• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Canadian Buffoon's Disney With a Teen Vacation - 08/13 - The Wrap

You know, ( well you don't yet) I originally thought to be my optimistic self and say you made it through to your flight in time and all that jazz, but I got the better of my self and decided to be more of a realist.

Always go with your gut.
You may be wrong, but at least you won't get indigestion.

Yay for the extra points though! :) THANKS!

You're welcome! :goodvibes

I'm glad you made it through (thankfully Kay was cooperative with questioning her running away!) to your flight and got to the hotel.

I was pretty glad too, actually. :rolleyes2

Good that a room was ready and top floor- even though only one bed. That was nice of the CM to bring you a rouge cot! :)

I really did appreciate it.
I mean, who really wants to sleep on the floor???

My guesses are:
1-Kay wakes up at 9:15am first morning at Disneyworld even though she's a teen, i'm betting she's excited and ready earlier than the rest of the trip ;)
2-First ride is EE
3-snack is Mickey Pretzel

Noted.

I'm trying to keep up and not get behind! Busy life, but so say most, right?

::yes::

That's so cool! She must have loved that.

She was a little taken aback by all the attention.
But I think she enjoyed it too.

It's normal for me, I would wear a costume every day if I could.

:laughing: Who wouldn't???

I think it's called Hocus Pocus Villains Spooktacular. It's a broadway type show on the castle stage. It has the three sisters from the movie Hocus Pocus (which I've never actually seen). Musicals aren't really my thing but I enjoyed this. Most of the villains are in it, including Oogie Boogie. It's on youtube if you want to see it.

Ah. I think they had a villain show, but it was just called the Villain Show, or something like that.
No Oogie Boogie, or Hocus Pocus sisters.
Lots of evil characters from other animated movies, though.

Well, what a great day! I've stumbled on another fantastic pkondz trip report...and still with the new car smell!

Hey, Jeff! :welcome: over from the old, to the new TR!

I went to Canadian Tire and bought a "New Car Smell" air freshener,
so that's probably what you're smelling.

Helps cover up the funk.

Just wanted to let you know that I enjoyed reading your last one. (Although I found it near the end, I did read the whole thing and lived to tell about it :)).

Wow! I find that hard to believe.
That you enjoyed it and lived!

That deserves an "attaboy". ::yes::

Glad I discovered this one sooner. Let's see if I can get in on the points this time!

Glad to have you in at the beginning!

My guesses are below:

9:45am
Expedition Everest
Churro

Noted.
Don't forget the transportation wait time guess!

Well… you do have a big heart…
(and we don’t need to really get into actual brain size right here).

Hold that thought... something's full and needs emptying...

Not that bit of the story…
Enhancing the story = more things to give you grief about
Ending the story = no more grief to be given.

My vote: MORE GRIEF!

:laughing: I hate to disappoint you,
but I don't think there's going to be much grief in this TR.
Oh, sure. Kay almost gets killed... but that's later.

Surprising…
Sense there’s not much about me which can generally be referred to and understandable.

I'll give you that one.

Oh, you mean the wiggle in Gaea’s pirouette…
Yeah, the ol’ gal does like to skitter ‘round the dance floor while doing the Luna Polka around Helios, don’t she?

::yes::
(I wonder how many people would get that? Hmmm....)

Yep, that’s a brand of chilly that we don’t currently experience down this way.
The lowest recorded temp I’ve ever encountered was 6 degrees F.
I suspect that y’all would see that as a mild autumn walk in the park.
“Sweatshirt & Shorts Weather”, so to speak.

Welll...
When the temps start to dip in the fall and it gets down to 6F/-14C,
we complain about how cold it's getting.

Conversely, in the spring, when the temps start to climb up to 6F/-14C...
then yes. It's not uncommon to see people wearing just a T-shirt.

Coldest I've ever encountered? Hmmm...
That's problematic.
Temperature wise with no wind, I guess about -60F/-50C.
But I recall walking over to a friends place for dinner when the temp + wind
made for a combined winchill temp of about -91F/-69C.

Good that you clarified that,
The normal rules of joke theft pretty much call for the revers of that condition, ya’ know.

:laughing: That's true!

You started it…

I'll give you that one, too.

Hold that thought... something's full and needs emptying...
Not in the storm drai...
Awwww, never mind.

:laughing: I hate to disappoint you,
but I don't think there's going to be much grief in this TR.
Oh, sure. Kay almost gets killed... but that's later.
Wrong kind of grief, there.
But this does sound like an excellent story to come.

Coldest I've ever encountered? Hmmm...
That's problematic.
Temperature wise with no wind, I guess about -60F/-50C.
But I recall walking over to a friends place for dinner when the temp + wind
made for a combined winchill temp of about -91F/-69C.
Nope…
We don’t see stuff like that. It just don’t happen ‘round here.

I'll give you that one, too.
Two gimmies in on response…
It's gonn’a be a good day, Tater.

Am I the only one who immediately thinks of Carol Burnett?

View attachment 126202

Thank ya’; I saw it in the window and just had to have it.

Classic!

Always a Happy day when there's a new update to your TR!!
Not like I check every day for one:coffee:

But I know that's not how you operate -I will call you a skilled TR surgeon though!
You have to write, make sure it's got all you want to say and then FINALLY Post (thank goodness!)
That's why all you reports LIVE - because the doctor is in the house:cool1:

Also you keep us in suspense long enough for us to get our contest guesses in -thanks
I have to have patience - or is that BE a good patient...

So good you got through customs. Phew!! I understand the food choices as a parent. My daughter is a vegetarian. She can't decide on a choice & I'll tell to get both and I'll have what she doesn't like (as long as they're both something I'd like) I would have felt so bad if you slept on the floor that night - arrival of a cot. Hooray! Next AK !!

My guesses:

Kay is up @ 8:45 it's the first day! Things will change I'm sure

Ride: EE

Snack: Churro (this was my second thought we'll see if I'm right)

Last edited:

Always a Happy day when there's a new update to your TR!!

:goodvibes: Thanks!

Not like I check every day for one:coffee:

What???? And why not??? Hmmm???? Hmmmmmmmm??????

But I know that's not how you operate -I will call you a skilled TR surgeon though!
You have to write, make sure it's got all you want to say and then FINALLY Post (thank goodness!)

And why exactly did you capitalize "finally"????

WHAT EXACTLY ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY HERE????

That's why all you reports LIVE - because the doctor is in the house:cool1:

Well, there you go. Doctor's always keep you waiting.
It's a rule.
"Doctor, your first appointment is here."
"Good! Send 'em in in... oh... an hour and a half. Wake me just before that."

Also you keep us in suspense long enough for us to get our contest guesses in -thanks
I have to have patience - or is that BE a good patient...

You patient, me Doctor.
Sorry. Monty Python sketch broke out there.

So good you got through customs. Phew!!

I was really worried!
Such a relief when he stamped the passports.

I understand the food choices as a parent. My daughter is a vegetarian. She can't decide on a choice & I'll tell to get both and I'll have what she doesn't like (as long as they're both something I'd like)

I occasionaly wind up cooking two meals in our house.
Not always, but often enough.
What one rotten kid likes, the other doesn't... and vice versa.

I would have felt so bad if you slept on the floor that night - arrival of a cot. Hooray!

::yes:: And I'm sure my aching back would've told me
how much I would've missed it.

My guesses:

Kay is up @ 8:45 it's the first day! Things will change I'm sure

Ride: EE

Snack: Churro (this was my second thought we'll see if I'm right)

Noted. (What was your first? Just curious.)

And why exactly did you capitalize "finally"????
You are known for saying "working on update" "almost done" "will be posting soon" "tomorrow" etc... it's a marathon till.. Finally across the line
WHAT EXACTLY ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY HERE????

I occasionaly wind up cooking two meals in our house.
Not always, but often enough.
What one rotten kid likes, the other doesn't... and vice versa
Tell me about it! I had one vegetarian, teenage son and husband who had his own dislikes. Start planning meal with protein(meat) and figure basically what side dish/veggie she'd have but one son might like, then meat lover husband frown that it was chicken! You can't win...time to order pizza!

Noted. (What was your first? Just curious.)
Hoping it's not a pretzel : ( Thought you ate one and this snack was suppose to be new

Hope this works, first time trying to quote. Like I once said, I've lurked for years on the board (following Mickeystoontown) But your TR is the only one I have done any posts

Phew! Caught up on the shout-outs... and it only took three days!

Honestly, you guys are incredible.
Thank you so much for your comments.
I read each and every one and am giddy as a school girl when a new one pops in...
er... I mean I'm pleased in a manly, he-man, tough-guy kind of way.

Yeah... that's what I meant...

You're not buying it, are you.
how about we try this, just like in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade: Giddy as a school boy, better? yes?

wait a second, donnabeegood gets a point for carrol burnett reference? hhmmm knowing that grape nehi is radar's favorite drink and tying it into this tr should be worth a point or two right? :rolleyes: and I am pretty sure I know who gets to run back and forth for the refills, every sit back and try to pin point the exact time you became the family Sherpa? try as I might I just cannot figure out when that duty became mine. I usually get that duty, and on our last night there on the last trip I had to schlep back through a downpour. in lance's defense he was still in that space boot and the rain stopped until I was halfway back just before the bridge at cbr. :headache:
glad you are healing up tho
so will be waiting patiently for your next update oh wise and wonderful tr writer:worship::worship::worship: *too much?*

You are known for saying "working on update" "almost done" "will be posting soon" "tomorrow" etc... it's a marathon till.. Finally across the line

Ahhhh.... So you're saying I should just keep you guys in the dark...
and then WHAM!!! post an update.

Got it.

Tell me about it! I had one vegetarian, teenage son and husband who had his own dislikes. Start planning meal with protein(meat) and figure basically what side dish/veggie she'd have but one son might like, then meat lover husband frown that it was chicken! You can't win...time to order pizza!

I think you had/have it worse than me.
But yeah... Sometimes pizza is a Godsend.

Hoping it's not a pretzel : ( Thought you ate one and this snack was suppose to be new

Gotcha.

Hope this works, first time trying to quote. Like I once said, I've lurked for years on the board (following Mickeystoontown) But your TR is the only one I have done any posts

It is??? Wow! That's a real honour. I mean that.

how about we try this, just like in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade: Giddy as a school boy, better? yes?

Well, it's certainly better than the alternative!

nope and that was one of my favorite episodes

A few days ago, I just happened to stumble across
one of those Time-Life ads for the complete DVD set.
I never buy those, buy I did sit down on the couch and watch the ad.
Boy, if I was ever tempted...

wait a second, donnabeegood gets a point for carrol burnett reference? hhmmm knowing that grape nehi is radar's favorite drink and tying it into this tr should be worth a point or two right?

You may have received a point or two for that... :rolleyes1

and I am pretty sure I know who gets to run back and forth for the refills, every sit back and try to pin point the exact time you became the family Sherpa?

Oh, I know exactly when I became the family Sherpa.
It was the night (early morning actually) that Elle was born.
That sealed it.

I usually get that duty, and on our last night there on the last trip I had to schlep back through a downpour. in lance's defense he was still in that space boot and the rain stopped until I was halfway back just before the bridge at cbr. :headache:

Yeah, well, I can see that Lance's space boot would be a mitigating factor there.

glad you are healing up tho

Thanks! Still can't ride my bike (or even sit normally) but getting there... getting there...

so will be waiting patiently for your next update oh wise and wonderful tr writer:worship::worship::worship: *too much?*

Nope. You actually have to go pretty far before it gets too far. :rolleyes2

Last edited:
I have asked Lance if he wants those MASH dvd's but he always says no, we kind of like watching them on TV. we have a pretty cool channel here called METV, not sure if they have it all over US and Canada but we find it a fun channel with all the old shows, MASH, Carol Burnett, the old super hero stuff like superman wonderwoman, we always know we will find something fun to watch on that network when nothing else is on...
th

Last edited:
Um... what?! I thought I was!!! :confused3

Admittance to the harem is not automatic.
You have to meet some very stringent requirements.

1. Must be jaw droppingly beautiful.
2. Must be a mermaid.
3. Must be able to wear sea shells. (One piece bathing suit permissible upon request.)

So I already know you meet the first requirement, how about #2 and #3?

Going back to catch up but I made it to your deck story. Ouch!!! I sure hope you're feeling better. :hug:

I'll say yes. Still hurts to sit, but every day's a bit better.
I'm even feeling optimistic that if the weather holds,
I'll be able to get on the bike before the season ends.

More soon on the rest!

I await with bated breath!

I have asked Lance if he wants those MASH dvd's but he always says no, we kind of like watching them on TV. we have a pretty cool channel here called METV, not sure if they have it all over US and Canada but we find it a fun channel with all the old shows, MASH, Carol Burnett, the old super hero stuff like superman wonderwoman, we always know we will find something fun to watch on that network when nothing else is on...

No, we don't get METV, but we do get two episodes of MASH, twice a day.
Only problem is the commercials. Pretty sure they trim out about 5 minutes off each show.

Yay for making it through customs and catching your plane! The alternative would have made for a very lousy start to your vacation!

Oh how I was hoping the knock at your door was someone who was ready to sprinkle you & Kay with some pixie dust and fly you both over to the Grand Flo!:tink:.... but I guess a cot to sleep on was "almost" just as good.

Looking forward to reading about your AK day.

Bonus points round two.
Tomorrow, (actually... considering the time, it was today.)
we're off to AK.
1. I have to be up before 10:00 to call housekeeping,
but what time does Kay get up?

Kay wakes up when you "accidently" bump into her bed. ;) I'm going to guess that happened around 9:30

2. The first ride we do becomes one of Kay's favourite rides (top 4).
What ride is it?

My guess is Expedition Everest because it's one of my favourite rides.

3. What common snack do we both try for the first time?
(The hint there is it's not specific to AK, but widely available.)
Hmm, this is a hard one. I'm going to go with a Jalapeno Cheese Pretzel

Great shots of the lunar eclipse! I was bummed that I missed it.... it was too cloudy to see here in eastern PA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter