Buena Vista Suites

Goofy&Sleepy

Mouseketeer
I am sure this is a decent place as it is advertised on DIS but has anyone stayed here. I booked several months ago for 3 nights the week of EASTER & got the $89 deal w/b'fast. We usually stay at our DVC BUT are only staying a few nights on our way back from South FL visiting inlaws. Will I be happy esp. at that price? Maybe even bigger than DVC?? as we are family of 4.

I don't have any answers for you, but we are looking into this hotel as well for a quick trip in September. The pictures look great, but we're wanting to know more about the place too.

Does anyone else know how far is it from MK or DTD? How does it compare to a mod resort? Is it worth it to stay off site vs. on site at this place?

OP - hope this gets some answers for both of us!!

TIA!!! :goodvibes

We have stayed there several times and actually enjoy it immensely. We get the two bedroom suite with living room/dining room and two bathrooms (each floor only has one or two of these suites, most just have one bedroom/bath). Furniture was better before they remodeled, IMHO. Breakfast Buffet is good, I am just to cheap to tip you for bringing me a drink and it is quicker to eat in the room. They have fresh baked chocolate chip cookies at check in and a kids check in area with a bunch of “junk” the kids love, lol. The pool is fun, game room was okay, exercise room had a working treadmill… It is minutes (less than 5) from DTD and driving to all the parks was very quick. We liked it and it met our family of 6 needs quite well and spaciously for the price each time we have stayed.

How much more is the two-bedroom suite over the one-bedroom? We are looked at next year and getting a one bedroom because is sleeps 6, but having two bathrooms sounds really good. Tried to find some info on them on their website, but no luck. I know they run specials all the time for the one-bedroom, but don't think I've ever seen any for the two-bedroom.

We just returned from staying here for 2 nights and its wonderful, we have no complaints about this hotel! The rooms are clean and spacious and it is nice to have the extra room to allow everyone to have their space. We had a 1 BR suite with 2 queen sized beds and that was more then enough for our family of 4. Not sure where the OP got chocolate chip cookies at check in, or say a kids check in area ...we have stayed here on several occasions and never experienced either. Maybe its Buena Vista Palace they are thinking of? Breakfast is great too, lots to choose from even the pickiest of eatters can find something here, I know first hand about picky eatters!!! There are no servers, everything is get it yourself with the exception of toast/bagels and if you are looking for eggs over easy/well done. Honestly its a great place to stay, and they usually offer some great prices as well. Every Thursday they post specials of the week too, so be on the look out for those! As for the distance from Downtown Disney ...it was only an 8 minute drive from the hotel to there, magic kingdom was about 20 mins to the parking lot ...all in all a wonderful place to stay!!! Not sure how the bus service is, we had a rental car so we never used it!!!

Enjoy your stay!!! You won't regret it!

We have stayedat their sister property next door, Caribe Royale, and really liked it. One caution, the food was not our cup of tea! Perhaps that one is better? Located just minutes from MK!!

We have stayed there several times and actually enjoy it immensely. We get the two bedroom suite with living room/dining room and two bathrooms (each floor only has one or two of these suites, most just have one bedroom/bath). Furniture was better before they remodeled, IMHO. Breakfast Buffet is good, I am just to cheap to tip you for bringing me a drink and it is quicker to eat in the room. They have fresh baked chocolate chip cookies at check in and a kids check in area with a bunch of “junk” the kids love, lol. The pool is fun, game room was okay, exercise room had a working treadmill… It is minutes (less than 5) from DTD and driving to all the parks was very quick. We liked it and it met our family of 6 needs quite well and spaciously for the price each time we have stayed.

I just contacted them and they said they don't have two-bedroom suites...only one-bedroom. The sister property next door has a two-bedroom villa, maybe that is what you meant.

We stayed there last year, during Spring Break. We loved the breakfast buffet- the food was very good and the staff friendly. The rooms were nice, 2 queens in the main bedroom and a sleeper sofa that was comfortable in the other room. Down side was only one bathroom. There were TVs in both rooms. Very close to DTD, and not too far from the parks. If you drive to the parks, do not go through DTD area, it will slow you down, there is a more direct route, with less traffic. We liked it a lot and would not hesitate to go back.

We went for a short trip in December and stayed at Buena Vista, in the 1-bedroom suite. I had low expectations for the breakfast buffet, but it was surprisingly good. We ate there every morning of our 5 day trip and had no complaints.

Someone asked how it compared to a WDW moderate. Much, much better in my opinion. The beds were very comfortable. The only WDW resort beds I could ever describe as comfortable are at a deluxe resort. We're just usually so tired at the end of the day that we don't care!

We're heading back in a couple of weeks, on a trip with my daughter and her boyfriend. For space reasons, we're staying at Buena Vista again. Our daughter can sleep in the room with us in one of the two queen beds and her boyfriend gets the sleeper sofa in the living room area. The sleeper sofa isn't especially comfortable though.

Is there a light right there to get in and out of the property? Do you enter from 535 or 536? I'm trying to decide if it's easy to get in and out of the property. I have a weekend trip in Sept/Oct at the LaQuinta on Universal Blvd but if this is nicer and easy to get in and out of I may switch.

Anybody with an updated review? I have just booked for October based on the reports here and on Trip Advisor. I also would like to know if the entrance is on 536 or 535. I hope it's on 535....that's a better route to be on for the parks.

Thanks in advance!

When pp mentioned Buena Vista Palace, it occured to me that I had the two confused also, in fact only knew of the Buena Vista Palace as I stayed in the Travelodge which is now a Best Western.

I am wondering where in relation to Hotel Plaza Blvd is the BVS located?

When pp mentioned Buena Vista Palace, it occured to me that I had the two confused also, in fact only knew of the Buena Vista Palace as I stayed in the Travelodge which is now a Best Western.

I am wondering where in relation to Hotel Plaza Blvd is the BVS located?

It's about 2.5 miles away. BVS is at the intersection of 536 and 535 (536 is also known as World Center Drive). It's just south of Hotel Plaza Blvd. Hope this puts it in perspective. :)

It's about 2.5 miles away. BVS is at the intersection of 536 and 535 (536 is also known as World Center Drive). It's just south of Hotel Plaza Blvd. Hope this puts it in perspective. :)

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter