Calling all Chicago DISers #3

I hope Bunchkin comes back because we lost touch on FB! :worried::worried::worried:

Seeing that it has been almost a few years since we spoke, I never actually thought I'd have to state the obvious. But since you brought it up here, of all places, I will. We didn't lose touch. I unfriended you on FB. If you were concerned about it you should have called me years ago. And that's all I have to say about it.

Absolutely no surprise John and Carol are cruising. :)

Mac do you drive down now that you're in GA? :car:

We are going for Christmas. We do love that time of year, but it is also the only time everyone is free. So hard to plan vacations now that the kids are getting older.

Absolutely no surprise John and Carol are cruising. :)

It's been a long dry stretch. ;). We haven't cruised since early October and since then, we've each had to go in for surgery, my cancer diagnosis was upgraded from stage 1 to stage 4, my Myasthenia Gravis has been flaring up and I moved into a new job within my company.

Whew! WE need a vacation!

Sadly, for me, the nickel and dimeing at WDW has caused it to lose it's allure. When Eisner was CEO, he tried hard to maintain a balance between providing value, and a great experience to the guests, while still providing a good return to the investors. I remember when Alien Encounter was ready for soft openings and Eisner took his son to experience it and ended up making the imagineers redo it because he felt the experience wasn't good enough and wouldn't provide the guests with a quality experience. Unfortunately, many guests (Many of my fellow DIS'ers) got on a bandwagon to have Eisner fired, feeling he had sold out to the investors. Now, Iger is in control, and he has truly not only sold out to investors, he's decided it's *only* about the investors. The guests don't matter in his eyes, they're nothing but cash mules to deliver cash to his parks. If he can sell you the same thing twice, he's going for it. I just don't feel valued in the parks anymore.

Fortunately, the Cruise Line hasn't really seen any major changes yet. Yes, they're a higher priced cruise line, but it's always been that way. But, we are starting to see new activities appearing on the cruise line that you do have to pay extra for. So far, it's new stuff that isn't really impacting the normal guests, so I'm OK with that. But I worry that it won't be long before Iger will feel his work destroying the Parks experience is done and turn his attention to the Cruise Line.

We are December for 10 days and then the DCL and then back to WDW for a few days, we are looking forward to the much cooler weather (we hope) than this October gave us!

We are December for 10 days and then the DCL and then back to WDW for a few days, we are looking forward to the much cooler weather (we hope) than this October gave us!

Our trips in December have been quite pleasant, especially when coming from Chicago. We usually pack at least 2 pairs of pants, 2 long sleeve shirts and a hoodie or two for everyone along with the usual shorts and t-shirts. Most days we don't need the pants or long sleeve shirts, but it's good to have them just in case.

We are hoping for cooler weather in a few weeks as well. We've never been to WDW when it was "comfortable". In the past, we tried October and November, and both were HOTTT! So, we are hoping for 70s. With the crazy weather patterns these days though, we won't know til we get there!

Our trips in December have been quite pleasant, especially when coming from Chicago. We usually pack at least 2 pairs of pants, 2 long sleeve shirts and a hoodie or two for everyone along with the usual shorts and t-shirts. Most days we don't need the pants or long sleeve shirts, but it's good to have them just in case.

This is about what we needed when we went before, one time it was just shorts and a sweatshirt for the evening hours. We have to be very careful about what we pack and be weather pros, because after the trip, we fly straight to Mexico and the weather there is very up and down! LOL

i noticed the weather wil have some chilly days when i am there.

boo hoo......

the last day or 2 it could be up to 70 from what i have read on weather apps.

hope they are wrong!

The snow is back! Blahhhh!!! I must say that when the big, fat flakes fall I do love it but once it starts sticking, I just want it to go away! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter