• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can you RESERVE Contemporary MK view in 2006?

NCombs

DIS Veteran
I was just looking at the rates at the Contemporary on the DIS site for 2006 and noticed a new category for the Tower rooms. There is now a rate listed for the Contemporary Tower Magic Kingdom view. It is $473.88 vs $434.85 for a Tower room.

So can you now specifically reserve the MK view at the Towers for 2006 and if I'm booked at the lower rate will I automatically get a Bay Lake view?

Has anyone heard anything about this and have any information?

Yes, you can! When my DU agent emailed me telling me she'd made my Jan 2006 package reservation, she said that you can now book MK view specifically. :banana:

in my opinion, another way for disney to get more $$$ for a room

was shocked when I seen rates.....so glad we went this year and got MK view when in tower.
I think it should be the same as it was in the past. if you get lucky, you get tower room and if not oh well, lagoon view is beautiful as well.

some people actually prefer it.

minijeanie said:
in my opinion, another way for disney to get more $$$ for a room

was shocked when I seen rates.....so glad we went this year and got MK view when in tower.
I think it should be the same as it was in the past. if you get lucky, you get tower room and if not oh well, lagoon view is beautiful as well.

some people actually prefer it.

Yes, I was surprised at the rate. I don't think I'm going to be willing to pay that price. I know the Bay Lake view is beautiful as well but now I'm re-thinking my Contemporary stay. We might just stay at the Poly the whole time instead of doing a split-stay or stay at BW so we can stay in the Epcot area.

I actually think it is a very good option. There are some that only want to spend the money on a tower room if they can guarantee the MK view. Since only about 1/2 the rooms have a MK view this is a good way to remedy that situation instead of having someone in the lobby *yelling* at a Cast Member because they are paying "good money" to stay here and they should be able to fact the Magic Kingdom if they want it...
I know that the CMs get frustrated with this, and now this is a way to guarantee you get the view you want. It's not that much more for the MK view than a bay view room.
(this is just my opinion, but I like that they have a dedicated view for it now.)

Sue Ellen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter