Can I make an ADR for more people than what I have on the Disney App?

mroulier

Earning My Ears
We have a friend who lives in FL and has an annual pass, and will join us in the parks one or two days. So can I make ADR's for for my group Plus 1? It's just the 2 of us then the friend, so only 3 people, not like...12!

I've frequently made ADRs for larger numbers than we have listed in MDE. Never had a problem.

I think because of the 60 + 10, it's easy to think ADRs are connected to your room reservation and are limited by the number of people on the room reservation.

They're not, though. Anybody can make an ADR for however many people will be eating the meal.

In fact, for only one more person, the three of you could simply show up for a 2-person ADR most places without an issue. Two are often seated at a table for four in our experience, and the weirdness of Disney tech makes it easier to get an ADR for 2 or 4 than for an odd number.

Try booking for 3 if you'd rather, but I truly don't think you need concern yourself about doing so.

In fact, for only one more person, the three of you could simply show up for a 2-person ADR most places without an issue. Two are often seated at a table for four in our experience, and the weirdness of Disney tech makes it easier to get an ADR for 2 or 4 than for an odd number.

Try booking for 3 if you'd rather, but I truly don't think you need concern yourself about doing so.

I don’t agree with this. We are usually a party of 2 & are often seated at a table for 2. It’s always better to make the ADR for the correct number of people. Both to avoid the extra guest getting turned away at popular places & to avoid a longer wait for a table. And depending on the popularity of the restaurant & reservation time, we sometimes get the “you can add 0 guests message”. Plus why make it harder on the restaurant staff trying to rearrange table assignments if you can avoid it.

When we last went to Disney with 2 other families, one person took the lead to make all of our ADR's. It has nothing to do with how many people are in your room (we had 3 separate rooms) their software isn't that sophisticated. I think it is best to make the ADR for the number of people you are expecting. Showing up with more then is on the reservation could be an issue at some restaurants. Showing up with LESS is not a problem. The no-show charge only applies if -0- show up to eat.

As I recall, the only time we had an issue was one night we were going to split up and eat at two different restaturants. The ADR system won't let you have multiple overlapping reservations which is actually a good thing in my view. People who aren't sure where they want to eat would reserve multiple ADR's making the availability less for everyone else. We had someone else in our party make that other ADR and had no issues doing that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter