can i change my sales manager?

louisaho

DIS Veteran
i am having some problem with my sales manager, it've been a month, and he only replied to my call once, and he never reply email...
and the only time he called back, he is not too helpful at all, i asked him to send us a contract, he said it is on the way, but it've been a month...

Oh my, this isn't good at all. Of course you can change your SM but I'm not sure how you'd go about this. I'd ring up the DFTW and tell them that you wish to talk to someone in charge, but that's just me. There's probably a more official/calmer way of going about it but I tend to jump in with both feet :rolleyes:

Good Luck and let us know how you get on.

Generally things do appear to take a long time to get done on the Disney end when it comes to contracts, bills, returned calls etc. This can be frustrating for those of us who are very detail oriented. However, I did find that things do get done on the Disney end! We didn't hear a thing about our contract until about a month after it was supposed to have arrived -- and our final bill didn't arrive until about 3 weeks before the wedding (final payment according to Disney is due 30days in advance). I wouldn't panic too much -- also you didn't mention when your wedding date will be. As long as you still have a few months to go, I wouldn't worry - everything will be fine. Switching sales managers is possible, however, if you're 8 months out and about to sign your contract, you generally won't be dealing with him/her anylonger anyway, so switching may in fact complicate your wedding plans. I would find out the name of your EM and have them (or more likely their assistant) track down any paperwork that you are missing. Also, just a heads-up -- after you sign the contract, as long as everything is in order, don't expect to hear much from Disney until you get your final bill (within 3-4 weeks before the wedding). I found that FTW takes so much of the footwork out of planning the wedding that I was almost paranoid at times about the details. In the end, all of my requests were noted, I double checked everything with my EM's assistant before sending payment and everything was perfect.

Don't worry -
Marne

my wedding date is dec 23 2004, i know it is far... but most of the guests come from oversea, hong kong, australia, and they really want to book in advance... so far, i ahve not yet recieve anything from my sales manager, not even the fairy tale wedding video tape... which i asked last month... not even a paper...
basically i just recieved 2 phone calls, NO email... nothing... bascially...
i really want to plan things ahead, at least i want to know what is the price for the hotel.... and i want to sign that contract so i can tell everyone that my wedding date will be dec 23 2004, the bussiest season...

Unfortunately, Disney really won't "Plan" anything for you other than your tentative date until 8 months prior to your wedding when contract time comes. They can't set anything in stone until you sign the contract, and they won't send you the contract until a minimum of 8 months before the wedding (we got ours 7 months prior - they were behind). Once you sign the contract and give them the $1000 deposit, you will actually start to plan your wedding, right now you just have a hold on a time slot - until then I'd recommend that you visit the disneymooner website. It is a site specifically for Disney brides and has a lot of great information.
Fortunately, as a part of your contract (if you have a custom wedding), you will be able to set aside rooms at the resort(s) of your choice at a reduced rate. All of your guests will be sent information regarding the special room rates and how to book as well as reduced ticket rates along with your "save the date" information -- this is sent after you sign the contract, as the room guarantee is part of the contract (so they will not be available to your guests before that time). Also, your guests have to call a special number to book these rooms, not the regular reservations line. Your guests can start to plan their airfare and what they'd like to do at the parks well ahead of time. Just have them let you know their lengths of stay so you will know how many room nights to block off as a part of your contract, then they can call to make room arrangements later on.

Marne
06-16-03
WP/LS

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter