 2 night resort. Did you have to pay in full or just a deposit. I'm planning on calling today but I was curious;)

I bought Disneyland tickets last week with Canadian discount and also got the email right away. I was on the American Disneyland website (I think...the disneyland.disney.go.com), but there was a radio button with one option for regular tickets and the other for Canadian discount. So I selected Canadian discount and went from there.

Can you call Disneyland for the Canadian offer or do you have to purchase them online? I had asked for them when I booked my Disneyland hotel but I don't think she processed it correctly since I haven't received any emails for my tickets. I think I might have to call them and check on this as I don't want to get to Disneyland and not have tickets plus my sister now wants to upgrade to the park hoppers so I guess it is a good thing that the tickets probably weren't purchased.

Can you call Disneyland for the Canadian offer or do you have to purchase them online? I had asked for them when I booked my Disneyland hotel but I don't think she processed it correctly since I haven't received any emails for my tickets. I think I might have to call them and check on this as I don't want to get to Disneyland and not have tickets plus my sister now wants to upgrade to the park hoppers so I guess it is a good thing that the tickets probably weren't purchased.

I am not sure about the DLR tickets but for the WDW tickets, the discount applies to park hopper too. It's best to call and ask. Pixie dust!

Yay! My original plan was 3 days in Disney, then it turns out that the way flights worked out it was cheaper to add a day, plus the Canadian deal meant the 4-day ticket was cheaper than the 3-day (non discounted), so that was a no-brainer. Then I just realized we get in early afternoon on our first day (which wasn't going to be a park day) and it's only $35 to add an extra day for all 3 of us, so now what was my 3-day Disney trip is now a 5-day trip! :)

(The first CM I spoke to thought that I wouldn't be able to upgrade my 4-day to a 5-day until I was there in person, but she passed me through to someone else who did it for me).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter