But We Haven't Lost Last Years Weight Yet! COMPLETED PAGE 32!

Just finished the rest of the report and now I am STARVING. After looking at the nine dragons post, I want chinese for dinner. As soon as I post, I am going to scope out the freezer and pantry to see what I can throw together!

I do hope you review the food on the cruise! I would love to surprise the kids with a Disney cruise next year!

Thank you very much for your wonderful report. I will be keeping an eye out for your next trip. Say thanks to Tony too, you are such an adorable couple.

Really great pictures and reviews.

I was glad to hear you liked 9 Dragons. I was beginning to think I was the only one that had a really great meal there. Next time I recommend the banana cheesecake egg rolls - they are gooey, warm cheesecake wrapped in a crispy sweet wrapper drizzled with caramel.

Don't know if they have them where you are but here they sell Colgate Wisps. They are little disposable toothbrush-like things and they are great to have around for those in-between brushes. You can get them at any drug store in the toothpaste aisle. No more lingering chili dog, lol!!!!!

Love all your reviews!!! Having that next trip on the horizon to plan makes life much easier to deal with, don't you think??

Now I have to start with an apology (and not just about the length of time this report has taken). No, apparently (and this is not how I remember it at all) I hardly took any food pictures on board the Magic, and no food notes?!! That doesn’t sound like me, so I have no idea what went wrong to be honest . . . so the cruise section is going to be much shorted than expected!

I shall start by saying though that the food was just all superb! Anyone who has a cruise booked is SO lucky! We didn’t have a bad bite to eat all week, from the counter service places on deck, to all the restaurants, to the room service (and yes we were eating about 5 meals a day to try everything!).

The highlight of the week (and something I have no photos of apart from one of us drinking?!) was the Palo brunch. I only booked it at the last minute when we got on board as we weren’t going to bother with it. It was superb – there was an incredible amount of choice, from breakfast items to lunch items, to pizzas (even a dessert pizza!) to a million desserts. It was incredibly good quality, so much choice no one could leave hungry and I recommend it to everyone! It does cost $15 but it is worth every penny. It was lovely sitting there while we sailed in to Key West!
P1030447.jpg

Speaking of Key West, we made an effort to try the frozen key-lime pie on a stick that we had heard so much about at our meets . . . well Tony liked it but I have to say I didn’t. Usually I like Key Lime pie but this was a little soggy for me!
P1030471.jpg

We also tried Palo for dinner, which was also excellent. The main course was my least favourite meal of the week – I didn’t like the sauce with the lamb – but otherwise excellent, and again, really good quality food. These are the pictures of the meal though – shame be upon me – I forgot to take a photo of the famous chocolate soufflé!

Appetisers - I had mozzerella and tomato salad; Tony had calmari, which he had never had before and loved - it was really tender.
P1030637.jpg

Main course:
My lamb
P1030638.jpg

Tony had lasagna, which was a special that night
P1030639.jpg

We ate several lunch from the counter service restaurants on deck – Pluto’s dog house was our absolute favourite, especially the tacos - can you believe I had never had a taco before?! Now I make them all the time at home! I really recommend these for a quick lunch – they were absolutely stuffed with food (so much so that whenever I ordered them Tony would get in the habit of going to get me a towel from the pool to put over my lap!!! Messy eater! :rotfl:). This was the day I ordered two tacos plus chicken tenders and fries . . . just a light lunch then! Tony had a hot dog and burger, then tried my taco and had to go get himself one! Man looking at that we really are pigs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P1030635.jpg

This is me with Daisy and my first ever taco, plus a hot dog (I remember telling her she was lucky I wasn’t eating duck . . .!!). The hot dogs were nice enough – tiny bit dry. The burgers from Pluto’s were also good, as was the pizza from Pinocchio’s (much nicer than normal Disney pizza, which I don’t like).

P1030571.jpg

Burger from Pluto's
P1030440.jpg

I ordered mushroom risotto for lunch at Lumiener’s – this was every bit as good as the one at Le Cellier. I love risotto!!!!!!! Tony had a really good burger this day (no photo yet again :sad2:).

P1030497.jpg

I did do you proud with photos at the midnight dessert buffet though! Look at all this!!! This was the only point of the cruise that I regretted being on late dining as we just weren’t ready for all of this . . . that didn’t stop us trying it though!!!

P1030622.jpg

P1030623.jpg

P1030624.jpg

P1030625.jpg

P1030627.jpg

P1030628.jpg

P1030629.jpg

And the highlight of the night . . .
P1030630.jpg

I also have a couple of pictures of some desserts from dinners over the week, plus our lovely server Marco (who I forgive for torturing us with quizzes the entire week which drove us insane all through dinner!!)

P1030531.jpg

P1030680.jpg

P1030681.jpg

This was the Baked Alaska, which all the waiters carry around on the last night in a display!
P1030682.jpg

P1030683.jpg

To make up for the short reviews I emailed DCL and got the recipe for my favourite meal of the week (which I also forgot to take a photo of?!) Blue Cheese and asparagus risotto. I could have eaten three plates of this it was soooooooooooo good!

Blue Cheese and Asparagus Risotto

3 W Shallots Finely Diced
14 oz Arborio Rice
10 floz Heavy Cream
2 oz Parmesan Grated
4 floz Brandy
6 floz White Wine
12 floz Vegetable Stock
300 mil Mascarpone
20 ea Asparagus 1cm sliced
6 st Celery
6 oz Blue Cheese
4 oz Softened butter 1/4" Cubes
8 oz Walnuts Crushed
6 oz Blue Cheese crumbled

Garnish
30 ea Asparagus Spears
10 oz Parmesan Shaved
10 oz Walnuts Crushed

Blue Cheese and Asparagus Risotto
Saute the Shallots, in butter add the white wine and brandy and reduce by 2/3rds add the Arborio rice and GRADUALLY add the HOT vegetable stock ,whilst stirring continuously on the heat. Once 2/3rds of the stock has been used, add the heavy cream and mascarpone,-then stir in the celery,and crushed walnuts-add the grated parmesan for consistancy and season with ground black pepper and salt--take off the heat and stir in the cut asparagus and softened butter--settle for 5 minutes before serving.

Assembly
Just before serving, fold in the cumbled blue cheese,Garnish with 3
Spears of Aspragus,Shaved Parmesan and Crushed Walnuts.

So that is the end of our three week adventure! Really sorry the cruise reviews are so rubbish! Again, I have no idea where all the photos went, I remember taking more than I have! I am already planning next year’s trip, and will return to do reviews of course! We have booked four nights in NY, followed by 12 nights at Disney. If anyone has any recommendations on where to eat in NY I am all ears! Currently I know I want to go to Serendipities, but that’s about it!

Thanks for reading along! :goodvibes

Thank you so much for all the reviews. I have enjoyed your trip and love all the pics. I also copied the rissoto recipe - thanks for posting. I still can't believe you and Tony can put away all that food! :worship:

Awesome reviews!! I still don't know where you manage to put all that food!!! If I ate all that, I'd be 300 lbs!
I will keep an eye out for your next review - they are so much fun to read!
We have a 5 night WDW and 3 night cruise in Dec. Problem is there's just not enough time to eat at all the great places you have mentioned!!

I've loved reading all of your reviews. Thanks for sharing with us. I guess I have one final question. Did you happen to notice if they offered both soft and hard shell tacos or just hard? I had no idea they had tacos on board I know what I'll be having for lunch. :thumbsup2

Loved reading your Food Report!! You will LOVE Serendipity 3 in NYC I was there for a weekend and ate there twice...3 words to remember at Serendipity FROZEN HOT CHOCOLATE!!!! :goodvibes

As always, fabulous food reviews! Cruises are like that, I always think I've taken more pictures than I have. You were just too busy enjoying all the yummyliciousness!

Thank you so much for posting this fantastic report!

Maria :upsidedow

Sonya ~ Thanks for your great reviews :). I especially loved the cruise pictures. I agree with you, everything on the cruise was DELICIOUS!! We also did both brunch and dinner at Palo, so worth the little extra cost. Jake's friend Johnny told me that dinner at Palo was THE best meal he had ever had :). Unfortunately he missed brunch as it was on our sea day when the waters were pretty rough and he was not feeling well. I'll be thinking of you and Tony when I'm at WDW in 26 days celebrating my birthday (and eating for free compliments of Disney's free dining promotion :)) with my friend Alicia :dance3:.

Wonderful, thank you for such outstanding reviews!!! My understanding is that they now have a new menu on DCL. Unfortunately the reviews right now are not as good as yours were. Hopefully they will get all the bugs out soon.

How exciting that we have more reviews to look forward to on your future trips!!! Are you going to write a review of your Disney paris dining? I would love to see one!!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this!!!:goodvibes

YUM! Great reviews! nmow forgive me, bu I can't remember..did you go on the Magic or the Wonder?

Just read all your reviews and as usual Sonya they're fabulous but I still can't believe how much food you two manage to eat :rotfl:

So pleased Virgin gave you loads of money back and it did make me laugh at the start that you stopped for Krispy Kremes, they really need to open one up in Norwich for you :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter