• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bumped from VWL upon checkin and given Lodge rooms?

Or once again, DVC is telling people what they want to hear, and there is inconsistancies in the 'official' line.
Several options. No official policy which leads to chaos, inconsistency and the cowboy attitude we see occasionally. It's left up to the individual resort which I think is more likely the case and is little better than the first option. An organized game plan much as I posted earlier though there will always have to be room for appropriate handling of individual situations.

As for the "pecking order". I do think they need to have one, and frankly, I think it should be cash that gets bumped first, followed by guests, followed by members. I suspect the "bumping guests first" thing does come from MS perception that ALL guests are renters. It's not true, but might be the perception.
I don't see any way DVC can make any decision based on "guest" vs "renter", to me and in many ways, to DVC, they are one and the same and should be. Even if they wanted to do so, there is really no way they'll be able to know so no reason to try to do so.

As for compensation when things do happen, each case is totally different. It depends on the makeup and expectations of the group as to how much harm and inconvenience occurs in a given situation along the lines in this thread. But one thing I hope we would all agree on is to be up front and deal with the issues at that time whenever possible. That requires the member to stand up at the time and say what is or is not acceptable, not a week or month later. When it's a guest (including renters), it's more complicated because they don't necessarily know when they're being jerked around and are often not comfortable saying so.

Added DVC's definition of a guest:
"Guests" are non-Club Members staying with or on behalf of a Club Member. Guests are not authorized to use a Club Member's Vacation Points to make their own reservations. Club Members may make a reservation on behalf of a Guest.

VWL and OKW are completely different. OKW is old Florida - very laid back (like VWL) - but no grand lobby, only one restuarant - which you have to go outside to get too.

the arcade is smaller (this is only a problem if you have kids) - but there are 2 of them - one near the main pool, other near turtle cay pool.

It is a lot bigger than VWL.

but I do love it!!!

find out what they are willing to do - since this is not something that should be happening.

if you have ADR at WL are they willing to change them to OKW or POR - POFQ which is closer doesn't have a restuarant.

or since they are forcing this move - how about the parks?

the OKW 1-bedroom is definitely bigger than 1-bedroom at VWL. So if it just the two of you - you might enjoy the privacy more.

We weren't looking for anything in return, we just wanted to know why they wanted us to move after so much planning went into our vacation (LIke most folks). Maggie called DH today and offered us a 2 bedroom villa at OKW (not costing us extra points). We of course jumped on that.

For whoever asked how they new where our room was going to be...I wondered that myself!!!

I know it is NOTHING like VWL but we are pretty easy as long as we get some kind of reasonable explanation. (wether it is true or not is another can of worms!)

We do have children 10 and 18, but they will probably take the boat down to DTD and the Quest. We always take a trip over to the Contemporary for their arcade. Plus we eat character Breakfast there one day. Either way it isn't VWL but I am sure we will make the best of the whole situation. I am not as upset as I was at first and I know some folks had it worse of then us.

Hope everyone has a safe and pleasant Thanksgiving....:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter