Calling all Chicago DISers #3

Time has really flown 7 years? Really? Life has been so crazy. Mr A is going to be a senior in college. i'm still not sure how that happened. So how has every one been?

So how has every one been?

Carol and I are good. I made a quick lane change in my career about 4 years back and moved from the corporate side to the sales now. I'm now a presales architect that spends all my time in front of people doing what I used to do helping them put together solutions to keep their corporate data and networks safe. It's amazing how much stress melted off when I made that switch. This is just a much more comfortable environment for me. :)

Carol is now retired from the work force and spends most of her time babysitting our two grandchildren. Of course, she's finding it's a vastly different experience from raising her own children on so many levels. She loves it to pieces and wouldn't change it.

Many of us here are still in touch. We're all just over on FB, so it doesn't seem like 7 years. If someone had asked me when Bunchie moved, I probably would have guessed 4-5 years ago. Time does fly.

Carol and I are good. I made a quick lane change in my career about 4 years back and moved from the corporate side to the sales now. I'm now a presales architect that spends all my time in front of people doing what I used to do helping them put together solutions to keep their corporate data and networks safe. It's amazing how much stress melted off when I made that switch. This is just a much more comfortable environment for me. :)

Carol is now retired from the work force and spends most of her time babysitting our two grandchildren. Of course, she's finding it's a vastly different experience from raising her own children on so many levels. She loves it to pieces and wouldn't change it.

Many of us here are still in touch. We're all just over on FB, so it doesn't seem like 7 years. If someone had asked me when Bunchie moved, I probably would have guessed 4-5 years ago. Time does fly.

I am glad you found a job that removed a lot of the job stress, congrats to you. Yeah for Carol for being able to spend valuable time with the grandchildren. Maybe one day I'll be so lucky. I would like Mr A to finish college and be established in his field of choice:rolleyes: first. I have remarried to a really nice guy with 2 grown kids.

I would like Mr A to finish college and be established in his field of choice:rolleyes: first.

What is he looking to do? If he hasn't decided and has an interest in it, he should consider information security. There is a massive vacuum of talent out there right now. There are thousands of open positions in the Chicago market alone, and I've heard predictions upwards of 100,000 short of needed InfoSec professionals by 2020. It's just insane. I have to fend off the head hunters with a fly swatter. The problem is, 10 years back, as companies started to offshore, they eliminated the young talent pool in America that should have eventually developed into the pool available for pulling talent to develop into InfoSec. Now, they're paying the price for that decision.

I have remarried to a really nice guy with 2 grown kids.

Congratulations!!! :)

What is he looking to do? If he hasn't decided and has an interest in it, he should consider information security. There is a massive vacuum of talent out there right now. There are thousands of open positions in the Chicago market alone, and I've heard predictions upwards of 100,000 short of needed InfoSec professionals by 2020. It's just insane. I have to fend off the head hunters with a fly swatter. The problem is, 10 years back, as companies started to offshore, they eliminated the young talent pool in America that should have eventually developed into the pool available for pulling talent to develop into InfoSec. Now, they're paying the price for that decision.

His major is Criminal Justice and minoring in Chinese. He loves his languages, he is almost fluent in Spanish. He has started taking Arabic. Me I still struggle with English :)

Blaaahhh I complain about the cold and then seriously melt in the Dells this past weekend and am now enjoying this front that came in this week. I need Tuesday's weather all day and every day!

As far as Portillo's, my daughter and I split a Chopped Salad and a Beef (extra dipped)! It's my favorite thing in the world! LOL

I suspected as much. :sad2: Y'all need to get your act together and do something about that.:thumbsup2

now that i moved out of chicgaoland, a meet is being discussed......
i was up there for 5 days in early June and the weather was much cooler which reminded me why i moved in the first place.

Time has really flown 7 years? Really? Life has been so crazy. Mr A is going to be a senior in college. i'm still not sure how that happened. So how has every one been?

Yes, it's been 7 years. I can't believe it myself at times. I'm glad you're happy Janice. Did your hubby move into your place in C.S. or did you all move to a new place?

John- I'm glad your new position is less stressful for you. I didn't know that Carol retired. That's awesome that she gets to spend time with the grandchildren.

now that i moved out of chicgaoland, a meet is being discussed......
i was up there for 5 days in early June and the weather was much cooler which reminded me why i moved in the first place.

Where did you move to?
I don't think there is an actual meet being planned, but I do like to instigate things!! :magnify::P

i moved to Georgia before christmas time last year.

we had thought about the Carolinas or Tennessee but found Georgia was better for us.

with the down time of getting to the airport and being at the airport hours before the flight is to leave, could be shorter for me to drive to orlando i found out.
but, i had already booked my flights in january for june to chgo and the sept flight to orlando this year before i realized driving was an option for me.

i didn't know hersey moved!

Mac I am glad you got away from our winters.
I am in the same old house. We have remodeled some to make it more ours than mine. Maybe someday we will sell and get something new.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter