Bounceback question

Ashleybritton

Mouseketeer
I wasn’t sure if I should post this here or in the resorts page. I’m taking each of my kids on a one-on-one trip and I’d like to take advantage of a bounce back offer, but I’m not sure I’ll be able to. I’m going with my daughter November 5th and my son November 30th. By the time of my daughter’s trip I’ll be within 30 days of my son’s trip so it will be paid in full with gift cards. His hotel is currently booked with zero discount. I am assuming I would need to make a brand new reservation and pay in full (complicating things because gift cards are tied up to his existing reservation), and I would be out the $200 deposit on the original reservation because it’s within 30 days. Is that correct? Is there an easier way to do this that I’m not thinking of? Also, can I just modify his reservation to a later date and then cancel it?

Sorry this is so complicated.

why not just cancel the nov 30 reservation now. buy tickets separately and make a room-only reservation. that one can be cancelled within 5 days prior to arrival. once you arrive on your first trip, call and apply the bounceback offer or cancel and make a new booking. Check first that BB dates works. I think it's only for 2024, so find a flyer online and it will have all the dates.

why not just cancel the nov 30 reservation now. buy tickets separately and make a room-only reservation. that one can be cancelled within 5 days prior to arrival. once you arrive on your first trip, call and apply the bounceback offer or cancel and make a new booking. Check first that BB dates works. I think it's only for 2024, so find a flyer online and it will have all the dates.
This is correct, BB are for stays in 2024 so it would not apply to your November 30th stay. Now when you are there in November, you can book for 2024 if there is availability. There were very slim pickings for September 2024.

Oh that’s great to know about them only being available in 2024. Sounds like a BB isn’t going to be an option for me. I’m really surprised there isn’t any discount for my Nov. 30th trip and there’s pretty limited resort availability. It’s a bummer having to pay full price and a little concerning that crowds will be heavy.

Oh that’s great to know about them only being available in 2024. Sounds like a BB isn’t going to be an option for me. I’m really surprised there isn’t any discount for my Nov. 30th trip and there’s pretty limited resort availability. It’s a bummer having to pay full price and a little concerning that crowds will be heavy.
That’s right before Pop Warner. Disney doesn’t host it anymore but it draws 10k athletes plus their families to Orlando so some of them wanting to hit Disney before the events kick off wouldn’t be surprising.

That’s right before Pop Warner. Disney doesn’t host it anymore but it draws 10k athletes plus their families to Orlando so some of them wanting to hit Disney before the events kick off wouldn’t be surprising.
Pop Warner is no longer at Disney. They were at universal last year and are seaworld this year. One of the people who works for me coaches a pop cheerleading team. She said she does not believe they will be invited back to Disney or universal based on poor behavior of kids.

Pop Warner is no longer at Disney. They were at universal last year and are seaworld this year. One of the people who works for me coaches a pop cheerleading team. She said she does not believe they will be invited back to Disney or universal based on poor behavior of kids.
I literally said Disney doesn’t host it

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter