Brief dining review July 2021 trip Disney and Universal

lelew

Mouseketeer
7/8 We stayed overnight in Savannah GA. We had lots of Ruth Chris gift cards to use so we made reservations there. My Husband's steak was delicious and melted in his mouth as he would say. Daughter ordered calamari which was excellent. I ordered crab cakes; they were not that great. But the ginger lemon martini made up for that, they were so good.

7/9 We checked into Aventura and had dinner at Mythos in IOA. My roasted chicken and potatoes was good, husband ordered Spanakopita dip that was delicious and daughter order regular tender and fries. This is a good option if you're in the parks and want a sit down restaurant but wouldn't go out of my way to eat there. Also, the food offers in the food court at Aventura was really good and fresh.

7/10 We ate dinner at Pat O’brien at city walk. This was so fun. The entertainment that night was great and they had the entire restaurant singing and jammin to the songs. I ordered the shrimp and grits and it was very good. I don’t remember what the other two had because I was so into the music. I highly recommend this restaurant. Forgot to mention lunch at Finnegans at US. I ordered the Guiness beef stew which was really good. daughter had the typical burger and fries, and my husband ordered a cobb salad which he really liked.

7/11 Dinner at the Bob Marley restaurant at Citywalk the entertainment there was also good, the jerk chicken and sweet plantains was tasty, everything else not so much. We also ate lunch at Splitsville Disney Springs and they have some of the best sushi on property. Food there is always good and fresh.

7/12 check in at Saratoga Springs lunch was at House of Blues before the movie we ordered burger fries and nachos everything was good and fresh. We had dinner later at CityWorks and they had some of the best fish tacos I ever had. Another restaurant that I highly recommend.

7/13 Quick service in the parks Sunshine Season and Peco Bills neither were great much better in the past. My daughter ordered kids burger from peco bills and when I looked at it I told her she did not have to eat it, It looked horrible but she was so hungry she ate it anyways.

7/14 Dinner at Homecoming, I had fried chicken salad which was very good and filling. Husband wasn't that hungry so he ordered the key west shrimp cocktail. It was a lot and he couldn't finish it. Daughter had tenders and fries. They were also sold out of the catfish. It was a busy day for them.

7/15 Lunch at Yak and Yati. We got priority seating with our landry card ( they had long waits when we arrived at 11 30am). The food and cocktails were very good as always. Our waitress recommended the the ChickenTikka Masala and it was delicious. We ate dinner at the resort The Artist palate which was not good at all. We also had reservations at Oga’s which in my opinion was a waste of money. Daughter didn't like her drink, husband didn't like his beer, and my cocktail was just ok. We also had to stand, which was uncomfortable. That place is one and done for us.

7/16 dinner at Twin Peaks on International Drive. This was awkward because they were having bikini week and the waitress was literally walking around with string bikinis on. They also didn't seem to be happy as if they were overworked. Our server was very nice to us. The food was not that good. Husband had fish tacos, I ordered a platter of nachos and daughter had burger and fries. That's another restaurant one and done.

7/17 Last meal was at the Boathouse Disney spring. At this point in the trip we are really not that hungry so we just order appetizers. Daughter ordered mac and cheese and oysters. Husband ordered salad and I had the firecracker shrimp and two fresh margaritas. Everything was very good and a perfect way to end our trip. We did not make advance reservation at the Boathouse but we were able to sit at the bar in the back of the restaurant it was still fun and was able to strike up good conversation with bartender who was great.

Last edited:
Thank you for taking the time to write this.

What else was served with the jerk chicken besides the plantains if you remember. I’ve a mania for well seasoned rice and peas, LOL

What else was served with the jerk chicken besides the plantains if you remember. I’ve a mania for well seasoned rice and peas, LOL

my daughter ordered the jerk chicken platter which also was served with rice I cant remember what her vegetable was with that. I ended up eating half her food because it was a lot. I ordered the curry shrimp and only took a few bites as it was not that good nor were the vegetables served with it.

Next time, try Boathouse for brunch, the rolls are to die for! The have live entertainment at the Sunday brunch.
The breakfast options are limited, but very good. Oh but the rolls.......:thumbsup2

We really like Mythos, always a nice meal in a nice cold place.
I would like to try Pat O'Briens sometime.

How was your room at Aventura? Did you have issues with hearing neighbors?
Saw a vlog and the rooftop patio looked really nice.

Next time, try Boathouse for brunch, the rolls are to die for! The have live entertainment at the Sunday brunch.
The breakfast options are limited, but very good. Oh but the rolls.......:thumbsup2

We really like Mythos, always a nice meal in a nice cold place.
I would like to try Pat O'Briens sometime.

How was your room at Aventura? Did you have issues with hearing neighbors?
Saw a vlog and the rooftop patio looked really nice.
Oh yea forgot to mention the rolls in my review, my daughter did request some from the bartender I had one of hers and they were very good. The brunch is on my bucket list. As far as noise in the room I did not hear anything. We had the Queen deluxe room on the 11th floor at the end of the hallway. I enjoyed Aventura especially for the price point. We will definitely stay again when visiting US

7/8 We stayed overnight in Savannah GA. We had lots of Ruth Chris gift cards to use so we made reservations there. My Husband's steak was delicious and melted in his mouth as he would say. Daughter ordered calamari which was excellent. I ordered crab cakes; they were not that great. But the ginger lemon martini made up for that, they were so good.

7/9 We checked into Aventura and had dinner at Mythos in IOA. My roasted chicken and potatoes was good, husband ordered Spanakopita dip that was delicious and daughter order regular tender and fries. This is a good option if you're in the parks and want a sit down restaurant but wouldn't go out of my way to eat there. Also, the food offers in the food court at Aventura was really good and fresh.

7/10 We ate dinner at Pat O’brien at city walk. This was so fun. The entertainment that night was great and they had the entire restaurant singing and jammin to the songs. I ordered the shrimp and grits and it was very good. I don’t remember what the other two had because I was so into the music. I highly recommend this restaurant. Forgot to mention lunch at Finnegans at US. I ordered the Guiness beef stew which was really good. daughter had the typical burger and fries, and my husband ordered a cobb salad which he really liked.

7/11 Dinner at the Bob Marley restaurant at Citywalk the entertainment there was also good, the jerk chicken and sweet plantains was tasty, everything else not so much. We also ate lunch at Splitsville Disney Springs and they have some of the best sushi on property. Food there is always good and fresh.

7/12 check in at Saratoga Springs lunch was at House of Blues before the movie we ordered burger fries and nachos everything was good and fresh. We had dinner later at CityWorks and they had some of the best fish tacos I ever had. Another restaurant that I highly recommend.

7/13 Quick service in the parks Sunshine Season and Peco Bills neither were great much better in the past. My daughter ordered kids burger from peco bills and when I looked at it I told her she did not have to eat it, It looked horrible but she was so hungry she ate it anyways.

7/14 Dinner at Homecoming, I had fried chicken salad which was very good and filling. Husband wasn't that hungry so he ordered the key west shrimp cocktail. It was a lot and he couldn't finish it. Daughter had tenders and fries. They were also sold out of the catfish. It was a busy day for them.

7/15 Lunch at Yak and Yati. We got priority seating with our landry card ( they had long waits when we arrived at 11 30am). The food and cocktails were very good as always. Our waitress recommended the the ChickenTikka Masala and it was delicious. We ate dinner at the resort The Artist palate which was not good at all. We also had reservations at Oga’s which in my opinion was a waste of money. Daughter didn't like her drink, husband didn't like his beer, and my cocktail was just ok. We also had to stand, which was uncomfortable. That place is one and done for us.

7/16 dinner at Twin Peaks on International Drive. This was awkward because they were having bikini week and the waitress was literally walking around with string bikinis on. They also didn't seem to be happy as if they were overworked. Our server was very nice to us. The food was not that good. Husband had fish tacos, I ordered a platter of nachos and daughter had burger and fries. That's another restaurant one and done.

7/17 Last meal was at the Boathouse Disney spring. At this point in the trip we are really not that hungry so we just order appetizers. Daughter ordered mac and cheese and oysters. Husband ordered salad and I had the firecracker shrimp and two fresh margaritas. Everything was very good and a perfect way to end our trip. We did not make advance reservation at the Boathouse but we were able to sit at the bar in the back of the restaurant it was still fun and was able to strike up good conversation with bartender who was great.

Just FYI and I could be wrong but I believe Twin Peaks is the same type of place as Hooters....if you know what I mean.

Just FYI and I could be wrong but I believe Twin Peaks is the same type of place as Hooters....if you know what I mean.
I think your right, it did seem like a hooters. I saw the restaurant on a vloggers video once and said I wanted to try it the next time I was in Orlando, but I didn't get a Hooters vibe when I was watching her video. However, the place did seem like good location to go watch football games and such if that's your thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter