But We Haven't Lost Last Years Weight Yet! COMPLETED PAGE 32!

Thank you for finishing up your reviews!!! I've really enjoyed reading your thread and looking at all the great photos you took, although I don't understand how you can eat all of that food!:rotfl: Glad you enjoyed the cruise as well as WDW!!!:goodvibes

Hi, I'm also a disney foodie from Norwich too!

Great reviews, I think we're going to try Kona for brekkie when we go again at the end of the month, based on your review (and pics!), those pancakes look lush!

Down the street?! Oh my goodness and you didn't even know?! :rotfl: And there's me and Tonmy have to drive 3 hours for our nearest!!

Hold the phone!! There is a Tony Roma's over here in the UK. Details, Details, Details PLEASE!!

Ok, now for the rest of it. This review is awesome. I love how you have included reviews for, shock horror, off site restaurants!! Us UK dissers really do appreciate them.

I actually haven't finished reading the reviews yet so I will probably be back to post more later!!

Just read all of your reviews in one sitting. They were great! Thanks for taking the time to write them. I definitely want to try kona for breakfast now!

Thank you - loved the reviews! We just got back on Saturday from 7 nights on the Magic and I have to concur on Palo - we did brunch on Key West day and dinner on the second at sea day - simply divine! Our Palo waiter (we had him for both meals) was superb and when we couldn't decide between dishes he offered to bring a sample of one so we could try them both. How can you not love that?? Our servers in the main dining room were also great - we had 4 kids 8 and under in our party and they could not have been better with them, and with us, including those confounded puzzles!

I did 4 nights on the Wonder in May, and just completed 7 on the Magic - the menus were very similar (I ordered many of the same dishes, and was happy to try different ones in other cases) and I have to say my overall food experience was much better this time.

I had wanted to get a taco (I love tacos!) on the ship, but I was never hungry at the right time! In fact, I was never hungry for dinner at all! Didn't stop me from eating it though! I would have loved to make that midnight dessert buffet too, but with the little ones we just couldn't swing it. All good reasons to go again!

Thanks again - can't wait till your next trip!

For reccomended meals in NY-- you absolutely HAVE to go to Ruby Foo's! It's one of our favorites! It's just north of Times Square/all the theaters (I believe 52nd or 54th street), and serves the best Asian Fusion I have ever had. If you liked Nine Dragons, you will love this place-- I order their chicken lettuce wraps, which technically is an appetizer, but it's definitely enough for one as an entree. I don't know if this applies to you, if it's just going to be you and your husband, but they're famous for their "dim sum"-- they encourage your entire party to order just appetizers and share them! Each table has a lazy susan in the middle to encourage sharing. So fun!
Also, if you like barbeque, go to Virgil's. It's right in the middle of the theater district and has the best CORN BREAD I have ever had. Anyone who says you can't get good food in Times Square is crazy. In fact, the center of the city is one of my favorite places to dine!

It's been 20 years since I've been to NYC, but Carnegie (spelling is wrong I'm sure) had the best snadwiches and cheesecake!

Were hoping to be in WDW 5-12th Dec with the wedding on the 9th, were not getting married at the wedding pavillion though, weve picked the Yacht Club Gazebo - so you can come and stalk us there :lmao:

Weve booked a 4 day cruise leaving on the 12th Dec and then planning a few more days in WDW once we get back :goodvibes

Wow! That sounds superb!! Well we should definitley be there on the 17th, so I am going to put your dates on my itinery cards (is it too early to start them yet?!!) and come stalking!!

YUM! We do the Earl sandwiches for our plane trip home too. They are so good, and it lets Disney linger a little longer.

Yey! Great minds think alike! I felt so smug unwrapping them!!

Found the recipe for Magic Slice,

It is a New Zealand recipe but all items can be found in the UK.

I use rich tea biscuits, now obviously this isn't the Magic cookie bar thing from WDW but it is very very yummy.

Ingredients

1 ½ cups crushed plain sweet biscuits 75 g butter, melted
1 cup Nestlé Milk Choc Bits
1 cup raisins
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 cup flaked almonds
395 g can Nestlé Sweetened Condensed Milk

Method

Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line an 18cm x 28cm tray. Make sure you don’t use a larger tray than this as your base would then be too thin.

Combine the crushed biscuits and melted butter. Press in the base of the tray, like you would making a cheesecake.

Now make layers on this base, using all the ingredients and spreading it evenly, starting with the CHOC BITS, followed by the RAISINS, next the COCONUT and finally the ALMONDS.
Lastly, pour the CONDENSED MILK evenly over the top.

Bake for 25 to 30 mins or until the top is golden brown and the centre is firm. Allow to cool in pan before inverting to a chopping board and cutting it into slices. Finger licking good!

Kirsten

Ohh brilliant, thanks so much!

I can't believe I missed so many good pictures. I am drooling over these pics.

Hello!!:goodvibes

Fantastic, absoulutely fantastic. You had me LOL a lot!!! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the kind words!

Is it wrong that I am completely craving an ice cream sundae right now????

Its 10pm here, and I could eat one!!:thumbsup2

Just finished the rest of the report and now I am STARVING. After looking at the nine dragons post, I want chinese for dinner. As soon as I post, I am going to scope out the freezer and pantry to see what I can throw together!

I do hope you review the food on the cruise! I would love to surprise the kids with a Disney cruise next year!

Oh wow, your children would love that! The food was great, I really recommend the whole cruise experience!

Thank you very much for your wonderful report. I will be keeping an eye out for your next trip. Say thanks to Tony too, you are such an adorable couple.

Thanks for the lovely words! I will say hi to Tony - he has been a bit of a Dis slacker!!!!:rotfl2:

Really great pictures and reviews.

I was glad to hear you liked 9 Dragons. I was beginning to think I was the only one that had a really great meal there. Next time I recommend the banana cheesecake egg rolls - they are gooey, warm cheesecake wrapped in a crispy sweet wrapper drizzled with caramel.

Oh thanks! I really want to go there again next year, so will definitley try them! I know what you mean - I never see any good reviews of it either! I can't say enough good things about the food or service!

Don't know if they have them where you are but here they sell Colgate Wisps. They are little disposable toothbrush-like things and they are great to have around for those in-between brushes. You can get them at any drug store in the toothpaste aisle. No more lingering chili dog, lol!!!!!

Love all your reviews!!! Having that next trip on the horizon to plan makes life much easier to deal with, don't you think??

It does!! I don't mind how far away it is, at least I know its coming! And planning is half the fun for me!!

Thanks for the colgate tip! Will look for some of them next time! The chilli was a bit much the next morning - I felt sorry for Customs having to speak to us!!!!:rotfl2:

Thank you so much for all the reviews. I have enjoyed your trip and love all the pics. I also copied the rissoto recipe - thanks for posting. I still can't believe you and Tony can put away all that food! :worship:

Thanks for the nice comments!! Enjoy the risotto! :thumbsup2

Awesome reviews!! I still don't know where you manage to put all that food!!! If I ate all that, I'd be 300 lbs!
I will keep an eye out for your next review - they are so much fun to read!
We have a 5 night WDW and 3 night cruise in Dec. Problem is there's just not enough time to eat at all the great places you have mentioned!!

Oh have a great stay! Is it your first cruise?! I know how you feel about not having enough time to try everything! Our WDW section next year will "only" be 12 days, and I'm already panicked about where to go!!

I've loved reading all of your reviews. Thanks for sharing with us. I guess I have one final question. Did you happen to notice if they offered both soft and hard shell tacos or just hard? I had no idea they had tacos on board I know what I'll be having for lunch. :thumbsup2

I only noticed hard tacos . . . hopefully they will have re-stocked since I was on board!!!:rotfl2: Have a great cruise!!

Great reviews, thanks for sharing! :)

Thanks!!:thumbsup2

Thank you for your fab reviews. That dessert buffet looks fantastic!

It was pretty good! Just wish I had have been able to do it more damage!!:rotfl2:

Loved reading your Food Report!! You will LOVE Serendipity 3 in NYC I was there for a weekend and ate there twice...3 words to remember at Serendipity FROZEN HOT CHOCOLATE!!!! :goodvibes

Ohh I will remember that!! Thanks!

As always, fabulous food reviews! Cruises are like that, I always think I've taken more pictures than I have. You were just too busy enjoying all the yummyliciousness!

Thank you so much for posting this fantastic report!

Maria :upsidedow

Thanks for the nice comments!

Enjoying your update...love the pictures.

Cheers!:goodvibes

Sonya ~ Thanks for your great reviews :). I especially loved the cruise pictures. I agree with you, everything on the cruise was DELICIOUS!! We also did both brunch and dinner at Palo, so worth the little extra cost. Jake's friend Johnny told me that dinner at Palo was THE best meal he had ever had :). Unfortunately he missed brunch as it was on our sea day when the waters were pretty rough and he was not feeling well. I'll be thinking of you and Tony when I'm at WDW in 26 days celebrating my birthday (and eating for free compliments of Disney's free dining promotion :)) with my friend Alicia :dance3:.

Oh no, he missed brunch?! That was such yummy food! I still regret not having room for the dessert pizza! Roll on 2012 so we can cruise together again :hug: Have a No Way Hose for me this month!

Wonderful, thank you for such outstanding reviews!!! My understanding is that they now have a new menu on DCL. Unfortunately the reviews right now are not as good as yours were. Hopefully they will get all the bugs out soon.

How exciting that we have more reviews to look forward to on your future trips!!! Are you going to write a review of your Disney paris dining? I would love to see one!!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this!!!:goodvibes

Someone on the UK boards has been posting pictures of the new menus - they look really good from what I can see! Hopefully you will have a great time!

I may do a trip report for Paris . . . get me in the swing of doing one for next December! I think with all the lovely decorated park pictures I am going to have to do a trip, as well as food, review next year!

YUM! Great reviews! nmow forgive me, bu I can't remember..did you go on the Magic or the Wonder?

It was 7 lovely nights on the Magic!

Just read all your reviews and as usual Sonya they're fabulous but I still can't believe how much food you two manage to eat :rotfl:

So pleased Virgin gave you loads of money back and it did make me laugh at the start that you stopped for Krispy Kremes, they really need to open one up in Norwich for you :rotfl2:

They don't know how much money they would make if they put a franchise in Norwich!!! We would happily spend our mortgage payments there!!!! I am so bored of driving 2 hours whenever I want a donut!

Have you got a new TR on the go yet?! I am keeping my eyes peeled for you!!

Thank you for finishing up your reviews!!! I've really enjoyed reading your thread and looking at all the great photos you took, although I don't understand how you can eat all of that food!:rotfl: Glad you enjoyed the cruise as well as WDW!!!:goodvibes

Thanks for the nice comments! I wish losing the weight was as easy as eating the food!! :lmao:

Thanks for all your yummy food reports... I'm sad we'll have over a year till we get more!

Me too!!!!

Hi, I'm also a disney foodie from Norwich too!

Great reviews, I think we're going to try Kona for brekkie when we go again at the end of the month, based on your review (and pics!), those pancakes look lush!

Hey there!! Its nice to find another Disney fan in Norwich! Where abouts are you?

Kona is SO on my repeat list! Those pancakes were one of my best breakfasts ever!

Have a great trip!

Hold the phone!! There is a Tony Roma's over here in the UK. Details, Details, Details PLEASE!!

Ok, now for the rest of it. This review is awesome. I love how you have included reviews for, shock horror, off site restaurants!! Us UK dissers really do appreciate them.

I actually haven't finished reading the reviews yet so I will probably be back to post more later!!

I know!!! This is the one we go to:-

Tony Roma's
Kingston
The Rotunda,
Clarence Street,
Kingston upon Thames,
Surrey
KT1 1QJ

There is also one in Glasgow, and one in Livingstone!!

Its a good couple of hours drive for us, so we only go about once a year. But its nice for a little taste of Florida!!

Thanks for your nice comments!:goodvibes

Just read all of your reviews in one sitting. They were great! Thanks for taking the time to write them. I definitely want to try kona for breakfast now!

Oh yes - do! It was great!!:goodvibes

Thank you - loved the reviews! We just got back on Saturday from 7 nights on the Magic and I have to concur on Palo - we did brunch on Key West day and dinner on the second at sea day - simply divine! Our Palo waiter (we had him for both meals) was superb and when we couldn't decide between dishes he offered to bring a sample of one so we could try them both. How can you not love that?? Our servers in the main dining room were also great - we had 4 kids 8 and under in our party and they could not have been better with them, and with us, including those confounded puzzles!

I did 4 nights on the Wonder in May, and just completed 7 on the Magic - the menus were very similar (I ordered many of the same dishes, and was happy to try different ones in other cases) and I have to say my overall food experience was much better this time.

I had wanted to get a taco (I love tacos!) on the ship, but I was never hungry at the right time! In fact, I was never hungry for dinner at all! Didn't stop me from eating it though! I would have loved to make that midnight dessert buffet too, but with the little ones we just couldn't swing it. All good reasons to go again!

Thanks again - can't wait till your next trip!

Glad you enjoyed your cruises! I can't wait to go on one again in a few years! Palo brunch will definitely be my first booking! I know what you mean about never being hungry - it was such a pressure trying to find room to try food from everywhere on the ship!!!:rotfl2:

For reccomended meals in NY-- you absolutely HAVE to go to Ruby Foo's! It's one of our favorites! It's just north of Times Square/all the theaters (I believe 52nd or 54th street), and serves the best Asian Fusion I have ever had. If you liked Nine Dragons, you will love this place-- I order their chicken lettuce wraps, which technically is an appetizer, but it's definitely enough for one as an entree. I don't know if this applies to you, if it's just going to be you and your husband, but they're famous for their "dim sum"-- they encourage your entire party to order just appetizers and share them! Each table has a lazy susan in the middle to encourage sharing. So fun!
Also, if you like barbeque, go to Virgil's. It's right in the middle of the theater district and has the best CORN BREAD I have ever had. Anyone who says you can't get good food in Times Square is crazy. In fact, the center of the city is one of my favorite places to dine!

Oh thank you - I will make note of all those places! Ruby Foos sounds great! And cornbread - ohhhh!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!

I have heard of somewhere called Ellen's Diner, where the waiters get up and sing? Is that any good?

It's been 20 years since I've been to NYC, but Carnegie (spelling is wrong I'm sure) had the best snadwiches and cheesecake!

Oh thanks - will look it up now!!

Hey there!! Its nice to find another Disney fan in Norwich! Where abouts are you?

Kona is SO on my repeat list! Those pancakes were one of my best breakfasts ever!

Have a great trip!

Hi, we're actually about 10 miles outside Norwich in Long Stratton, but we're Norfolk born and bred!

I hope we have a good trip too, Kona is definitely on the ADR list now for brekkie!! :goodvibes

many many congrats on such a wonderful food review hun!!!:thumbsup2

I hope to go back really soon and miss it all so much - looking forward to the next review, I dont mind waiting...popcorn::xxxxxxx

They don't know how much money they would make if they put a franchise in Norwich!!! We would happily spend our mortgage payments there!!!! I am so bored of driving 2 hours whenever I want a donut!!
:rotfl2: They now sell them at my local Tesco and I saw the other day a new Key Lime Pie Krispy Kreme :cloud9:

Have you got a new TR on the go yet?! I am keeping my eyes peeled for you!!
Not yet but I am off for a big Moms Panel reunion in 2 weeks tomorrow, I may write a TR about it :thumbsup2

Great reviews as always! I have sat here until close to 2am reading it all, I wanted to wait til it was all finished so I could read it at once!

I so knew you would like the Macadamia Pancakes when we 'spoke' about them in your Gluttony Review they absolutly are my fave mmmmmmmmmm! And as they are so big and you get three:thumbsup2 jam packed full of Macadamia goodness I knew it was impossible for you to leave hungry!

We arrived on either your last day or te day before after a 4 hour delay waiting on the Tarmac of Jacksonville Airport stuck on the plane while bad weather passed we finally arrived at WDW 5 hours behind schedule do ya think Virgin will offer me a generous refund as I lost those 5 important hours of my vacation :scared1: and I want them back!

Hi. I am LOVING this review. I am only on page 16! Cannot wait to read your review on Nine Dragons. My husband and I will be trying it for the first time in June.

That was awesome. I can't wait to go again!:lovestruc
those are some of the best dinig reviews ever!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter