• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Cabana Bay Tower or Courtyard??

Dawnblade

Earning My Ears
We are booking a room at Cabana Bay. Does anyone know the difference between the "four" different types of rooms offered?
My choices are:
Tower Family Suite
Courtyard Family Suite
Tower Family Suite Poolside
Courtyard Family Suite Poolside

The Tower and Courtyard family suites are the same price.
The Courtyard Poolside is about $40 more.
The Tower Poolside is about $80 more.

Thanks in advance for your help!
:confused3

We are booking a room at Cabana Bay. Does anyone know the difference between the "four" different types of rooms offered?
My choices are:
Tower Family Suite
Courtyard Family Suite
Tower Family Suite Poolside
Courtyard Family Suite Poolside

The Tower and Courtyard family suites are the same price.
The Courtyard Poolside is about $40 more.
The Tower Poolside is about $80 more.

Thanks in advance for your help!
:confused3

I believe that Courtyard is the section that exists now and tower is the section still being built.

Courtyard Poolview would be around the pool with the slide where just Courtyard would be all those rooms in the current building not facing the pool.

Tower Poolview would be around the lazy river where just Tower would be all those rooms not facing the lazy river.

CabanaBayModel.jpg

THe rooms to the right are the courtyard rooms and the rooms to the left are the Tower rooms. You can see the height differences in the two sections.

THANKS!
That's a GREAT visual!!! Do you think either section is "better"?? Closer to food court/activities/bus stop? Or do you think it's pretty much all the same!?!?

It's really tough to tell since the Tower section is still in progress. I think the Tower rooms will be a longer walk if you are going to be walking to the parks, but other than that, things seem pretty equidistant.

I also think that the Courtyard rooms have exterior hallways and doors where the Tower rooms will have interior hallways and doors making the Courtyard more like a motel and the Tower more like a hotel.

I think about 1/2? or so of the Tower rooms, are regular hotel rooms, and not suites.

I am torn about which to choose. I thought we would walk to the parks, so courtyard would be better, but now I worry that it may be too far for us (I have to push an adult in a WC). I am not sure how much we would use the lazy river, either.

Either way, I am picking poolside.

Having been there and stayed already, I'm gonna have to say that I think the "distance" part of the equation really doesn't factor in. As you can see from the model above, there is a central part of the resort -- that is where food court is located, Starbucks, bus pick-up, bowling alley, fitness center, front desk... well, everything that is not rooms or laundry, basically.

Whether you are going to take the bus or whether you are going to walk,

-- I will stop here and say that our family of five walked it one time, and in many places there were not even sidewalks yet, so I can't picture doing this with a wheelchair yet at all! --

Anyway, you will be walking from your building to that central hub area, either to get on the bus OR to walk down the driveway and out of the place.

My only other two cents at this point is that we paid a little extra for the poolside, and I DO feel it was worth every penny. We very much had that "resort" feeling, whereas I feel like if our view was out toward the parking lot, it would have felt more just like another motel.

Hello --

I appreciate everyone's thoughtful comments above which I found very helpful. It's been a few weeks; does anyone have anything else to add? I'm leaning toward the Tower family suite because I like a good lazy river ride.

Thanks!

I had a stay there is a family suite (1/2) resort finished. It was in the Thunderbird bldg. Unless they decide to get bellhop services or you have your own car - i would make sure i was as close as possible to the lobby.

The tower buildings have all interior corridors, correct? and they connect to the lobby building/restaurants, right? TIA :)

so, if you want to be close to the lobby area, what do you request?? Would you think Tower?

We stayed in the continental tower for a couple of non park days. I think we stayed in 603. Parked right in front of the door to the elevator and the room was only a couple down from the elevator that took us to the food court.

Stayed in the Americana by the lazy river. Lots of parking, close to bus and not to far from food, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter