Can you use Disney Rewards to pay for CRT?

tink2

DIS Veteran
My mother wants to give CRT as a gift to my daughter using her Disney rewards card. However, as I was looking up the price for breakfast- I noticed that there is no option for Disney Rewards. Has anyone been able to do this? I don’t want to get to that morning and it not work and lose the reservation.

TIA

There isn’t a spot for gift card- only credit/debit cards. I chatted with a cast member online and she didn’t know and told me to call dining. I called dining and that cast member honestly didn’t know- she said her screen is different from ours so..... yeah- no information from them. I’m going to go with the assumption that you can’t. I just don’t understand why you can use them online to pay for your room/package deposit. The dining cast member suggested I call to make the ADR the day of my 180 day window.... then she and I chuckled about the fact that their phone lines open up an hour after online reservations- and we are trying to get the pre park opening ADR so don’t want to wait that long.

I think at this point the safest thing to do is assume you can’t use it.

Is there a spot for a gift card? I'm 99% sure they're treated the same way.

Is your mother going to be with you? Or is she trying to prepay with her rewards card? I have used rewards cards before for meals & tips. There should be no problem paying with it at the time. You can use a rewards card at any Disney restaurant. Now if she's trying to pay for just your daughter's meal ahead of time, that might be a problem. Otherwise you would just tell the waiter that you're using a rewards card to pay. And then it does work just like a gift card.

No, she won't be with us and she wants to pay specifically for CRT- which has to be paid in full when you make the reservation..... and there is no option for gift card or rewards card at the payment prompt.

I just got off the phone with Disney Dining because I wanted to use some gift cards to prepay for CRT. The CM told me that CRT does not accept third-party payments (which includes Disney gift cards), and, therefore, the payment method used must have someone's name on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter