Breakfast at BOATWRIGHT'S, P.O.Riverside (formerly Dixie Landings)

Castle2000

Earning My Ears
My first breakfast at the former Dixie Landings Resort was French Toast at BOATWRIGHT'S in 1992. It was a sourdough baguette cut into 2 inch slices, dipped in egg, deep fried, rolled in cinnamon and sugar and served with warm maple syrup. OH!...it was to die for delicious! Years later it was renamed Crescent City French Toast. You could also order Banana Stuffed French Toast among other delicious breakfast choices. One of the best breakfast restaurants on Property. And all of a sudden.....it was gone! What really happened to breakfast at BOATWRIGHT'S? Does anyone know? The staff was awesome, the food was awesome and the prices were reasonable. Needed a reservation as the place was always packed. I sent several requests to Management to reconsider re-opening BOATWRIGHT'S but never heard a word. Did you ever eat there? What was your favorite? Would you go again if it were to reopen?

We always ate there for breakfast--even tho we never stayed at Port Orleans. I recall some claim that they closed due to lack of business--but every time we went for breakfast it was always quite full.

It is Gone With the Wind just like Dixie Landings. The breakfast was excellent but is no more.

It may be a matter of profit margins. CSR operate Las Ventanas for breakfast, but they have people on expense accounts. In general, Disney don't make mods into destinations for dining these days so they concentrate effort at Deluxe/near park resorts that are easier to get to from other spots on campus. This is a bit of a shift from 1992, when the ideas of Deluxe/Mod/Value wasn't fleshed out.

The audience for dining at mods is assumed to be the people staying at the Mod. The audience for dining at a deluxe is assumed to be everyone.

We loved having breakfast here while staying at POR (and as Dixie Landings). My favorite was the Eggs Benedict. I was told the secret was a little cayenne in the hollandaise.

It may be a matter of profit margins. CSR operate Las Ventanas for breakfast, but they have people on expense accounts. In general, Disney don't make mods into destinations for dining these days so they concentrate effort at Deluxe/near park resorts that are easier to get to from other spots on campus. This is a bit of a shift from 1992, when the ideas of Deluxe/Mod/Value wasn't fleshed out.

The audience for dining at mods is assumed to be the people staying at the Mod. The audience for dining at a deluxe is assumed to be everyone.

I am sure this is entirely right, but, it does strike me as odd that, if you are staying at a hotel, you still might not be able to get a reservation for dinner at the same hotel ANY night of your stay. Not *entirely* a complaint, just find it weird.

I am sure this is entirely right, but, it does strike me as odd that, if you are staying at a hotel, you still might not be able to get a reservation for dinner at the same hotel ANY night of your stay. Not *entirely* a complaint, just find it weird.
Hang at Tambu Lounge sometime and watch the tantrums at the Ohana stand on that subject sometime.

Hang at Tambu Lounge sometime and watch the tantrums at the Ohana stand on that subject sometime.
We're at the Poly next December. Luckily, I know in advance to try and book if we want to eat there. And, of course, with so many options, there is no other way to do it, how else predict which people staying would actually eat there etc...

Did you ever eat there? What was your favorite? Would you go again if it were to reopen?
Yes, I had an excellent breakfast there and it was sweet potato pancakes! The Wave now has them, but yes I'd do breakfast at Boatwright's again if offered, and I also wish they would re-open for breakfast.

Loved their sweet potato pancakes and their banana stuffed French toast with strawberry sauce! We often went out of our way to have breakfast there!

I loved their breakfast...it was delicious, quick and reasonable. It was only a couple of dollars more than getting breakfast from the food court but so much better and served on a plate. I was really disappointed when they stopped serving breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter