Can I get the nice (non-itchy) Princess Gowns from DTD before I go?

AuntMinnie

Mouseketeer
I went to the Disney store in the mall today and they have some princess gowns (about $36) but the sleeves are really itchy/scrachy . I heard that the DTD stores have nicer ones (for about $50.) They are better quality, right? I rather spend a little extra and get something comfortable for them.

Is there a way I can get the princess dresses before I go?

I have saved change, rebates ect. and have the money for them, but if DH knew I was spending $100 on dress up he would have a heart attack. My girls play dress up every day and want to be Princess for Halloween, so I don't think it is that much of a waste, I know they will get great use out the dresses when we get home. I got some acessories on sale in that great sale at TDS last month so we only need dresses/gowns.

Does anyone know where I could call to order them?

Thanks so much!

AUNTMinnie,

I got my DD a Sleeping Beauty dress for $16 plus shipping on EBay. It is beautiful and not itchy.

If you run a search on Ebay for Princess costumes, you will find a compnay that sells all the Disney princess costumes at a "Buy it now" of $20 or your could bit starting at $16.

Hope this helps!

Ctag

I had the same problem once. I wanted the dresses that they sell in Tinkerbell's shop, etc because they are just a bit nicer than the ones the stores carry. I called 407-w-disney and explained to them that I wanted a dress shipped from there. After speaking to several people and being forwarded several times, they got me to someone and I got the dresses. I knew they were the ones I was looking for by the price. The CMs at Disney all seem very helpful. No matter where my phone call starts, I end up at the right person for what I need. Be aware, my daughter (spoiled, I guess) still says the gowns "itch her"!! Oh well. Now we try to make a trip down each fall for our yearly visit so that we can purchase our costumes there and save the "shipping". I explained to my husband that for the price of 7 nights in WDW, we save $12 in shipping.....HAHA!

WDW.mail.order@disneyworld.com
Email them with a VERY detailed description of what you want and where it is sold. Even better, include the price and the SKU number if you know it. They will track it down for you. They will respond with an item description, SKU number, price, and shipping info. It is the same as WDW pricing and they don't accept any coupons or discounts. I got a response on other stuff within 24 hours. You have lots of shipping options, but it's not cheap (anything less than 10 days costs $20 and up for shipping). There is also a phone number: 407-363-6200, by fax at 407-352-6369.
Good luck!

Originally posted by ctag
AUNTMinnie,

I got my DD a Sleeping Beauty dress for $16 plus shipping on EBay. It is beautiful and not itchy.

If you run a search on Ebay for Princess costumes, you will find a compnay that sells all the Disney princess costumes at a "Buy it now" of $20 or your could bit starting at $16.

Hope this helps!

Ctag

If I could find this it would be great. It's not that I want to spend the $100. The thing that makes TDS dresses itchy to my girls is the netting on the puffy sleves. I I could find w/o that sleve style it would be a great savings!

Originally posted by trracers
I had the same problem once. I wanted the dresses that they sell in Tinkerbell's shop, etc because they are just a bit nicer than the ones the stores carry. I called 407-w-disney and explained to them that I wanted a dress shipped from there. After speaking to several people and being forwarded several times, they got me to someone and I got the dresses. I knew they were the ones I was looking for by the price. The CMs at Disney all seem very helpful. No matter where my phone call starts, I end up at the right person for what I need. Be aware, my daughter (spoiled, I guess) still says the gowns "itch her"!!

Thanks for the tip, if no one has an exact store I can call I will go this route. I hope mine wont complain about the itchy, was it the sleves that bother her? or the whole dress? Mine somethimes complain when I first put on a tank top or dress that has embrodiary (sp) in the summer ( when they don't have an undershirt) when they first get dressed, but will usually forget about it after a minute.

Originally posted by BlueFairy
WDW.mail.order@disneyworld.com
Email them with a VERY detailed description of what you want and where it is sold. Even better, include the price and the SKU number if you know it. They will track it down for you. They will respond with an item description, SKU number, price, and shipping info. It is the same as WDW pricing and they don't accept any coupons or discounts. I got a response on other stuff within 24 hours. You have lots of shipping options, but it's not cheap (anything less than 10 days costs $20 and up for shipping).

I don't have a detailed description or price except for "non itch sleeves around $50" I don't need them until october, so I don't have to worry about express shipping, any reasonable shipping chare is a fare price for not getting into it with DH about what I want to buy and for how much!! Do you think I have enough info to go on?

I would definitely go with what you have and email them. For instance, Snow White child's dress from Downtown Disney maketplace, around $50, without itchy sleeves. They will send you what they can find out, and I'm sure answer questions about the product. The worst thing that can happen is that they won't find it, but its worth a try.

Do they sell any really nice dresses in small sizes...say 18mos or so? I'm debating between trying to make something and looking for one I can buy. I hear a lot about the princess dresses from Disney being so beautiful...I'd love to have something like that for DD, but I imagine they may not come in such small sizes?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter