BoG February 25th Victory Thread!

Did you secure a BoG ADR today?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still nothing on MDE for me :(. I finally got through and left my name and number with a manager. She's supposed to check through the system when it goes back online and see if I have any reservations in there.

I suppose it is possible that I have about 20 reservations for the end of August considering the number of times I was able to start the process of making a reservation and then (I think) not complete one. I was able to choose many times on different days, but I don't think any of the reservations completed. I did not receive any confirmation emails and so far they have not shown up in MDE. I called Disney and got through after 50 or so calls (I have to check the iPhone counter), at which point I was told that the system was locked down. I didn't realize I could have booked some time between midnight and 6, though there was plenty of availability at 6, just couldn't seem to complete the reservation. The slowdown/system crash seems to have happened around 6 though. Possibly some availability will open up in the next day or two, but this was certainly a mess. Personally the app has never worked for me for making reservations, but I am happy to try the computer or the phone again once this dies down. We have eaten at BOG before, but the rest of the family has not. The reservation agent was just like, yup, we pretty much expected it to fall apart this morning. I asked if they had set aside tables for phone reservations in light of that, but she didn't know and had no idea when the system would be back up. This seems to have been pretty poorly planned out. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Set my alarm for 5:50 - went online, just decided to try it even though it was before 6 and it worked - I had no clue they opened it up early, thought it was 6am?

System was easy and smooth for me, logged in, searched, and booked, all before 6am. Got confirmation email. Didn't show up in MDE for about 2 hours, but there now.

Well Olive I hope if there are 20 end of August ressies in your MDE, I hope you release them asap if they show up on your MDE!!! I'm looking for end of August.

Glad people have had success! Disney's online and phone systems aren't able to handle surges in volume, of any kind. They have GOT to fix that! The number of times I've waited on hold, had online glitches, etc., all related to surges due to discounts being released, or dining reservation things... it's amazing they can't figure this out.

For all the reservations I tried to make this morning, it looks like only the last one I attempted on each day worked... which is kind of a bummer, as the first several tries I was offered better dining times for my schedule, only to get the error screen and start over again. After several rounds of this, the dining times I was offered were not ideal, but I tried them anyway, then I gave up. Then magically, reservations appeared in MDE. Not complaining, though!! Happy to have anything at all.

WOOHOO!!! The CM called me back and had snagged me one!! Apparently, they're back online now, so if you still don't have one, try NOW!

Will lunch still be counter service or are they changing the menu and making it counter service?

I got on a few minutes before 6:00 and was able to get the reservation I wanted exactly at 6:00. I checked for an email confirmation and never received one, but my reservation does show up in MDE.

I ended up with 23 showing in MDE for June 5 lunch, for 5 .... got no email confirmation, but I am getting the cancel confirmation email.

I'm in Europe (6 hours ahead of EST) so I watched for a few hours to see when it would open up. I booked online at 5:55 EST for April 14 and right away received the email confirmation but, like others, it didn't show on MDE until a few hours later. Since it wasn't showing on MDE at first I was freaking out and trying to do it again which is when I started receiving the error messages - probably about 20 times.

I was able to get one for one person but I have a party of 6! Any chance I'll be able to convey that into a larger group? There's no availability for another party of one st the same time. If nothing becomes available I'll just cancel, I won't show up with 6 with that reservation!

Tried at 9:15 for March no availability, tried again got one 1/2 hour later then I wanted but took it. Got email confirmation and showed up in MDE immediately. I did this online from my computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter