Brushes with "greatness":Who have you spotted visiting WDW?

I could be standing right next to a celeb and not see them, i'm always too caught up in where we are headed.

Back in 2000 my whole family (parents, aunt, cousins, grandparents) was in Disney for a week. One night we were supposed to go to Planet Hollywood for dinner but at the last minute my mom and aunt decided they didn't want to eat there, so I think we wound up at Rainforest Cafe. Turns out the night we were supposed to eat at Planet Hollywood, NSYNC was there. I was 11 so naturally I was a HUGE NSYNC fan.

My mother still hears about it occasionally and I'm 23...

We must have been there at the same time! I was 10 and we were on the bus to Downtown Disney to eat at Planet Hollywood and some lady my parents were talking to was like "It's going to be crazy there tonight, 'N Sync is supposed to be there." Our reservations were pretty early so we just missed all the craziness but I remember seeing the band exit the House of Blues but they didn't stop to sign anything for anyone (there were only a few people standing around waiting), which crushed my little 'N Sync-loving heart. :laughing:

About 3-4 years ago I was rounding the corner toward the train to Rafiki's Planet Watch at AK and nearly ran into Kelly Ripa. I actually noticed her oldest son first and thought he looked familiar. Then I realized which family I was looking at. I was surprised!

Non Disney related, I met Donald Driver from the Packers (and who just won Dancing with the Stars) last summer outside of Lambeau Field.

About a year and a half ago my DH and I were having dinner at Calif Grill and Joey Kramer, drummer for Aerosmith, was seated at the table right next to us.

Didn't see him there, but Jim Gaffigan was recently on Letterman talking about a recent trip to Disney. Said it was pretty much exactly like a trip to the DMV........if the DMV were located on the surface of the sun :rotfl2:

I found this thread while doing a search for Jim Gaffigan. I watched his "Mr. Universe" routine on Netflix recently and he did a long skit on Disney. The whole show was hysterical but the Disney bit was particularly funny. It can be streamed from Netflix.

If you are an adult who loves Disney, be prepared to laugh at yourself.

I haven't seen anyone famous that I know of - but I'm usually so excited to be at Disney World that I'm fairly oblivious.

But, I was wondering two things:

1. Did anyone catch Tom Cruise and Suri recently? I think they were there the first part of August - at least, there are some paparrazi shots of them.

2. Wonder if Gary Sinise goes on the Mission: Space ride when he goes to Epcot?

Either no one famous goes when I go, or I'm too busy having fun to recognize anybody.

I did think I saw Darius Rucker walk down the street of my city about 12 years ago.

Best one so far - Last December - Beach Club Lobby After midnight Saturday of the parade taping..none other than Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez. This was verified by Teena.

I did notice he had a really expensive leather jacket on. Dh thought he looked tiny. I guess he thought me with my wheelchair and saying I was getting cancer cranky was pretty harmless. They just went to the right. We went to the left. He was staying at the Yacht Club. If I knew who he was I might hae asked for an autograph because the lobby was empty then.

Also saw Michael Chickliss once coming out of Test Track or Mission space during spring break/easter once.

I dont know if Michael Jackson ever went there with Lisa Marie but if he did then we saw him too and he high tailed it out of there. I think it was way back when it was toontown area.

Also saw Michael Chickliss once coming out of Test Track or Mission space during spring break/easter once.

Was this 2003 or 2004? Soon after Mission Space opened? Because my husband swore up and down that he saw "The Commish" while he and our DD were playing the Mission Space games. I had just finished the ride, and thought my husband was crazy. It was during Easter break.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter