Brunch at the Top - Cali Grill *new updates from 12/11/16 on p.6*

I hope they don't cancel this. I booked this for our November trip, and I hope they at least keep the reservations made through this year.

I think it just takes some time for guests to know that this is offered. If it wasn't for the dis boards I would have no idea it was offered. Probably the thing I am most looking forward to on our trip in Dec.

I think it just takes some time for guests to know that this is offered. If it wasn't for the dis boards I would have no idea it was offered. Probably the thing I am most looking forward to on our trip in Dec.

I agree completely. Out of all our adrs, I can't wait for brunch!

We have 10 am ADRs here on our last day. It looks amazing!
Thank you so much for posting photos as well as review! So appreciated!

Heading to the Cali brunch next Sunday October 2. Your review just really got me excited. I was skeptical because the last few visits to Cali grill for dinner did not live up to the typical 5 star experience I'm used to up there. But this brunch kind of has me re thinking. Will see what it's all about.

What a great review! Love the pictures. Thanks for sharing. We have an ADR on Feb 26th. Looking forward to it even more after reading your review.

Just as an FYI to other unsuspecting folks....I am standing here at the Contemporary after having had brunch earlier today at the California Grill. Michael at the valet stand charged me $25 for valet, specifying that only Tables in Wonderland cardholders are supposed to receive complimentary valet parking.

Naturally, I was quite surprised, since when we checked in the afternoon for brunch, there was a gentleman at the valet stand to greet us, confirming that valet was included. The cost of the parking was blacked out in sharpie, thus additionally indicating that valet parking was included as part of the brunch experience.

I don't want any other unsuspecting folks to get surprised as we did at 1am. Granted, after paying nearly $300 for brunch, an additional $25 wasn't a hardship. However, I don't like being played for an uninformed tourist who doesn't know any better.

Just as an FYI to other unsuspecting folks....I am standing here at the Contemporary after having had brunch earlier today at the California Grill. Michael at the valet stand charged me $25 for valet, specifying that only Tables in Wonderland cardholders are supposed to receive complimentary valet parking.

Naturally, I was quite surprised, since when we checked in the afternoon for brunch, there was a gentleman at the valet stand to greet us, confirming that valet was included. The cost of the parking was blacked out in sharpie, thus additionally indicating that valet parking was included as part of the brunch experience.

I don't want any other unsuspecting folks to get surprised as we did at 1am. Granted, after paying nearly $300 for brunch, an additional $25 wasn't a hardship. However, I don't like being played for an uninformed tourist who doesn't know any better.
Wow, I read on another thread that if you take your receipt to guest services, they will refund the parking price. Not sure though if that's true for valet or just the regular parking...

On the reservation page for the CG, it does say complimentary valet parking is included for brunch, but I don't think it means you can leave your car there for the rest of the day. If you were picking up your car at 1 AM valet was being charged because you left the car long after you finished brunch. It's the same with TiW which has free valet while you dine, but not the entire day. Sometimes valet won't charge, but they can.

On the reservation page for the CG, it does say complimentary valet parking is included for brunch, but I don't think it means you can leave your car there for the rest of the day. If you were picking up your car at 1 AM valet was being charged because you left the car long after you finished brunch. It's the same with TiW which has free valet while you dine, but not the entire day. Sometimes valet won't charge, but they can.
Oh, wow, i didnt realuze the car was left for the day!
Nope, my understanding is you get 3 hours of valet parking for free, for the whole day you have to pay.

Whether it was those "cards and letters," or just a victory for good taste, the Brunch at the Top is now available through the end of February, 2017.

Oh this is wonderful news. Now to watch them stretch these dates out until April!

Just back from brunch with an update. Don't know when it changed, but they no longer do bread service. It's on the self selection area now which we didn't see. Our waitress mentioned bringing bread service which she never did (maybe mentioned it out of habit) when I asked about it she reacted very oddly. Not rude, but not pleasant.

Same thing happened with the entree service. We each ordered one entree and wanted to share the pancakes. She acted like we couldn't order more than 1 entree. Made us feel very uncomfortable. Very unlike the reports/reviews I've read.

Mimosas are still unlimited.

Great food and atmosphere, but this is the only time we've left less than 20% tip.

so happy to see everyone is enjoying the brunch. We just got back and enjoyed it a second time on 12/11/16! I'll post a mini update with a few new pics shortly.

Just back from brunch with an update. Don't know when it changed, but they no longer do bread service. It's on the self selection area now which we didn't see. Our waitress mentioned bringing bread service which she never did (maybe mentioned it out of habit) when I asked about it she reacted very oddly. Not rude, but not pleasant.

Same thing happened with the entree service. We each ordered one entree and wanted to share the pancakes. She acted like we couldn't order more than 1 entree. Made us feel very uncomfortable. Very unlike the reports/reviews I've read.

Mimosas are still unlimited.

Great food and atmosphere, but this is the only time we've left less than 20% tip.

this doesn't make sense, unless something has changed in a week. I wonder what was so confusing with your server?

We were just there on 12/11 and yes, they did not automatically deliver the sampling of the bread service, so this was new.
Our server described what was available and asked us to let him know which and how much we wanted to try. We asked for a variety of each.

But we had no limits on the courses. We did order 3 to share again with no problems or concerns at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter