Can you actually skip the counter at Alamo or do you need to show your QR code?

helenk

I wish I was in Disney World
We did the online check in for our rental cars with Alamo. Can you actually skip going to the counter or do you need to show your safe travels QR code at the counter?

At National, we had to show our QR codes and the Safe Travels page with our info at the window. For your flight, car rental and hotel checkin have ALL of that and your vaccination cards handy.

That is a State mandate and every car rental agency and hotel will ask you to log into your account so that they can see it. It is supposed to be either show your QR code or a 2 week quarantine. We checked into our second hotel after 16 nights at Aulani and they asked to see it. I told them that we had already been here past the 2 week period and did not have to show the code anymore. it's like she did not understand what I was saying, even after I explained it. So yep, they will all ask to see it.

I understand we would have to show our Safe Travels and the QR code but I was not sure if I could do it as we check out at the kiosk as we leave or if you had to go to the counter. It seems as though we can still bypass the counter.

I understand we would have to show our Safe Travels and the QR code but I was not sure if I could do it as we check out at the kiosk as we leave or if you had to go to the counter. It seems as though we can still bypass the counter.

If you are renting from one of the rental companies at the airport, they do not have anyone manning any booths as you leave like they used to. There are no more booths there. You go to the counter, get everything situated, get your car and drive right out of the parking lot. I know Hertz did not have any kiosks going.

Inter
If you are renting from one of the rental companies at the airport, they do not have anyone manning any booths as you leave like they used to. There are no more booths there. You go to the counter, get everything situated, get your car and drive right out of the parking lot. I know Hertz did not have any kiosks going.
Interesting, Alamo lets you check in on line, I guess we will find out when we get there.

Inter

Interesting, Alamo lets you check in on line, I guess we will find out when we get there.

I can only go off of what our experience was. I am a member so they already had all of my info so I guess that was like online check in. But they shared a building with a couple other agencies and they were all the same, no kiosks and everyone had to go to the counter. Maybe things are changing and opening up but I don't see a way around having to show your QR code to someone.

We did Alamo at maui and Oahu this summer. Both times, we skipped the counter and went straight to the car. Someone outside checked my name of their list, did a quick QR code check and off we went. We did have to stop at the exit to show Id and credit card. Skip the counter worked for us.

We arrived in Honolulu today. I had done the online check for Alamo and we were able to skip the counter. As you go outside there is a person at the podium that checks your Hawaii Safe travels qr code and drivers license. Then once you have that all squared away you go out pick your car, as you exit there is a kiosk there where they check your drivers license and your credit card and off you go. I was very glad that we could use that option because we were on a bus load of people going to Alamo. Not the usual shuttle a regular bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter