BWI picks of open daybed?

robinsegg

DIS Veteran
Hi!
Considering staying at BWI next year with dh & I, along with dd13, ds11, dd4, baby1

Does anyone have a picture of the daybed opened up? I have only found pics of it closed.

Thanks in advance!

I thought I might offer my experience just in case noone has a picture of the daybed.

We stayed at the Yacht Club last year, and the daybeds don't actually "open up". You just remove the cushions from the back of the sofa and the bottom cushion is flat and all one piece, so that is what you put the sheets/blankets on. My 3yo daughter slept very well on it.

I could be wrong, but in the pictures that I have seen of the Boardwalk rooms, the sofa/daybed is possibly the same. Hope this helps!

Thanks so much! That makes sense, but I've never really seen the way it was set up :) We would be looking to put our then-4yo on this, so it looks like it would probably work.
I thought I might offer my experience just in case noone has a picture of the daybed.

We stayed at the Yacht Club last year, and the daybeds don't actually "open up". You just remove the cushions from the back of the sofa and the bottom cushion is flat and all one piece, so that is what you put the sheets/blankets on. My 3yo daughter slept very well on it.

I could be wrong, but in the pictures that I have seen of the Boardwalk rooms, the sofa/daybed is possibly the same. Hope this helps!

I would love to see a pic of the bed made up for sleep. I slept on the day bed at the Contemporary (I'm 5'6") and it was fine, which surprised me.

Three sisters are going to the BWI this May, and I would love to get an idea of how that day bed appears compared to the one at The Contemporary.

Anyone have any pics?

The sleep surface of the daybed is against the wall when in the sofa position. It is very easy to pull on the strap on the top of the sofa back and flip the sleep surface down. It is nearly the size of a twin bed and pretty comfy. I don't have a photo of the complete bed but this gives you an idea.

bwidaybed.jpg

Great picture. Do you know if the cushion to sleep on for the daybed is open on the bottom? I would like to slip a guardrail on the cushion.

Can anyone give me an opinion if a standard room at the Yacht Club is large enough for 3 adults, a 4 year old and 14 month old? We are not large people. We were thinking that a standard room at Animal Kingdom would be too small.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter