Can you get from The Studios to the Boardwalk?

gumdrop

<font color=FF66FF>Believes in Magic!<br><font col
Just wondering...I thought there may have been a ferry that goes back and forth between the two? I was thinking of heading right over to the Boardwalk after Fantasmic one night. Thanks for any responses!

There are the water taxis that go back and forth as well as a walking path...depending on the crowd (and where you are in it) it may be faster to walk.

Just keep in mind that if you are leaving a car at MGM you wo'nt have the boat to take you back afterwards.

Anne

It takes roughly 20 minutes to take the boat (after it has arrived) to the Boardwalk. It is a 7 minute ride to the Swan/Dolphin stop alone and there is also the Yacht/Beach Club stop after that. It would be faster to walk, since that only takes about 15 minutes at a slow pace. The boats leave for the last time about 30 minutes after the parks close. After that, you will be forced to walk. There are no busses from MGM or Epcot to the Boardwalk. If you go after Fantasmic on a night where the park closes right after it, you will have to walk back to your car. If you are taking the resort transportation around, you will have to go to Downtown Disney to get back to your hotel.

I agree that walking is usually quicker. Not only does the boat take a while because of the other stops, but if you have to wait for a boat, it can really take a while. But, if you're not in a rush, the boat is nice for a relaxing break.

If you do decide to take the boat, simply get off at the Swan and walk over to the BW--it's only a 2-3 minute walk.

Anne

Wow! Thanks for all the replies--I really appreciate the help! But now I have more questions...We won't have a car there--we will be using Disney bus transportation to MGM. So if we walk to the boardwalk, how would we get back to our resort since MGM is closed and we can't use the bus? Maybe this is more trouble than it's worth?

To get back to your resort, you will have to take a bus to Downtown Disney and then take a bus from there to your resort, unless you are staying at the Beach/Yacht clubs or the Swan/Dolphin. Then you can just walk. These run until 2 in the am so you will be fine getting back to your hotel. You could also take a taxi from the Boardwalk to your hotel ands that will run you about 15, depending on how much you tip and what resort you are staying at. It is a very cool place and would be worth the extra 1/2 hour busride home. Depending on what time you leave and what type of passes you have, you could also make a late night of it and go to Pleasure Island then too

Thanks, ktglads, for your reply! It may be a good idea just to make a late night of it and head over to PI afterwards--thanks for your help!

If you don't want to go to PI, my advice is to take a cab from the Boardwalk back to yuor resort. Expect to pay $10-$15, including a tip. Cabs are plentiful and much, much quicker than taking the bus to DD/PI and then transferring to the bus for your resort.

Enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter