Boyfriend's 1st DW trip & Birthday Celebration

allyxo

Earning My Ears
I've been to Disney World twice. My first time was October, 1997 & my second was October, 2001. As you can see it's been awhile since I've been to Disney & I'm looking forward to my Feb 28, 2011-March 7, 2011 trip! 8days, 7 nights! It's a much needed trip. My name is Ally and I'm 20 years old. My Dbf is 21 and will celebrate his birthday in Disney! We're also bringing along our friend for the trip. My bf has never been to Disney and is excited, he has no idea what to expect! We really want to start traveling more and hope to visit Disneyland, just because we want to visit Cali really bad! My first trip to Disney we stayed off-site, my last trip we stayed All Star Music. I've been dying to go back and when my bf agreed I got super excited and started planning right away :yay:

I picked this time to go because we've been wanting to go on vacation & I thought it be great to celebrate his birthday in the World. Also Free Dining was available..too good to pass up! We'll be staying at POP (first time there). It looks really nice & I'm excited to see it! Can't wait to plan some more :)

OK! I found you, Ally,
great start...
we went to WDW in October 2001 too! I was a wonderful time very low crowds. We just stayed at the POP this past April and again beautiful weather and low crowds...wonderful time of the year to visit.

:yay: FREE DINING!! :yay:
can't wait to hear more of your plans...
need any more help just let me know
:wave2: Connie

OK! I found you, Ally,
great start...
we went to WDW in October 2001 too! I was a wonderful time very low crowds. We just stayed at the POP this past April and again beautiful weather and low crowds...wonderful time of the year to visit.

:yay: FREE DINING!! :yay:
can't wait to hear more of your plans...
need any more help just let me know

I love Disney in October, it's the best weather! Thanks for all your help! You helped a lot :flower3:lol

Ok, so I have a 6 day park hopper & I wanna see all the parks plus Universal and DTD. Plane lands at MCO at 9:40am. We have ADRS at Le Cellier at 2:50 and then tour some of Epcot until park closing at 9 then we'll do Epcot another day. Is this too much for the first day? I want to do as much as possible.

sounds like a great first day, Ally...

Are you planning just US or IOA too?!?
in April we arrived on a SAturday we spent time by the pool @the POP and DTD
Sunday we did MK; we started w/Rope Drop and had planned to return but it was our only day of rain (and it was a bad storm)
Monday --AK; DHS for EMH (just a short visit)
Tuesday -- Epcot; DHS
Wednesday --Epcot; DHS and MK for Spectro
Thursday -- we checked into Royal Pacific Resort @ Universal--spent the day at Islands of Adventure
Friday -- spent day @ Universal

if the week you have chosen is not President's Week you should be able to do a park a day...but, I remember you saying you were planning to park hop you should be fine doing that, too. You guys should not have any problems seeing everything you want to plus have down time.

we have never done table service our entire trip (other disser's will have to help you on the ADR portion); this past trip we did AK's Donald's breakfast (it was lots of fun)...

sounds like a great first day, Ally...

Are you planning just US or IOA too?!?
in April we arrived on a SAturday we spent time by the pool @the POP and DTD
Sunday we did MK; we started w/Rope Drop and had planned to return but it was our only day of rain (and it was a bad storm)
Monday --AK; DHS for EMH (just a short visit)
Tuesday -- Epcot; DHS
Wednesday --Epcot; DHS and MK for Spectro
Thursday -- we checked into Royal Pacific Resort @ Universal--spent the day at Islands of Adventure
Friday -- spent day @ Universal

if the week you have chosen is not President's Week you should be able to do a park a day...but, I remember you saying you were planning to park hop you should be fine doing that, too. You guys should not have any problems seeing everything you want to plus have down time.

we have never done table service our entire trip (other disser's will have to help you on the ADR portion); this past trip we did AK's Donald's breakfast (it was lots of fun)...

We're doing US & IOA in one day. I'm thinking about changing my plans again and do a park a day and I'll have two days extra that are clear so we can always go back to another park that we want to see again. I'm only doing TS because it's included in the dining plan :)

I'm joining too.
Just to be sure, but you did upgrade to the regular dining plan then? I just want to be sure you know, since you are new to Dis. and it can be confusing.
I think your 1st day sounds great. Just realize if you get tired, go back and rest.

I'm joining too.
Just to be sure, but you did upgrade to the regular dining plan then? I just want to be sure you know, since you are new to Dis. and it can be confusing.
I think your 1st day sounds great. Just realize if you get tired, go back and rest.

Yes I upgraded to the regular dining plan, thanks. I was thinking if we did get tired during any of the days we could just go back to the hotel and rest up a bit.

Our first full day in Disney March 1st, we plan on going to HS for the whole day. I plan on being there by opening, which is 9 and go on as many rides until our ADR at 50's Prime Time at 11:30. Then the plan is to ride some more rides and whenever we get tired head back to the hotel, relax and maybe swim. Then we plan to head back to HS at night time and ride some more rides and go to our ADR at Sci-Fi at 6:30. After Sci-Fi we want to ride more rides and stay til park closing w/ magic hours HS closes at 10. We're gonna definetly make the most out of HS with a big day there! Then at 10 head back to the hotel and rest up for a big day at Epcot for my boyfriend's birthday!

Ok, March 2nd we have planned on going to Epcot for my boyfriend's birthday:yay: We plan on starting the day by a quick breakfast at the hotel & head to Epcot (the plan is to TRY & get to parks at opening, good idea or no?)

We want to ride some rides in the begining of the park and have ADR for 4:30 at Via Napoli for the birthday dinner :banana: I'm so excited to try Via Napoli because I've read such great reviews and can't wait to try! I was planning on ordering a cake but could we use his dessert from the dining plan as his "cake"? I wanted to see if I could ask a head of time if they can write "Happy Birthday Anthony" on his plate with whatever dessert he choses without him knowing. Does that make sense? If not I'll just buy a seperate cake.

After dinner we'll tour the rest of Epcot probably end with the World Showcases :) I want to stay the whole day at Epcot because it's so beautiful at night time, which park isn't? Maybe after dinner we can head back to the hotel to rest..if not we can stick it out the whole day there, we'll see how things go.

I was thinking about using a TS at MK. I was thinking maybe Crystal Palace-but I heard some mixed reviews about it, some good some not so good. I don't have to use a TS at MK but I was still debating. Any thoughts? :confused3

Sounds like good plans. I have an ADR for Dec at Via Napoli. I have heard alot of good reviews and a few bad, but I think my family will like it.

I was thinking about using a TS at MK. I was thinking maybe Crystal Palace-but I heard some mixed reviews about it, some good some not so good. I don't have to use a TS at MK but I was still debating. Any thoughts? :confused3

I've been to dinner at CP twice, and we have loved it. I love Pooh so much. Growing up, he was my favorite and it was so much fun ther to see them. We thought the food was good there.

Ally, sounds like really great plans. If I were going I would open and close the park...just the way we like to do it. When planning a return for a rest and swim try to give your self about 3 hrs between the ride back and forth, the swim, the rest BUT very doable when you open and close the park.

As for US/IOA~ US is a half day park ~ IOA was a half day park not sure now with HP being added;and that is with seeing/riding each attraction only once. Now, HP only has one attraction that you ride but suppose to have lots to see and walk through. If I did only one day for the two parks be sure to start w/IOA and than pick up the must do's at US for the second half of the day.

I have heard good things about CP; we did it way back when and enjoyed it. Character dining is just so "Disney Magic" with or with out children.

Ally, sounds like really great plans. If I were going I would open and close the park...just the way we like to do it. When planning a return for a rest and swim try to give your self about 3 hrs between the ride back and forth, the swim, the rest BUT very doable when you open and close the park.

As for US/IOA~ US is a half day park ~ IOA was a half day park not sure now with HP being added;and that is with seeing/riding each attraction only once. Now, HP only has one attraction that you ride but suppose to have lots to see and walk through. If I did only one day for the two parks be sure to start w/IOA and than pick up the must do's at US for the second half of the day.

I have heard good things about CP; we did it way back when and enjoyed it. Character dining is just so "Disney Magic" with or with out children.

I was hoping to do US/IOA and then DTD for dinner at Planet Hollywood, didn't know if this was too much in one day. I'll book CP and add that to the day I go to MK.

Sounds like good plans. I have an ADR for Dec at Via Napoli. I have heard alot of good reviews and a few bad, but I think my family will like it.

I've been to dinner at CP twice, and we have loved it. I love Pooh so much. Growing up, he was my favorite and it was so much fun ther to see them. We thought the food was good there.

I can't wait to do Via Napoli-their chicken parm looks yummy! Thanks for the CP advice I'm going to book it :thumbsup2

March 3rd we plan to go to MK for the day. I planned on going to the bakery at MK for a quick morning breakfast and then head to ride some rides. I have ADR for Crystal Palace at 11:30, hopefully beat someone of the crowds by doing lunch early. I figured since we're doing lunch a little early maybe the rides/park won't be too crowded. We may head back to the hotel from a little break since we'll be staying at the park until night.

Does Anyone go to Universal? I've been there twice and forget how we got there from the hotel. The last time we rented a car while in Disney but I forget the other time..hm. Well anyways, I've been looking on different sites for the best deals. I've looked on undercover tourist..which had decent prices. I came across DREAMSUNLIMITEDTRAVEL.COM and found that for $121.43 (incl. tax) we can get a park to park ticket per person with transportation! :yay: I think this is a good deal. Has anyone ever used this site before? The only option to pick the ticket up is to go to the "Will Call Kiosk Option" which is a electronic ticket machine. The transportation is thru Mears and they can't pick you up from the hotel between the hours of 10am-3pm, that's the only weird part :confused: But all in all, this seems like a great price. This may be the cheapest way to go for Universal. Okay so plans for a day in Universal/IOA would be: wake up early and have breakfast at the hotel. Catch the Mears bus early (Universal/IOA times haven't been posted yet) we want to make park opening. Hopefully be on the bus by 8, 8:30. Spend the entire day at Universal/IOA. After Universal we'll head back to the hotel freshen up a bit and catch a bus to DTD and spend the night there and shop around and eat at Planet Hollywood around 8 for a late dinner. That covers March 4th.:banana:

sounds like a great plan for MK day (3rd)!
and that sounds like a great deal for US/IOA...I had purchased our tickets from undercover tourist--we had 2 day 2 park but not the hopping tickets! we stayed on grounds this past trip but we stayed in a townhouse the year before (they do not offer transportation so we just jumped in I-4 and followed the signs.

March 5th is still undecided. We're still not positive if we want to go to AK or not, if we do this may be they day. We will probably end up doing a half a day at AK and end with the night at HS. HS & Epcot are two of my favorite parks so if we could go multiple times that would be great! We have park hoppers so we should take full advantage of them :) I think with one TS left we will use QS for the full day. So maybe going to AK for the morning and we'll have lunch either restaurantosaurus or pizzafari. We may either head back to the hotel to chill out for a little or head straight to HS. We'll go on some rides and eat a QS which I'm still not sure what to get. Does anyone recommend any QS? We don't have to decide a QS until we get there and look around because we don't need ADRS :banana:We'll probably stay the whole night there.

I would do AK. it has some neat things there. Do EE and the safari and take some time to look around. It really is a beautiful park. If you like parades, stay for it. It has one of the best parades in all of Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter