Booking Questions

MudBud

Mouseketeer
Hi, Not sure where the right place to post this so hopefully it's ok and someone can help.

I’m going in circles trying to figure out the best way (cheapest) to buy tickets, on-site hotel & dining plan. Can someone confirm that I’m correct with these thoughts:

If I book hotel only (Pop Century) I'll still be able to use Magical Express to get from the MCO airport to POP?

Booking hotel only, I'll still get magic bands included in the cost?

Booking hotel only, I’ve read I can call Disney to add the dining plan. Is this true or depend on the CM you get? (I’ve done the math, I’ll either break even or be ahead using the plan)

There’s a promo right now for Canadians to get 25% off park tickets. Do I need to book the hotel first, then call to add the dining plan before buying the park tickets? I read on here that someone who had hotel only & separate park tickets was denied the dining plan.

If I book the hotel now, and a promo comes up later for a discount on hotel rooms, will Disney give me the discounted price or am I locked into the price I booked it at? Assuming when I call there’s availability at the resort I have booked.

Any thoughts if the free dining promo will be blacked out again for Nov 11 & 12 like in 2016? In 2015 these dates were part of the promo. Free dining would be the best option for me but I don't think my dates will match Disney's promo dates.

Thank you for any answers you can provide! Sorry for being so long.

If I book hotel only (Pop Century) I'll still be able to use Magical Express to get from the MCO airport to POP? YES

Booking hotel only, I'll still get magic bands included in the cost? YES

Booking hotel only, I’ve read I can call Disney to add the dining plan. Is this true or depend on the CM you get? YES, IT'S TRUE.

There’s a promo right now for Canadians to get 25% off park tickets. Do I need to book the hotel first, then call to add the dining plan before buying the park tickets? I read on here that someone who had hotel only & separate park tickets was denied the dining plan. THERE IS NO PROBLEM GETTING THE DINING PLAN BEFORE BUYING YOUR TICKETS. YOUR RESERVATION WOULD CONVERT TO A "TICKETLESS PACKAGE" AND WOULD BE SUBJECT TO ALL PACKAGE RULES AT THAT POINT.

If I book the hotel now, and a promo comes up later for a discount on hotel rooms, will Disney give me the discounted price or am I locked into the price I booked it at? Assuming when I call there’s availability at the resort I have booked. NO PROBLEM DOING THAT. YOU CAN CHANGE.

Any thoughts if the free dining promo will be blacked out again for Nov 11 & 12 like in 2016? In 2015 these dates were part of the promo. Free dining would be the best option for me but I don't think my dates will match Disney's promo dates. THERE IS NO WAY TO KNOW AT THIS POINT.

See responses in red above.

"There’s a promo right now for Canadians to get 25% off park tickets. Do I need to book the hotel first, then call to add the dining plan before buying the park tickets? I read on here that someone who had hotel only & separate park tickets was denied the dining plan. THERE IS NO PROBLEM GETTING THE DINING PLAN BEFORE BUYING YOUR TICKETS. YOUR RESERVATION WOULD CONVERT TO A "TICKETLESS PACKAGE" AND WOULD BE SUBJECT TO ALL PACKAGE RULES AT THAT POINT."

But will I still be able to get the dining plan if I've bought the park tickets on promo 1st and then book the hotel 2nd and then call to add the dining plan?

Thanks for your quick reply!

"There’s a promo right now for Canadians to get 25% off park tickets. Do I need to book the hotel first, then call to add the dining plan before buying the park tickets? I read on here that someone who had hotel only & separate park tickets was denied the dining plan. THERE IS NO PROBLEM GETTING THE DINING PLAN BEFORE BUYING YOUR TICKETS. YOUR RESERVATION WOULD CONVERT TO A "TICKETLESS PACKAGE" AND WOULD BE SUBJECT TO ALL PACKAGE RULES AT THAT POINT."

But will I still be able to get the dining plan if I've bought the park tickets on promo 1st and then book the hotel 2nd and then call to add the dining plan?

Thanks for your quick reply!

Yes, you can still get the dining plan in that case. Again, you'll be converting to a "ticketless package" and will be subject to package rules. You can't get "free dining" without buying tickets with your package, but that doesn't seem to be your situation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!