Booking Vacation, need help with where to stay

1296MHz

Earning My Ears
Hi All,

Getting ready to book 7 days at Disney World mid October. Torn between spending $400/night at the Contemporary or saving some $$$ and staying at the Caribbean Beech Resort for around $200. Traveling with my wife, 3 year old and 6 month. Monorail would be nice but not sure it's worth a $1500-2000 increase in the overall cost.

Any advice?

Thanks!!

As a family of 5, we don't have the choice; we won't fit into any of the moderates (other than Fort Wilderness, and camping is NOT my idea of a vacation!!!) We always stay Deluxe and LOVE it.

But my brother in law, who can well afford any resort on Disney property, stays at Caribbean Beach.

(But, just to play devil's advocate: you know that you can WALK a tired,cranky child back from the Magic Kingdom to the Contemporary, right?? :) )

Hi All,

Getting ready to book 7 days at Disney World mid October. Torn between spending $400/night at the Contemporary or saving some $$$ and staying at the Caribbean Beech Resort for around $200. Traveling with my wife, 3 year old and 6 month. Monorail would be nice but not sure it's worth a $1500-2000 increase in the overall cost.

Any advice?

Thanks!!

We've never stayed at the CR, but we have stayed at CBR and we loved it. The grounds were beautiful, the food court was great, the pool was a lot of fun (and has been redone since our stay), and the buses were quick and efficient. CBR is centrally located so it didn't take more than about 10 minutes to get to any theme park, water park, or DTD. On the other hand, the CR is great if you will be spending a lot of time at MK as it's not only convenient being on the monorail, but you are also within walking distance to/from MK. However, you can't really compare a deluxe to a moderate as they are so very different and only you can decide whether or not the extra cost is worth it for your family to be on the monorail. With that said, CBR is a great resort, IMO, and we wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. Good luck deciding, but I'm sure you'll have a great trip no matter which resort you choose :wizard:.

being on the monorail line with little ones makes it so convenient. Not having to fold the carriage each time you have to get on and off a bus is a great perk of using the monorail. You can get to epcot this way too if going.

I think if you can swing it, staying at one of the resorts on the monorail is well worth the trip. We stayed at Poly last time and this was a great feature.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter