~~Can anyone please confirm this Deb Wills e-mail about Roy Disney & 12/01/02?

RaySharpton

Retired and going to Disney.
Roy Disney will narrate the Candlelight Processional on November 29, 30 and December 1. Other rumored narrators for this year include: Scott Hamilton, Marlee Matlin, Peter MacNicol, Yolanda Adams, David Hartman, Gary Sinise, and Jodi Benson.
There will be no 5 p.m. Candlelight Processional on Sunday, December 1, and no dinner packages offered on that day. There will be no dinner packages for the 5 p.m. show on December 2 either.

If this is true I want to do this now.

Sunday, December 1, 2002.

RaySharpton :)

I had read about 3 weeks ago a press release that Roy Disney was the narrator for that weekend - BUT I can't remember exactly where I read it (sorry - no link). :rolleyes:

Why don't you send Deb an email to see where she got the info on Roy being the narrator (to confirm for yourself) and plan to be there then.

I believe the first report was from wdwmagic.com and then there was one other report from another website - can't remember the name - but it's one that is maintained in the UK. I think you can count on this as legit.

I was wondering the same thing. Someone else also mentioned that Dec 1 was community night so that is probably why there won't be any dinner packages

following up on this....this rumor first appeared on the 'news & rumors' board maybe a month + 1/2 to 2 months ago.....I called WDW to book Dec.1 CP dinner package....and was told there 'was no CP' that night! :confused:....I find that a *tad* hard to believe.....

As of this morning I was told by CRO that no "CP dinner packages" were available for Sunday Dec. 1, and that Monday's CP was "sign language" only. CP dinner packages were available, however, for Saturday Nov. 30.

Well plutospup, that would lead me to believe that Dec 2nd's narrator is Marlee Matlin.:D

roelongo is correct about Dec 1 being community night. I think Deb Wills did write about that in her report on 2001 CP

All Community Night means is that you can't buy a dinner package. You can still go and watch Roy Disney if you want, you just don't get into the preferred seating area right away.

If Marlee Matlin is the narrator (via sign language), I do believe there is someone who still READS the Christmas story! At least, I hope so - as that's when I'm going.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!