Breakfast at Sanaa

Wow! Actual breakfast food served in Kidani.

I was disappointed that there was no Chakalaka mentioned on the menu (my favorite "condiment" served with some breakfast items in Boma and Mara), but I'm open to the idea of a potentially spicy tomato chutney :)

We are there now, and the breakfast is nothing fancy but doable. You can get a bagel, cereal, some fruit, pasties, scrambled eggs with bacon.

I think the idea was that it was takeaway but you can dine in also.

We got 20% discount because of annual passes but that might be an error because the receipt said something about "cast discount "

We are going there today again.

Regards.

Thanks for the heads up, we will be there in October and we will check it out.

Most QS breakfast is "nothing fancy." The purpose of QS breakfast is to be hot, decent and fast.

This should help with some of the Kidani complaints. Maybe.

They don't have the breakfast menu on the WDW website yet, anyone have a pic of the menu?

Does anyone know if breakfast is a quick service credit or table service on the dining plan?

Does anyone know if breakfast is a quick service credit or table service on the dining plan?

I don't know for sure but to me it would be the same as Mara. Unless they have a wait staff taking orders and bringing food to you, then it is a quick service.

Last edited:
Has anyone used dining plan snack or quick service credits for Sanaa's quick service breakfast yet?

We were there this morning and used the dining plan. The meals on the menu where quick service credits and things like muffins were snack credits. They had the snack credit options that we could grab right when we walked in, and the meals we ordered at the register and then a server brought them to us.

They aren't doing a good job advertising it. The sign in the main lobby still says that Sanaa just serves lunch and dinner.

We were there this morning and used the dining plan. The meals on the menu where quick service credits and things like muffins were snack credits. They had the snack credit options that we could grab right when we walked in, and the meals we ordered at the register and then a server brought them to us.

They aren't doing a good job advertising it. The sign in the main lobby still says that Sanaa just serves lunch and dinner.

Thank you for this! I was curious if the Grab n' Go options were on the dining plan as a snack credit, so thank you for the information!

Does anyone know if the Saana breakfast is still in effect? We are having our first 'Welcome Home' visit at the beginning of March and was hoping to grab snacks there before heading to the parks.

i was there around the 20th of December and it was there. I thought it was very handy. most of the same quick service items, and a couple that were different. The banana bread with chocolate sauce was delicious. I also got the 20% ap discount and thought it was very reasonable. Plus, if you want, you can eat in Sanaa, which is quite a bit nicer than your standard quick service location.

We have a 16 month old grandson who loves animals, but is too young to last a full day at AK. We were thinking of bringing him over to Sanaa breakfast so he could see the animals outside the windows and we could get some breakfast.
We originally had a lunch reservation, but I cancelled it when I learned that it would not work with his nap schedule.

Any thoughts? Is it worth the drive from another resort?

We ate breakfast at Saana twice in October. I thought the food was good. We always did the full breakfast offering.

IMG_2662_zpsirkebsni.jpg

But it is a quick service meal. I wouldn't drive there from another resort for breakfast but to show your grandson the animals I would do that. BTW, the hours are very limited. They close very quickly at 10:00 am.

They still do it. I was going last week but had to cancel when a little one get sick. The concierge at Grand Floridian did not know about the breakfast at Sanaa when I asked a question about being able to park at Kidani for a non-reservation meal. I had to show him the breakfast on my phone. He called over to Sanaa and confirmed that they are still offering the breakfast (and said he did not think that parking would be a problem.)

I am sad I didn't know about this when I booked Jambo house. I actually booked Jambo house solely because of the lack of breakfast at Kidani. I know part of DVC is the possibility of cooking in your room, but I generally just like to buy quick to-go breakfast and get out the door. I've wondered for a while what people staying at Kidani do about breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!