Can you use Disney Visa to pay dues that are late?

Thanks. I won't say "It could hardly be worse than 2016" and risk jinxing myself. But still......

For those keeping score, the answer posed in my thread title is "yes". :)

Oddly, they told me that I could not use Disney gift cards. Not sure if that was because I was past due on 2016, but I was under the impression that, generally, you could use Disney gift cards to pay your dues?
Here's to a better 2017 for everyone!

You can definitely use Disney GCs to pay your 2017 MFs online. And I know that I used Disney GCs to pay my 2016 MFs via phone last year. I don't know the exact reason why you were told that you cannot, but I do know that it's possible to do.

Here's to a better 2017 for everyone!

You can definitely use Disney GCs to pay your 2017 MFs online. And I know that I used Disney GCs to pay my 2016 MFs via phone last year. I don't know the exact reason why you were told that you cannot, but I do know that it's possible to do.

I am guessing it was because I was so behind, then. That, or the CM was just plain wrong.

I sure am glad I did not go out and buy a ton of GCs over the weekend at Sam's to get the 5% discount. I would have been bitter.

I am guessing it was because I was so behind, then. That, or the CM was just plain wrong.

I sure am glad I did not go out and buy a ton of GCs over the weekend at Sam's to get the 5% discount. I would have been bitter.

I'd bet that the CM was incorrect. Why wouldn't they take a Gift Card in that scenario when they take it in all the others? Weird.

I'd bet that the CM was incorrect. Why wouldn't they take a Gift Card in that scenario when they take it in all the others? Weird.

Well, it's done either way. I am off the naughty list.

I immediately tried to book an OKW or SS grand villa, or any 2-bdrm villa, for one night in late Feb., and......no availability. Had to waitlist.

Of course, I go to WDW.com and search for the same rooms, and I find plenty of availability for cash. >:(

Hello,
Is it better to pay dues with Gift Cards or Disney Visa? Will you get double points by using the Disney Visa? (Just have the regular, not the premier Visa.)
And if you pay with Gift Cards, how many will it allow you to use?
Thanks!

Hope you have a better 2017 OP!

Hello,
Is it better to pay dues with Gift Cards or Disney Visa? Will you get double points by using the Disney Visa? (Just have the regular, not the premier Visa.)
And if you pay with Gift Cards, how many will it allow you to use?
Thanks!

Hope you have a better 2017 OP!
BJ's has $100 gift cards for $94.99 and you don't have to be a member to order them. So that is about 5% off of your dues if you go that way. No limit on using gift cards that I found. I used a combination of my Disney Visa redemption rewards and gift cards to pay my dues.

BJ's has $100 gift cards for $94.99 and you don't have to be a member to order them. So that is about 5% off of your dues if you go that way. No limit on using gift cards that I found. I used a combination of my Disney Visa redemption rewards and gift cards to pay my dues.

Thanks! I don't know what BJ's is?

If I buy gift cards at my local grocery (GIANT EAGLE) I can earn fuel perks and get a free tank of gas.

I think there's a new rule that you can't pay with gift cards over the phone. (I think they got tired of taking dozens at a time.) You can pay with gift cards online. But it seemed that yours was a special case where they wouldn't let you pay online. Anyway, congrats on getting it done!

I pd Thursday with gift card over the phone. I combined them into one, closest to the amount I needed, I have 2 contracts. Then I paid most with gift card and rest with Disney visa x 2.

Oddly, they told me that I could not use Disney gift cards. Not sure if that was because I was past due on 2016, but I was under the impression that, generally, you could use Disney gift cards to pay your dues?
Yes, you can maintenance fees with gift cards (not sure if there are extenuating circumstances, such as maybe you can't pay late fees with them?)

There is a limit of using up to three gift cards to pay maintenance fees. If you have more than three gift cards you can register them online and combine them up to $1,000 per gift card.

Yes, you can maintenance fees with gift cards (not sure if there are extenuating circumstances, such as maybe you can't pay late fees with them?)

The CM didn't say why I couldn't use the gift cards, but I did indeed have late fees. I would bet you are right as to the reason.

The CM didn't say why I couldn't use the gift cards, but I did indeed have late fees. I would bet you are right as to the reason.
The reason is more likely that if they decide to foreclose, a partial payment on a gift card would not stop it, but fortunately in your case, they were not to that point.
By the way, congratulations on getting through the hard times!

The reason is more likely that if they decide to foreclose, a partial payment on a gift card would not stop it, but fortunately in your case, they were not to that point.
By the way, congratulations on getting through the hard times!

I'll never know how close I was to that point. And that's the way I want to keep it. Ignorance is bliss in this case.

Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter