Can I pay with Disney gift cards at BWPPI?

Been saving up the gift cards and seems like I read they accept them at BWPPI?

I don't see why they would be. BWPPI isn't owned by Disney. Disney gift cards are accepted only at Disney-owned places. If you want to stay at a DL hotel that accepts Disney gift cards, then you need to choose the Paradise Pier, Disneyland Hotel, or Grand Californian.

Couldn't you book it as a Good Neighbor Hotel package through a travel agent or the Walt Disney Travel Company and pay with a Disney Gift Card?

You could try, but probably not. In the past, when we tried to pay for DL tickets with Disney gift cards, Disney would only accept... I want to say... two or three per transaction.

So essentially, you could (possibly) use 3 for a total of $150, but no more than that.

You could try, but probably not. In the past, when we tried to pay for DL tickets with Disney gift cards, Disney would only accept... I want to say... two or three per transaction. So essentially, you could (possibly) use 3 for a total of $150, but no more than that.

If you buy gift cards from Disney, they can have a value of up to $500 each. You can use multiple cards per transaction at all locations that accept them.

You could try, but probably not. In the past, when we tried to pay for DL tickets with Disney gift cards, Disney would only accept... I want to say... two or three per transaction.

So essentially, you could (possibly) use 3 for a total of $150, but no more than that.

If you buy gift cards from Disney, they can have a value of up to $500 each. You can use multiple cards per transaction at all locations that accept them.

I paid for a room at GCH with a stack of $50 gift cards with no problem at all. The CM said a lot of people do that. This wouldn't work at BWPPI since it isn't Disney owned.

If you book a package through Disney and there's a problem with paying using too many gift cards, I think someone mentioned possibly being able to load them into a Disney vacation account and pay that way.

https://disneyvacationaccount.disney.go.com/

(I don't know if you can buy bigger Disney gift cards with smaller gift cards. If you can, that's probably what I'd do instead and pay for a package that way. Opening any sort of banking account with Disney just seems odd to me. Although I did get a Disney-branded Visa for a large gift card bonus, so I guess Disney and banking go together for me too.)

I have used $50 gift cards to pay for nights at DLH and the Grand. Also to buy a premium AP!!!! It does take a tad longer because they have to scan each one and a "receipt" comes out and then they re scan them....

I just finished (today) paying for our reservation at Fairfield inn package using all disney gift cards. No problems whatsoever. I booked the pkg thru Disney and was able to pay online using the "make a payment" link.

So if you book a good neighbor hotel pkg thru disney, you can pay with giftcards. HTH

photos_101 said:
I just finished (today) paying for our reservation at Fairfield inn package using all disney gift cards. No problems whatsoever. I booked the pkg thru Disney and was able to pay online using the "make a payment" link.

So if you book a good neighbor hotel pkg thru disney, you can pay with giftcards. HTH

Did they only allow a certain amount of Disney gift cards? Or what was your actual experience?

I used gift cards over the phone. First time 14 and the second I used 50. It took forever reading the card numbers but took them all!

I used gift cards over the phone. First time 14 and the second I used 50. It took forever reading the card numbers but took them all!

That’s wonderful to hear that they were able to take that many gift cards over the phone. We tried to use GCs over the phone for a stay at Paradise Pier Hotel. But they said their computer system was being updated and couldn’t accept them at the time, especially since it was pretty close to our check-in date. But we were still able to use them at the front desk of the PPH. It ended up being about 38 cards at that time. It took a little while, but went through just fine. We broke it up into two or three visits to the front desk throughout the stay to make it easier on the CMs and on ourselves.
We also went on a Disney Cruise with a somewhat large group where we used around 180 gift cards. Just over 20 of those were at guest services onboard. But the majority were submitted, tediously, through the Disney Cruise Line web site prior to sailing.
Currently, we’re experimenting with a Disney Vacation Account. In general, I don’t think the DVA is a particularly good deal. That is because it holds up your money for a potentially long time without earning interest. But if I’m going to end up locking up that money in 5%-off gift cards anyway, I might as well securely “store” those GCs in a DVA. The DVA can be used to give just one virtual gift card number for most, but not all, types of online and phone payments to Disney parks and affiliates. We’ve already used it to purchase tickets to Mickey’s Halloween Party. We’ll use it again to purchase park tickets at a later time. I don’t see why that wouldn’t work well for a vacation package with a Good Neighbor Hotel. If the overall math ends up being a savings with discounted Gift Cards, then I think its worth it to try this type of approach. Still, it would be a good idea to price it out both ways before committing a lot of money to gift card purchases.

That's cool if it's working now. When we tried to pay online and over the phone, we were told no. That was spring 2013, so I haven't bothered to try again since.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter