Booked Fantasmic Dinner Package FYI

crazyj4488

DIS Veteran
I just booked a Fantasmic Dinner package for April 24th this morning and had NO problems getting a 6:30PM (latest time) seating for 2 at the Hollywood & Vine. I didn't expect to get anything calling this late. Lookin good. This is the first evening we arrive at the World...should be a nice way to kick things off as we planned on being at MGM for the first afternoon anyways.

Thanks goes to this board for me even knowing about this nice package in the first place...had no clue it existed...haven't been to the world since 2001.

I always hated lining up an hour or more in advanced for the Fantasmic show...this will really help out.

-J

We werre able to do this last week too, at MM. Thanks to these boards, I found out that they open up later seatings, about 30 days out.

YEAH ofr us.

We booked for May and the only times available was 4PM :(

I will take your advise and call about 30 days in advance to check for later times. 4PM is pretty inconvient for us. We arrive that day at 12:30 and after being on the plane we'll be hungry. But with an all you can eat buffet at 4PM we are afraid we won't be hungry. I really hope when I call back they will have a 6:30 time - that would be perfect.

Thanks for posting this! I, too, began calling early last week to change my Fantasmic dates/seating time, and there was nothing open at the BD on the date I wanted - April 19. Just called this morning, and I had my pick from any seating time between 4 and 6 p.m.! So, it's a bit more than 30 days, but they will open up eventually.

(Incidentally, I just canceled the FDP seating I had for the BD on 4/17. Good luck!)

You know you are a psycho when...

...you wake up in the middle of the night and your first thought is about Fantasmic! ressies! That's what happened to me just last night! :rotfl2:

I have been thinking TOO MUCH about where we'll get the dinner package!

From a CM when trying to make fantasmic ressie's, for those of Us on the dining plan that for a 10.00 extra charge, they will "UPGRADE" to the fantasmic package. Does anyone else know anything about this.... or to be safe, should we try to get the package deal up front?

Thanks,
Charles

I had a similar situation. I learned about the package late from reading the DIS boards (so helpful!). I could get nothing for April 17-18 about a month ago. I called last week and was able to get my pick of later times for 4/18, booked for 6:30. I asked about the package and MYW dining....the CM told me that it was included. Since we are all getting different stories, I will just be certain I am prepared to pay something if necessary!

Well...a good rule of thumb here has been confirmed. If you weren't able to get your preffered seating time while calling over 30 days away from your trip, call again closer to your trip. Sound advice.

Thanks again to the forum for opening my eyes to this deal. Heck, it isn't even really costing me anything extra since it would cost me $21.99 a head at Hollywod and Vine anyways. The only thing is that you need to pay for the package as soon as you book it and the full amount is pretty much non-refundable.

-J

I called last night and was told my time frame for May was all booked. But she told me to call about April 15th, when the later times should be opened up.

I have a 4:30 ressies at H&V Fantasmic DP for June 13. Believe it or not, that is the time I wanted. Never really found anything good for lunch at MGM... kwim. So, we will have some breakfast that morning. Have some snacks.... pretzels, cheese crackers etc that we will have in backpack around lunchtime. Then have a nice very eary dinner. We will have several hours to go do something else before we need to get our seats for Fantasmic and will probably either finish up our snacks or share some popcorn during the show if we get hungry.

crazyj4488 said:
Well...a good rule of thumb here has been confirmed. If you weren't able to get your preffered seating time while calling over 30 days away from your trip, call again closer to your trip. Sound advice.

Thanks again to the forum for opening my eyes to this deal. Heck, it isn't even really costing me anything extra since it would cost me $21.99 a head at Hollywod and Vine anyways. The only thing is that you need to pay for the package as soon as you book it and the full amount is pretty much non-refundable.

-J

Actually, you don't pay for the package at the time of booking - they just take a credit card for a guarantee, and if you don't cancel within 48 hours, you're charged $10 per person in your party penalty.

So, no harm, no foul!

valandemmy said:
From a CM when trying to make fantasmic ressie's, for those of Us on the dining plan that for a 10.00 extra charge, they will "UPGRADE" to the fantasmic package. Does anyone else know anything about this.... or to be safe, should we try to get the package deal up front?
Thanks,
Charles

anyone just back that has actually tried this??

I got a table for 7 today at Mama Melrose at 6:30 on April 25 for the package! (Talk about a runon sentence...LOL!)

I called at exactly 90 days out & the latest I could get was 4:10pm which is way to early for us. So I was very happy I could get a later one today!

Justy remember tht you can not use the DDE with the FDP--at least that is what they say. . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter