Can you do this? Check in Related

peteykirch

DIS Veteran
So, I was looking at a certain group of dates for my trip, and it turns out if I leave a day earlier the price for my airline tickets drop immensely.

HOWEVER

The flight wouldn't have me landing until 11:59PM the day before I would have came in normally.

Example. I was looking Jan21st-Jan26th.

The flight would be Jan20th, and theoretically I would land on the 20th, but after ME it would be the 21st. I know the odds are I wouldn't be able to check in at roughly what? 1 in the morning on the 21st but it would save me $$$ since well I wouldn't have to add another day to stay, and it would actually give me the entire first day on property versus arriving Mid-Day.

Any thoughts?

So, I was looking at a certain group of dates for my trip, and it turns out if I leave a day earlier the price for my airline tickets drop immensely.

HOWEVER

The flight wouldn't have me landing until 11:59PM the day before I would have came in normally.

Example. I was looking Jan21st-Jan26th.

The flight would be Jan20th, and theoretically I would land on the 20th, but after ME it would be the 21st. I know the odds are I wouldn't be able to check in at roughly what? 1 in the morning on the 21st but it would save me $$$ since well I wouldn't have to add another day to stay, and it would actually give me the entire first day on property versus arriving Mid-Day.

Any thoughts?

The computer systems at Disney resorts do not switch to the following day right at midnight. The switch occurs around 6am, so you would need to book a room for the 20th and let them know that you won't arrive until very late. Also, if using ME and arriving after 10pm, you will need to collect your own bags at the airport and give them to the bus driver.

The computer systems at Disney resorts do not switch to the following day right at midnight. The switch occurs around 6am, so you would need to book a room for the 20th and let them know that you won't arrive until very late. Also, if using ME and arriving after 10pm, you will need to collect your own bags at the airport and give them to the bus driver.

Even if I'm renting from a DVC member?

The getting my own bags bit doesn't bother me.

You could also book a room at the airport hotel (hyatt I think) and then take ME early the next morning. Probably cheaper than booking another night.

Yes even if renting from DVC. In fact DVC generally have a higher occupancy rate and check in time is later (4 pm) than a non dvc resort.

On our first trip, airfare prices were much cheaper for us to fly in two nights before our resort stay, even taking into account two extra nights of hotel. We stayed at an inexpensive airport hotel those two nights, took the free shuttle back to the airport, and took ME to our Disney resort the morning our stay began.

I'd also recommend just getting a really cheap hotel room near the airport for the night you arrive.

Yes, even with DVC, you would have to book the 20th in order to get your room after midnight. Even though it's technically the 21st when you would arrive at the resort, for reservations it's still the 20th as far as the room goes, until 6:00 or 7:00 a.m. the next morning when the computers roll over. And as a pp mentioned, DVC rooms aren't usually ready until later in the day, so if you arrived at 1:00 a.m., you could possibly be waiting until 3:00 or 4:00 the next afternoon before you got your room.

Yes even if renting from DVC. In fact DVC generally have a higher occupancy rate and check in time is later (4 pm) than a non dvc resort.

Check in time is AFTER 4pm. It is not guranteed that you will be in a room at 4.

Denise in MI

When we have a late arrival we always go to a value the first night. I can usually get one under 100 for the night with whatever code is out there. It depends on how large the flight savings is, but if it's significant and has me already at Disney when I wake up we usually think it's the best plan!!:)

We were facing the same dilemma with our next trip. I was planning to stay at the hotel in the airport, eat breakfast the next morning, then travel the ME to WDW. The rates were pretty good and it was worth it to get a good night's rest.( I have since book other airline tickets and we get in earlier.)

I would do that or book a value for that night and then transfer to my preferred resort the next day.

One time I had a late arrival, I booked Pop for that night (arrived midnight) so I was on property. Then we got up first thing and headed to our resort- WL, early check in, and got to park for rope drop.

I haven't booked the Hyatt for an arrival, but we've booked it for the tail end, it's really nice. I'd probably do that, if you think you'll be tired upon arrival. It's right in the airport- easy, and the rooms are quiet.

We've also done a value the first night, and discount offsite places. Nowadays, I'm less keen on deep discount offsite places- ever since bedbugs have been coming around.

They can show up anywhere, but I feel reputable places would deal with the issue properly. (i.e. helping you)

If you pick a value or the Hyatt then you won't need a car. If you are getting a car, then you could pick almost any reliable chain hotel- maybe even one with free breakfast?

It's actually kind of fun to see differnet resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter