Brunch at the Top - Cali Grill *new updates from 12/11/16 on p.6*

So expensive but does look delicious - definitely would need to go starving though to make the most of it. Thanks for posting

True, very expensive. I'd place it in a similar category with the $67.00 charged for breakfast in the castle. Well worth it IMO.

How far in advance do they release the dates? I just checked for January 1 and 8, and "dinner" is the only option on the drop down menu.

That's interesting. I can see Narcoosee's brunch is available in Jan. so it must be for some other reason. Hope they're not discontinuing it. Now I'm really glad I booked again in December.

I was hoping that, maybe, they hadn't released plans for the new year, but Narcoosee's brunch being available kind of "knocks that in the head." Oh, well. I guess I'll just have to keep checking.

We did this over the weekend, after going back and forth on whether it would be worth it. This thread actually inspired us to keep it. And it TOTALLY was. Just an entirely different feel than dinner. We had the 12:55 seating and the place was nearly empty. The live music is a nice touch, and absolutely everything I put in my mouth was the best (fill in the blank) ever, down to the fruit.

We had the frittata and chicken as entrees. The frittata was delicious, but the filling to egg ratio wasn't my favorite, if that makes sense. I'd likely go for the benedict if I were to do it again. The chicken was divine, and I'm not even a huge fried chicken fan.

I'd totally do this again, if I was there on a Sunday!

The OP said they were allowed to choose more than 1 entree. Were you offered the option to choose another? Or maybe they've change their policy?

The OP said they were allowed to choose more than 1 entree. Were you offered the option to choose another? Or maybe they've change their policy?

We didn't ask. We were stuffed to the gills and more than happy to just enjoy the chicken!

I'm totally going to be asking for more than one entree! I'll be dining solo so no one to split with, but I want to try a few of them! ;)

You should have no problem sampling the menu. Here's another thread confirming you can order more than 1 entrée.

Sunday Brunch at Narcoossee's or California Grill?

I'm totally going to be asking for more than one entree! I'll be dining solo so no one to split with, but I want to try a few of them! ;)
I'm also doing a solo trip (mine is in Dec) and I've booked this --- and may order a second entrée too. I'm really excited for this.

Thanks to the OP for the amazing review (and pictures!)

Ooooo I really hope they are allowing this in 2017. We are heading to WDW for the Dark side half and would LOVE to celebrate finishing the half/challenge with some fancy lady brunch. It looks absolutely amazing!

Ooooo I really hope they are allowing this in 2017. We are heading to WDW for the Dark side half and would LOVE to celebrate finishing the half/challenge with some fancy lady brunch. It looks absolutely amazing!

This was my plan for the post Dark Side Half brunch too!

Please please write to Disney guest services and tell them this! According to our server (I know, I know, you never know whether they are informed) last weekend, this brunch is on the chopping block as it has not been filling up. I think if we tell Disney we are wanting to book in the future it helps our chances of keeping it!

Please please write to Disney guest services and tell them this! According to our server (I know, I know, you never know whether they are informed) last weekend, this brunch is on the chopping block as it has not been filling up. I think if we tell Disney we are wanting to book in the future it helps our chances of keeping it!
I'm booked for Dec. 4 and will be crushed if they cancel before we have a chance to try it! When did you go?

I'm booked for Dec. 4 and will be crushed if they cancel before we have a chance to try it! When did you go?

This past Sunday! (The 14th of August) Well, and also in May on May 29th. (Shameless plug: my dining report is on this board and I took some pics of CG brunch!) I know I shouldn't repeat gossip from CMs but I was lamenting to our server how I wanted to make a reservation for New Years Day but that the reservations stopped at the end of the year. Our server said that the head honchos were all meeting to determine whether to continue to offer the CG brunch because they've only been using half the restaurant and the numbers have been low for such a big production (I saw a TON of chefs and back of house people so I tend to agree that it must cost a lot to run this event). BUT he said that the reservations are up starting next weekend and he hopes they will continue it. I pretty much begged him to pass along our love of the event! But it did NOT sound like they are considering canceling any reservations that are already booked so I think you are safe!

Good idea, thanks! I'll definitely do that. Do you know what the best email address to use would be?

Good idea, thanks! I'll definitely do that. Do you know what the best email address to use would be?

I have good luck just emailing the general guest communications address.

As an update: I received a survey after my recent stay (it was allegedly related to my resort stay but eventually I got to a question about the Cali Grill brunch) so I made sure to write them an ode on how much I LOVE this brunch... haha.

I've been more times than I care to admit, and have gotten to know the area manager and the event/reservation planner at the California Grill. If not exactly on the chopping block, they are fighting to justify its continued run after the end of the year. Both had no hesitation asking me to tell Guest Communications that I wanted it to stay, and let everyone else who's gone, or wants to go, to write as well.

It's not a money-loser, just not as much of a money maker as the food & beverage management wants, given the logistics and labor to host it. Anecdote isn't the plural of data, but this past weekend was as busy as I've seen it so far. About 2/3 of the tables were filled, and several turned over more than once. They are sold out for November 6th, the day of the Wine and Dine half.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter