• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bring Vegetarian Niece, I could use your help!

Podgieree

Earning My Ears
Hi All! I could really use your help. We are bringing my 15-yer-old godchild with us to WDW. (We do not have children.) She is a vegetarian - more of the grilled cheese/ pizza variety than a boca burger girl. I'm in the process of planning our PS's and I could really use your thoughts. TIA! ::MickeyMo

PS But I really enjoy the vegetarian chili at CHH in Mk. :goodvibes :wizard: :wave2:

I'm in a similar position - I'm veg, my DD is not. We've never had a problem getting fed at the same place. If your niece isn't into Boca burgers, there are still a lot of options. Flip through the menus at www.allearsnet.com to see what looks appealing. Several places offer pizzas, pastas, veggie sandwiches, veggie chili, etc. And truthfully, I haven't met the restaurant yet (anywhere, including WDW) that won't whip up a grilled cheese..... :banana:

Also, you can call WDWDINE and let them know you have a vegetarian and they will most likely email you some info. We have food allergies and they emailed me safe foods and ingredient lists. All sit down restaurants will work with you.

Disney is awesome for food issues!! :teeth:

Steph

Thank you all for responding! I agree wholeheartedly that Disney is wonderful for food issues. While DGD (Dear God-daughter) is a vegetarian, I'm a celiac! I know what it's like to try to find places to eat "in the real world". At Disney all I need to do is make my PS's, call ahead to the chefs and I get things I haven't been able to order for years. The last time we went (DH and I), we spent our first evening at Whispering Canyon (we were staying at WLV). I had a wonderful pasta dish. When we ordered our coffee after the meal, the server asked us if we would be interested in the GF brownie that the chef had prepared. We looked at each other and said, "Sure, why not?". It was the size of a cake! We took most of it back to our villa. Every night thereafter, we would come home, make a cup of tea, and have another piece of wonderful chocolate bliss! We are Disney lovers. I can't wait to go! ::MickeyMo

danny1649 said:
PS But I really enjoy the vegetarian chili at CHH in Mk. :goodvibes :wizard: :wave2:

All of us (DH, me, twin DDs 11) are vegetarians, and we all like this chili! This is usually our lunch spot at MK.

WDW is really good about having vegetarian things, but the veggie burgers are usually the Boco burger types. There is a good veggie sandwish at Tusker House at AK.

I agree about looking over the menus on the allears.net website. Those have really helped us plan our meals.

Enjoy!
DJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter