Can Adults share meals on the dining plan?

Tink&Belle's Mom

Mouseketeer
My parents are traveling with us in September and of course we are all on the free dining plan. Both are diabetic, and there is no way they should, or even could for that matter, eat all the food offered at either a TS or CS meal. Will they be allowed to share a meal for one credit at non-buffet places?

Very likely. The enforcement that has gotten in the way of some folks' efforts to share has been directed towards two common violations of the plan's rules: Sharing the plan with guests who are not on the plan, and paying for child's meals in cash to as to exploit the fact that the usage of child meal entitlements for child meals is "on your honor". If you're four adults on the Dining Plan, you'll have 4A on your room keys, and so you will likely be able to order three adult meals if you wish.

There have been rumors that one way Disney might try to enforce the rules of the plan would be to require everyone at a table where the Dining Plan is being use to order a meal, but I just don't think Disney is going to impose that. There are ways that are not much more complex that they can enforce the rules, without so adversely affecting so many non-violating guests (such as requiring that whenever the Dining Plan that has child credits associated with it is used, every child present must get a child meal [even if they're not hungry] -- that adversely affect so many fewer non-violating guests).

Tink&Belle's Mom said:
My parents are traveling with us in September and of course we are all on the free dining plan. Both are diabetic, and there is no way they should, or even could for that matter, eat all the food offered at either a TS or CS meal. Will they be allowed to share a meal for one credit at non-buffet places?

Simple answer, Yes they can. Enjoy. :thumbsup2

My VERY limited expereince is that it can vary with the restaurant. I would just ask the server BEFORE you order if it is possible to split an entree. You might also mention the diabetes. Sometimes there is an extra "plating" charge of a couple of dollars.

We've always been able to share meals with or without the dining plan. I can't imagine this is going to be a problem.

I can't imagine this is going to be a problem.
It was a big surprise for members affected by these restrictions. Hopefully, Disney will soon come up with better ways of enforcing things than what would tend to appear to be random and capricious enforcement.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter